A New Revelation About Fibromyalgia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Revelation About Fibromyalgia?

A few years ago we had author Sue Ingebretson as one of our speakers at the Fitness Retreat. She had included chapters in her book FibroWHYalgia on how much T-Tapp had helped her – and I didn’t even know it until after it was published. Sue was just a delightful speaker and I highly recommend her book if you have (or even think you have) fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia has been perplexing to the medical community for years and many people dealing with it have been marginalized with that oh-so-familiar “It’s all in your head”. The Mayo Clinic says this about fibromyalgia:
    “It is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals. Symptoms sometimes begin after a physical trauma, surgery, infection or significant psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms gradually accumulate over time with no single triggering event. Women are much more likely to develop fibromyalgia than are men. Many people who have fibromyalgia also have tension headaches, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety and depression. While there is no cure for fibromyalgia, a variety of medications can help control symptoms. Exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures also may help.”

Geez, that sounds pretty bleak! But as Sue shared with us, T-Tapp was one of the tools she was able to use to regain her health. I know T-Tapp can help but I was so pleased when I discovered a recent article that said,

“The pain of fibromyalgia, which is neither an inflammatory condition nor an autoimmune disease, is actually caused by the buildup of lactic acid in muscle tissue and tendon sheaths. It is the same pain referred to as “muscle burn” by athletes who work out. At this point it has become obvious that in order to eliminate the pain of fibromyalgia, one has to prevent the buildup of lactic acid, which, in turn, is accomplished by treating the underlying cause(s) of this condition.

There is no simple, one-size-fits-all underlying cause of fibromyalgia, but all causes share common factors. For example, the only situation that creates a buildup of lactic acid is persistent muscle tension over a certain amount of time. There are a number of things that can lead to muscle tension, but the one we will focus on is internalization of anger.

Anger can be an extremely powerful emotion. If people do not allow it to be released, it will be internalized and produce a situation creating persistent muscle tension, producing the buildup of lactic acid.”
    Ah-ha! Dots connected!! Now I know why T-Tapp worked so well for Sue and others. Mindful movement along with muscle and fascia activation reduces lactic acid build up along with reducing inflammation and stress! If you are dealing with fibromyalgia, try T-Tapp MORE, Brain-Body Floor or the Healthy Hormones for Menopause Management workouts.
Working...
X