How to Carry Baby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Carry Baby?

Is there a “best way” to carry baby around to support good posture for the mom? My almost 10month old is 19lbs and I want to carry her in a way that is well postured for my back. Is this addressed in the book or in a certain DVD? I have TappCore on order but I’m not able to buy any other programs at this time. Any help is much appreciated!

Hi, so far I have not seen any discussion in of the DVDs I own/used to own. My youngest is 8 and I stopped baby wearing 6 years ago so my experience might be outdated. I have other baby carriers, but for me the Moby Wrap was the only that felt well-balanced and comfortable so that's the one I used all the time. In Phoenix, it pretty much became my top for several years, I wore a nursing cami or light shirt underneath.
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

I use multiple carriers myself with my baby, all of which are well balanced and comfortable so I’m not as concerned about posture when I’m baby wearing. I’m thinking more about the times when I pick her up and tote her around the house for a few minutes to move from room to room or times when baby wearing isn’t an option because she’s just not having it at that time. Does that make sense?

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense. Ohh, those moments are a blur now for me, as I have a carrier on most of the time. I hope others with recent experience can chime in.

I have a 2 year old and find myself carrying her a lot. And she's over 35 lbs so yeah! I keep my ribs up and try to switch sides. Although my left is is MUCH stronger than my right arm because I've carried so many babies and toddlers in my left arm to leave my right arm free. I'm trying to get my right arm stronger.
      Lisa. 45 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
      Current favorites: 2016 Retreat Review Monday Workout & BBFF. I miss the holiday workouts!
      Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

Working...
      X