Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lost a pant size . . . WHILE PREGNANT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost a pant size . . . WHILE PREGNANT!

Originally posted by soliloquy72 09-23-2015, 02:26 PM

About 11 months previous to this (surprise) pregnancy, I started working part-time while homeschooling 4 kids with a husband with chronic health issues and anemia. It was stressful. My job was very active (in a garden center, lots of walking and lifting) but I wasn't Tapping or doing any other official exercise. I definitely felt icky and was out of shape and larger than I wanted to be. Then I got pregnant. When the morning sickness got really bad I quit my job. I wasn't able even to think of exercising until that went away at 14 weeks (about 10 weeks ago). Around 15 weeks I started doing BWO (minus the hoe downs) about 2 times a week and trying to focus more on what I was eating. It was really hard for me to get through BWO, though, and a pregnant friend mentioned that she really liked SATI while pregnant. I tried that and really loved it. I've been doing SATI almost exclusively 3-5 times per week for the past 9 weeks, adding in a few other moves here and there if I feel like it.

I didn't measure but I have had to go down a size in maternity pants! The capri pants I wore during the hot summer are now too big to wear. I tried on the exact same pair in a smaller size and they fit! All this while eating 3 good meals per day, as much as I wanted, and anything extra that I want, too.

Also, my back pain is gone and the pain from SPD is greatly helped. Because of the SPD I have to hold perfect form when going up and down stairs, getting in and out of bed, in and out of the car, etc. and use T-Tapp techniques as much as possible throughout the day. I'm sure that has helped. But I haven't been a slave to exercise and am feeling great!
    Lisa-- 42, homeschooling mom to 4 great kids and pregnant with baby #5!

BlessedMama
    09-23-2015, 10:03 PM

That is WONDERFUL, Lisa! Just the back pain and SPD pain being helped would be great but to add dropping a pants size while pregnant--wowee!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

just7
    09-24-2015, 06:57 AM

That is wonderful!!! Keep up the great work!
    Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

bit
    09-24-2015, 11:13 PM

Awesome! What a great report!

ayj67
    09-24-2015, 11:23 PM

So, you are 26 weeks? You lost a size? Wow, that is just remarkable! I guess this postpartum, you will just get back to a health size in good record time. Tell us about how the T-Tapp baby fares too. I heard so often that T-Tapp baby can hold the head up much sooner and can walk and run a lot faster.

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

soliloquy72
    09-25-2015, 01:04 PM

I'm 25/26 weeks, not exactly sure but somewhere in that range.

I first tried T-Tapp after the birth of my 4th child. In my previous pregnancies I was out of maternity clothes by 4 weeks post-partum and mostly back to my pre-pregnancy weight at 6 weeks. With my 4th baby I was still in maternity clothes at 6 weeks and was in tears trying to figure out how I was going to fit in exercise with 3 young children and a newborn. That's why I decided to try T-Tapp, I figured I could find 15 minutes.

This will definitely be the first time I'm excited to see what I look like post-partum!

Lisa-- 42, homeschooling mom to 4 great kids and pregnant with baby #5!

Comment

Good for you. But you have to ask why you lost this weight when being pregnant should gain you weight. I recommend asking an expert like a doctor for health problems or you can also try North York doula near me as a natural care adviser.
      Brightpath Health & Wellness. Are you pregnant but seeking support in preparation for labour & delivery? Book consult with certified Doula in North York.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not lose weight while I was pregnant. I lost inches below my waist and had to buy pants in a smaller size as I continued to gain weight. I was seeing my health care provider during my whole pregnancy and had a very healthy pregnancy and birth without any complications and she is now 4 years old and very healthy.
    Working...
    X