Flu Shots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu Shots

I haven't been to the forums in a long time because I spend so much time on FaceBook, but today I and came here to look around. In the past there were posts about flu shots and at the time many of us didn't get them. I have never had one but have to admit that this year it's scary. This is the first time I've seen it said that when you get the flu you're more susceptible to stroke or heart attack. Now that I'm a senior citizen that concerns me. And as I was typing this I got a news notification that NY State now allows pharmacists to give flu shots to kids ages 2 - 18. Anyone care to chime in with thoughts or information on flu?

Hi, mav!

I had heard that the flu shot this year was a miss--they try to predict which strain will be the worst and develop the shot for that. But they don't always get it right--understandably!

I had read information somewhere (can't find it and lost my bookmarks) about a doctor who was using vitamin D3 to see if it would help his mentally challenged and schizophrenic patients back during one of the flu epidemics--maybe 1918? Anyway, NOT ONE of the patients on his ward died from the flu and only a handful got the flu. Inadvertently it showed that low levels of D3 can make you more susceptible to the deadly reaction of the flu, flu cytokine storm. From my research, elderberry is another natural herb you can take that can help calm the cytokine storm possibility as well as support the lungs.

I realize we each need to do what we feel best, but I am not yet convinced flu shots are the way to go.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Thanks, Trisch! I up my D3 in the winter and your info supports this practice I had the flu years ago and it was awful but probably strengthened my immunity.
      Will pick up some elderberry as I read that the cytokine storm is a cause of deaths that occur very soon after contracting the flu, but no suggestions to prevent it were given. Thanks again for taking time to share this info.

Comment

Washing your hands frequently (with regular soap, warm water, and scrubbing) reduces your risk of influenza by 50%.

This year's influenza vaccine is reported to be 10% effective.

I'll stick with hand washing, healthy eating, plenty of water, vit d3, vit C, magnesium, alfalfa, and T-Tapp, TYVM!
        Lisa. 45 years old.
        Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
        T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
        Current favorites: Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch & Hit the Floor Tempo.
        Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

Elderberry is excellent!

I take 20,000 IUs of vitamin d3 as I live very far north and am breastfeeding.
          Lisa. 45 years old.
          Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
          T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
          Current favorites: Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch & Hit the Floor Tempo.
          Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

I haven't had a flu shot in 11 years until this year. Our BIL is a 4 or 5 time cancer survivor that also has lupus and a low heart function. He went from 15% to 35% heart function just by continuing to walk on a daily basis. I felt that the least I could do was make sure that my life didn't compromise his, so I did "submit" to a flu shot. That being said, I have not let my guard down. At the first sign of anything that feels like a cold or flu, or if I'm concerned that I have come in contact with anyone with suspicious symptoms, I start on my immunity boosting arsenal. I did forget about the elderberry, so thanks for the reminder. I carry a lunch bag back & forth every day with L-lysine, OoO, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and empty capsules, so I can start taking at the first sign. I felt something coming on earlier this month, and the L-lysine, GFS extract & OoO nipped it in the bud. I was a tad congested and my throat was a bit hoarse, but nothing too bad and kept my normal routine. I take 5,000 IUs of Vit D3 on pretty much a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
            X