Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cellulite getting worse since starting to brush?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellulite getting worse since starting to brush?

Originally posted by violet 04-05-2013, 01:50 AM

Just wondering if anyone experienced an increase in their cellulite when they started to body brush? I have been doing it for a month now, and I've noticed that my type two cellulite has become type three! I used to just have a little on the backs of my legs, but I could feel it under the skin of the rest of my body. Now I literally have dimples all over my butt, and the front of my thighs have lumps

Please tell me this is transitional and it's just the cellulite becoming loose before being flushed out..! (Wishful thinking?)

ayj67
    04-05-2013, 02:06 AM

Lumpy and fluffy is fat shift... Keep tapping, the fat shift will go away between 1 week to 3 weeks. If you do more lymphatic pumping like more HD or stepping, the fat shift will go away faster.

Cellulite... it will take longer, you need to get rid of more toxins and accumulating. So, you need to watch what you eat (less artificial ingredients the better). Drink a lot more water, it is important to drink a lot more water to flush out toxins. Skin brushing, alfalfa, be consistent.

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

violet
    04-05-2013, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by ayj67 View Post
    Lumpy and fluffy is fat shift... Keep tapping, the fat shift will go away between 1 week to 3 weeks. If you do more lymphatic pumping like more HD or stepping, the fat shift will go away faster.

Cellulite... it will take longer, you need to get rid of more toxins and accumulating. So, you need to watch what you eat (less artificial ingredients the better). Drink a lot more water, it is important to drink a lot more water to flush out toxins. Skin brushing, alfalfa, be consistent.
    Thanks Ayj I eat really clean (no wheat, no refined foods) and I'm brushing consistently twice a day...

Is it normal that it gets worse for some people before it gets better?

ayj67
    04-05-2013, 02:28 AM

Fat shift always look bad, and most of the time is after you really activate you muscle like you have never been (especially after a bootcamp), your lymphatic moves were not sufficient to move off the fat. These are fat (marbling embedded in muscles) that got push out and up to the skin layer, therefore, the skin looks more lumpy and fluffy. As I said, if you keep up, the fat shift will go away within weeks. This fat shift will come once every few months if you are a good tapper, and you push to your max every few month to break a pleateau, but once you burn the fat off, it is gone for good (unless you stop exercise and started eating poorly again).

Fat shift always look bad in the bluff, but when the clothes are on, you actually is smaller because of the muscle tighten up.

I don't think cellulite will get worse before it get better, if it is worse off, you are accumulating more toxins, or your skin structure is worse off, your nutrient is worse, and your acidity is higher. The only way to do that is if you are seriously dehydrated. Drink a lot of water, before, during and after the exercise, keep up with stepping and HD. Skin brush a few times a day, take more alfalfa.

ayj67
    04-05-2013, 02:53 AM

Did you ever take picture of your skin, maybe it is improving. If they were big huge cottage cheese lumps of cellulite before, when the fat pockets started shrinking, it will be dimply.

I don't have those, but I have seen dimply butts at the locker room. I think actually they were improvement from fat lost.

If you are in an estrogen flood, then you can have more cellulite. What you will have to do is to control estrogen, yes, aflafla, Menopause Management /Ladybug DVD, and more stepping and HD.

violet
    04-05-2013, 11:02 AM

Thanks for all your help and suggestions Ayj

Cmirams
    04-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Thanks for posting this Violet because I am having the same problem. My inner thighs are now so *jiggly* that when I brush I have to look away because it frightens me. Ayj67 started me on AL (and now DD) and I am losing inches so I can only hope that the skin will tighten up. I'm taking Ayj67's advice that is above and hoping that by the summer the legs are presentable. Thank you Fashion Industry for capri pants.

violet
    04-08-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Cmirams View Post
    Thanks for posting this Violet because I am having the same problem. My inner thighs are now so *jiggly* that when I brush I have to look away because it frightens me. Ayj67 started me on AL (and now DD) and I am losing inches so I can only hope that the skin will tighten up. I'm taking Ayj67's advice that is above and hoping that by the summer the legs are presentable. Thank you Fashion Industry for capri pants.
    Hi Cmirams,

Glad it helped you! I actually just found this article, which is totally relevant and has brought me some relief

Most relevant part:
    I wanted to discuss something else that often happens when people are getting very lean and dealing with stubborn body fat: the fat gets squishy, feeling almost like there are small marbles under the skin. Yes, very scientific, I know. That’s the best I can do. As folks get very lean, down to the last pounds of fat, the skin and fat cells that are left will often change appearance and texture. It will look dimply (as the fat cells which are supporting the skin shrink and the skin isn’t supported) and feel squishy to the touch. This is bad in that it looks really weird, but it’s good because it means that the fat is going away. I have nothing truly profound to say about this topic, just realizes that it happens and usually indicates good things are happening.

Full article here: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

Cmirams
    04-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Violet, You just made my day! I'm getting *lean*. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ayj67
    04-08-2013, 10:40 PM

That was my guess. You really have to take pictures of the trouble spot. If you don't take pictures, you will not see the improvement progress.

