I love my epilator!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my epilator!!!!

If anyone is my age and remembers that horrid coil EpiLady from the 80s/90s, today's epilators are 1,000 times better. I requested an EpiLady Speed for Christmas after a friend recommended it. It's the best thing ever! I've even used it in my underarms.

No more razors!
    Lisa. 45 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

I bought an epilator, and I am too scared to use it. Lol! Doesn't it hurt???
    Herbwifemama: Tapping since 1-20-16 to heal IR and PCOS

Comment

It hurt the most the first time. I did a small little patch the first day. The second day I inched my way to do one whole calf. The third day I did everything else.

Now it really doesn't hurt much at all. I highly prefer it to getting nicks and razor burn from shaving.
      Lisa. 45 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

Well that's great if epilator worked for you, I'm still afraid to try it.

Comment

Lol, I was pretty scared the first time. I'm still using it and I'll never go back.
          Lisa. 45 years old.

Comment

I've used epilators for years, starting back with the very first model of EpiLady (now *that* was a remarkable torture device). Currently I use a Braun model that I've had for several years on my legs and underarms, mostly just in warm weather months (it gets a wee nippy up here in Michigan during wintertime <grin>). I also have a teensy one by Emjoi that I use on my chin and upper lip. I have heard of women using epilators on their bikini area, but at my size, that would be a risky shot in the dark. Oy!

If you are just starting out with an epilator, SHAVE FIRST, then work at it little by little every day. Starting with lush growth and then trying to do a whole leg on your very first session would be a bit much.
            Also, as I am middle-aged and ample-sized, I always rub down my underarms with powder, dust off the excess, and then try to really stretch out my underam skin to avoid getting pinched.

Legs are definitely the best place to start. The only place that I cannot tolerate an epilator is the center portion of my upper lip (think "Hitler" mustache), the most painful place for any hair removal, in my humble little book. I reserve that area for wax strips.

Peace out, and happy power-plucking!

Comment

Oh, that's very useful to know! I used it in the 90's, but they were really not great- could give this another go. Specially now that I'm keen to show off my cellulite free legs!
              xm

Comment

I've been using the epilator for over 10 years now, and I'm very happy. With it, my legs are always beautiful and smooth. get more info on epilatoradviser.com

Comment

My advice is also to keep skin brushing too. I have epilated for years but ingrown hairs can be a problem so skin brushing helps to keep releasing the hairs.
                  Sally - getting on a bit!
                  T-tapping since 2010. Size UK 20 to 12-14
                  Love the flexibility of lots of WO’s and new tweaks so never get bored.

Comment

Working...
                  X