Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercising Tips For Pregnant Women

Hi Everyone,

I am 3 weeks pregnant & I am looking for some tips for doing exercises during pregnancy. I tried searching online for some tips & stumbled upon Tips For Exercising During Pregnancy by Pampers India. Do let me know if there are any other tips I should follow before I start doing any exercise. I want to make sure that my baby is healthy during my entire nine months.
    Can you exercise during pregnancy? Get safety tips for exercising during pregnancy by the experts at the official website of Pampers India.

Here is a post I put together for a Facebook group I help manage. Others will come along with more advice, but this can get you started. Notice the T-Tapp pregnancy links at the bottom!

Pregnancy Tips and Links

Welcome all pregnant Mamas and congrats! Below are some links to some great articles for you to check out.

But first things first, now that you are pregnant, no Organs in Place on the Floor, or the standing version The Box. This also means no Ladybugs or Crab Claws, since Organs in Place must be done before these moves. When I was pregnant, I still did the Box move, I just didn't push into my abs. Instead, I used mitten hands into my thighs to lift ribs during this part before continuing on to tilts.

T-Tapp More OR Healthy Hormones for Menopause Management are the recommended DVD's for pregnancy and postpartum. However, if you are already T-Tapping, continue on with your current workout, and just make modifications if needed. (Can do fewer reps, add in extra kick outs and water breaks, etc.)

And my personal recommendations while pregnant:
    • Forget about the tape measure for now.
    • Give yourself permission to break the workouts down into parts (do half one day, and the second half the next day with Primary Back Stretch always being done first). If you need to, break it down into 3 or 4 sections!
    • Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and water...you need even more now than you did before.
    This was my first time T-Tapping while pregnant, and probably my only! Feel free to comment with added suggestions, and I'll edit this document accordingly. Some things I found helpful during my pregnancy:
    • Healthy Hormones was my go to workout if I had lower energy levels and didn't feel like doing it. It was "easier" on me, but I still got a great workout. With that said, I did many different workouts throughout the pregnancy, as I like variety.
    • Awesome Legs toward the end of my pregnancy helped keep edema away.
    • Senior Fit Oil Wells were the best variation of Oil Wells for when that belly gets big. The week I broke Senior Fit up into three workouts, and added hoe downs throughout the day, I lost weight! This was towards the end of my pregnancy.
    • T-Tapp Twist in Healthy Hormones, More 1 and Senior Fit are a good variation for that big belly, too. They don't have you dip to the side!
    • Skin brushing and T-Tapp's alfalfa supplements and just staying consistent with my workouts prevented me from getting any new stretch marks--this was huge for me, as I always got new stretch marks during previous pregnancies and growth spurts from when I was younger.
    • I felt great during my pregnancy--even rode 4 days of RAGBRAI (a bike ride across the state of Iowa) in my second trimester! I had a very fast delivery, but that's pretty common for me--although this one was the fastest yet. Baby delivered right onto the bed before the doctor or even the nurses were ready!
    Now, here are your links!If you are still reading, congratulations on your pregnancy, and please share your own T-Tapp pregnancy stories!

Comment

Congratulations niharikaarora912!

Thanks Jessi.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

I did T-Tapp all through my fifth pregnancy. I really wish I'd had T-Tapp for all of them.

I did a LOT of Step Away the Inches and First Steps.
        Lisa. 45 years old.
        Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
        T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Margaret Barry told me on Instagram that, during her 1st trimester, she exclusively did the More 3 Chair workout. I think it'd be GREAT for the 1st trimester!
          Lisa. 45 years old.
          Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
          T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Working...
          X