Cmirams
    04-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Ayj, easier said than done. I really have a difficult time documenting something I keep hidden even from my husband. But you're right, a picture's worth a thousand words - even if those words are *squishy fat*.

ayj67
    04-08-2013, 10:56 PM

Find a good girl friend or sister to take the pictures, or just try to use your phone to take one. It is harsh to look at in the beginning, but you don't know the improvement unless it is pictures side by side.

Actually, the kindles or tablet does a pretty good job on those pictures close up... I took close up pictures to check my age spot progression... It was not a good beginning picture, but I am glad that the horrible exist that I can clearly tell my skin was improving. That validates if I should continue some expensive face treatment or not.

violet
    04-10-2013, 04:09 AM

Originally posted by Cmirams View Post
    Violet, You just made my day! I'm getting *lean*. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Glad it made you feel better! It gave me some reassurance too. The fat on my body seems to be migrating to different places and it was confusing the hell out of me, lol. No change on the scales...

violet
    04-10-2013, 04:10 AM

Find a good girl friend or sister to take the pictures, or just try to use your phone to take one. It is harsh to look at in the beginning, but you don't know the improvement unless it is pictures side by side.

Actually, the kindles or tablet does a pretty good job on those pictures close up... I took close up pictures to check my age spot progression... It was not a good beginning picture, but I am glad that the horrible exist that I can clearly tell my skin was improving. That validates if I should continue some expensive face treatment or not.
    That's a great idea Ayj - just used my macbook pro The pics aren't the greatest but better than nothing. Looking forward to the "after" pics

Comment

JohannaRegina
      10-31-2014, 06:17 PM

This fat shift will come once every few months if you are a good tapper, and you push to your max every few month to break a pleateau, but once you burn the fat off, it is gone for good (unless you stop exercise and started eating poorly again).
      Hi Ayj!

This is really interesting as I think I am experiencing this at the moment. I was bit surprised that the cellulitis on my legs seems to be looking worse than it did a while when I was thinking to myself "oh, this is great, cellulitis is getting less and less" and then all of a sudden "why is it back when I have been working out consistently and diligently". But I did improve my muscle activation as of lately, I can really tell during workouts, so maybe this is another fat shift.

Cool!

ayj67
      11-01-2014, 01:18 AM

Fat shift is lumpy and like but clumps and fluffy....

Cellulite is more dimply or pitted... Make sure to take a closer look.

Fat shift happens often after a great bootcamp, and give some time and keep up with stepping or HD, it will go away pretty soon. I think I got rid of one fat shift on my torso (I had no cellulite, and definitely not at my waist) within 72 hours as I was doing a lot of HD (at the Let's do HD thread) a few years ago.

Cellulites normally will accumulate when you have not done workout for a while or you have a lot more toxins. It takes a lot longer for cellulites to disappear and it normally will need additional skin brushing to get them go away.

JohannaRegina
      11-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Hi Ayj!

Just checked more closely. First of all I realized that the "cellulitis" (as in "the way it was before") is much more reduced than I thought it was. When I palpated, I definitely felt little clumps, very small though, and soft. Not a lot of dimples or pits at all. I am pretty sure this falls under fat shift after your descriptions and what the article said. Yay

ayj67
      11-01-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by JohannaRegina View Post
      Hi Ayj!

Just checked more closely. First of all I realized that the "cellulitis" (as in "the way it was before") is much more reduced than I thought it was. When I palpated, I definitely felt little clumps, very small though, and soft. Not a lot of dimples or pits at all. I am pretty sure this falls under fat shift after your descriptions and what the article said. Yay
      Yay indeed!

All the funny things that T-Tappers say.... Since you are a less to lose, you probably will not talk about "your pants falling down" yay. Fat shift is never bad, be consistent and continue to pump the lymph, it will go away.

Therefore, in the summer, if you are planning to go to the beach in binkini, do your bootcamp 4-6 weeks before the beach weekend, then there will be no agony... In another words, plan your bootcamps accordingly. Do your bootcamp around Easter for your Memorial Day beach party. Summer, just laid off the bootcamp and then start it up again after Labor Day.

Bootcamp all you want from Labor Day to Easter, LOL, unless you plan to go to the Southern hemisphere for vacation.

Soft fluff vs hard pitted dimples... I have seen dimply cottage cheese butt once on a very very cute girl in her early 20's in the locker room, that image just branded in my brain for the rest of my life. She was skinny, curvy and pretty on the outside with clothes... Blonde hair and blue eyes. Now, I know, she must be eating a lot of junk in her college years.

Comment

I have taken care of many women that were relationship and felt insecure about the cellulite. Some women were over 400 + lb and wanted to get pregnant, several others were achondroplastic dwarfs and others just had stretch marks they wanted to get rid of from pregnancy or weight loss
        I had issues with getting rid of cellulite however I was able to find methods which helped me get rid of cellulite fast safely and easily – all I needed was to be determined to make sure i stuck to the plan - such as stretching techniques - home made remedies that you can buy from your local supermarket store and also smoothing creams — check out my blog for these methods .
        get rid of cellulite,cellulite removal,cellulite treatment,2 WEEK DIET REVIEW

Comment

Working...
        X