Melt Method - Has anyone tried?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melt Method - Has anyone tried?

"MELT stands for Myofascial Energetic Length Technique and focuses on hydrating your connective tissue and easing pain. It is a self-treatment system that restores the supportiveness of the body’s connective tissue to eliminate chronic pain, improve performance, and decrease the accumulated stress caused by repetitive postures and movements of everyday living".

This is not a exercise program at all, and it looks like is would partner well with T Tapp. The tools used are soft foam roller and small, soft balls. There are several youtube videos demonstrating the techniques.

If you have tried the Melt Method, please share your experience.

Hi Piper, I have tried Melt Method book (from our library) and online videos but ended up with the Soma System, also a hands-off self bodywork ( I do not remember why, maybe Soma was cheaper that time?) . I feel that self bodywork, in general, and T-Tapp are complementary and can help in different ways.

Self-bodywork was my way of addressing pains after I graduated from PT, twice, but before I learned T-Tapp. I loved it at that time. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, squirming (sometimes screaming) in pain so being able to roll and massage away as needed was very convenient.

After about 3-4 months T-Tapping with guidance from Trisch, the deep knots and tight areas on my calves, shoulders, jaws etc that my body has been holding on to for years (and maybe has piled up) started "melting". I relied less on self bodywork. But during long periods that I'm unable to T-Tapp well and in good form, my pains will start to bother me (though not as bad as before) so then I use my rollers and massage balls again.

HTH!
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

Thank you, GreenGem. Your information is so helpful. I also got a library book, and found the concept of hands- off self-bodywork interesting. However, the Melt Method program looks a bit complicated, and the tools are expensive.

Thanks to T Tapp, I no longer suffer with intense pain, and pray I never do again. But, being elderly (I despise that word!) I do have aches and pains, from time to time. I was not familiar with Soma System but, after reading your post, I have been researching the program. It actually looks more appealing, and certainly more affordable. At the moment, I don't have a great need for a self-bodywork program. But, I was thinking in terms of possible future needs.

I don't know if I will venture into self-bodywork, but thanks to your input, I now know there are other programs, that may be better (and cheaper) for my needs. The information you provided has been very helpful, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share.

Last edited by piper1; 02-14-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Incredible timing, GreenGem, I went to a "dollar" store, this afternoon, and bought 6 balls of various size and softness. I tried them out with youtube videos and Ahhh, it felt so good!

Pool noodles, what a great idea! That is next on my list to find. If the stores don't have them in stock yet, I'll check with my neighbors. A couple of them have pools, and I'm sure they have noodles stored away in their garages. Thank you, GreenGem!!

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        That's wonderful! Now you'll see balls everywhere in a different light, lol.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are so right, GreenGem. I found a 3 pack of Kadima balls for 5.00 and grabbed them up. These are my favorite, so far, for hand and feet.
        I wasn't able to find a pool noodle (neighbors didn't have), but was offered an OPTP soft foam roller that was not being used.. What a gift! Oh my goodness, this thing feels wonderful on my shoulders and hips.
        Stores will start selling Pool Noodles closer to Easter, and I will grab one then. Noodles will be perfect to cut and making smaller rollers. I found several sites showing how to convert noodles into rollers, and how to use.
        Thank you soooo much for the tip, GreenGem!.

It sounds similar to Trigger Point therapy. Is it? TP therapy has helped me so much and is a great complement to T-Tapp.
      Lisa. 48 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
      MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, it is like TP Therapy, and feels so good! I wish I had known about this years ago. My husband has bursitis, and the roller is doing wonders for his pain..
    Working...
    X