No announcement yet.

Improvement in Knee in just 2 weeks!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement in Knee in just 2 weeks!

Originally posted by busymomma12 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Last April, 3 weeks after having a baby, I was getting in my truck and did a "plant and twist" and my knee went *snap*

It took over 4 weeks before I had a proper diagnosis through an MRI of a tear in the cartilage on the end of my femur the size of a dime that went all the way through to the bone! This is a permanent injury. They also said that I had the beginning of osteoarthritis.The knee doctor said that he was hopeful that my knee could find a new normal, but said that it was quite possible that I would have to have surgery (micro fracture - look that up and you'll know why I wanted to avoid that one!).

Fast forward 3 months (after 1 drawing off of fluid and injection of cortizone that helped but wasn't a miracle cure) and 2 months on crutches and I was finally able to go without crutches (I took a week of using them less and less each day).

4 weeks later I started T-Tapp, but at that time I still had weakness in that leg and pain doing stairs.

After just 2 weeks I am pain free 99% of the time (it was slightly painful last night just before bed but is fine this morning!).

I have been using the MORE workout, but the biggest thing was watching the "stairs" portion that tells how to go up and down stairs minimizing stress on the knee. It Worked!!! I can now go up and down stairs without pain!

09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
    Brilliant to hear, Ruth!

09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

That's wonderful, Ruth! Those are the kinds of benefits you just can't "measure"!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

09-12-2012, 12:58 PM

That is great, Ruth!

09-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Ah yes KNEES! I once had a junior high poetry assignment to take a "real" poem and spoof it! You've heard of the poem "Only God Can Make a Tree"? Ha ha ha ha! I should dig it out of my keepsakes!!
    I feel for you Ruth! I had some issues with my knees a few years ago. Thanks to T-Tapp for the rehabilitative process it provides. So happy you are better!

Miss Understood
    09-19-2012, 11:03 AM

I am excited to hear your progress! That's phenominal!

I also have knee pain. Can you tell me the complete treatment procedure?

The MORE workout demonstrates going up and down steps by focusing on knee going toward the little toe. Most of us tend to walk with the weight on our big ball joint and big toes. Shifting the weight out will help track the knee into proper position.

Sometimes if the steps have a short tread it's hard to step straight with the feet with knees out. I live in an old farmhouse with steps like that! I have more trouble going down than up, so I will turn to the side so I can get my full foot on the tread and keep knees out. Harder to do if you have stuff in your arms but I do my best!

In recent workouts Teresa is cuing to shift weight into the heels before pushing knees out or getting off big toe. This will also help when standing or walking in daily activities. Shifting weight back automatically tracks the knee out and then you can more easily get off the big toe without hurting your feet by really pushing to the outside edges.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this!
        ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
        -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!