Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knuckle massage for cellulite No Lipo Lipo

Originally posted by Blissful 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM

Been doing a trial on myself for the last couple of weeks or so. I got the Carole Maggio "no lipo lipo" dvd that is a knuckle type massage for cellulite.

I don't have alot of cellulite but my skin just seems very saggy and just hasn't firmed up no matter what I do. I've been tapping and brushing for 3 years and exercised all before that too. I don't even really have weight to lose but just have had this saggy flesh really, not just skin, weird I know!

But I can't BELIEVE the difference since I've been doing this, really, cannot believe it! my legs are sooooo much better. I was like a fat, jiggly skinny person especially on my legs!

I have her book on facial exercise and had gotten something from her website when this dvd came out. I didn't order right away and just tried to do my own version of a massage using your knuckles since I researched it a bit on the internet. I was just doing it in the shower

on the dvd she brushes first with a loofa mitt (well, not her but she has someone demonstrating) pretty much the way we do it with T but she does it much more vigorously. Then onto the massage and she uses a vit E oil I think. I just used some body oil I have.

I think that's what made the difference. NOT doing it in the shower but using the oil instead. Somehow it just gives you more friction I guess. AND I realized I wasn't doing as many strokes as she instructs in the dvd. It's alot but it really doesn't take that long

Just wanted to share! I'm sooooo excited that something is helping these legs and tummy too

pamelaw
    04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
    Lucy, that's great! I like Carole Maggio and find her very knowledgeable and her ideas do work well.

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

WendyD
    04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
    Ohhh! Here is the youtube video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BujiE923w"]YouTube- Facercise.com - Carole Maggio on KTLA - No Lipo Lipo[/ame]

It looks like something I need before summer! How often are you doing this? Does it take long?

Wendy

pat-nj
    04-10-2010, 06:42 AM
    Lucy, brushing with oil - I never thought of it and what a great idea! Or so I think. Anyone have any comments on that?

I used to brush in the shower - I didn't realize it caused microscopic tears in the skin. Since I heard you shouldn't brush in the shower, I ordered a new replacement T-Tapp brush. HOWEVER, the bad news is that the new brush hurts too much to do use it dry and when I do use it IT LEAVES LIGHT SCRATCHES ON MY SKIN even gently. So I rarely brush. UGH. Forget it. I use my loofah pad in the shower but <sighing> it's not the same.

I'll go checkout your reference, thanks.

AND GLAD TO HEAR IT IS WORKING FOR YOU!

Pat

Ollie
    04-10-2010, 08:09 AM
    Pat, use your old brush to dry brush with until you toughen up your skin. After a while, you'll probably want to use your new brush. Plus, most people don't brush with a heavy hand - I do. But, really, just butterfly strokes!

Michelle

Blissful
    04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
    Originally posted by pat-nj View Post
    Lucy, brushing with oil - I never thought of it and what a great idea! Or so I think. Anyone have any comments on that?

I used to brush in the shower - I didn't realize it caused microscopic tears in the skin. Since I heard you shouldn't brush in the shower, I ordered a new replacement T-Tapp brush. HOWEVER, the bad news is that the new brush hurts too much to do use it dry and when I do use it IT LEAVES LIGHT SCRATCHES ON MY SKIN even gently. So I rarely brush. UGH. Forget it. I use my loofah pad in the shower but <sighing> it's not the same.

I'll go checkout your reference, thanks.

AND GLAD TO HEAR IT IS WORKING FOR YOU!

Pat
    pat just wanted to clarify, it's not BRUSHING with the oil but doing the massage. I have a feeling the oil would soften the bristles of the brush too much

And I would try it like Ollie said, just super light strokes until your skin gets accustomed to it

Lucy

Blissful
    04-10-2010, 09:40 AM
    Originally posted by WendyD View Post
    It looks like something I need before summer! How often are you doing this? Does it take long?
    Wendy, I'm doing it 2 or 3 times a week, it probably takes about 10 minutes or so

Lucy
    WendyD
    04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
    Lucy,

Thanks, that's not to bad! Actually very doable.

I'm adding the dvd to my list of things to buy....

Wendy

rosetapper23
    04-11-2010, 12:44 AM
    Can't Find the DVD!

Lucy,

I did a search and can't seem to find the "No Lipo, Lipo" DVD anywhere--not even on Carole Maggio's site.

Where did you find it?

Laura (Rosetapper)

Clarity
    04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
    Laura
    here is the link:

http://www.facercise.com/store/videos.shtml

Just received it. I will try it today... but just say that RED is the new color

Johanne

Nikki Dawn
    04-11-2010, 07:53 AM
    Oh, Clarity, do report back. I so would love this if it works!

Ouch for the new red color!

Clarity
    04-11-2010, 08:34 AM
    ahahah Nikki... YES. The girl who's doing it in the DVD has a red bikini and .. well at the end you may think she wears a long red dress ahahahha... I am not sure it's necessary to push that hard. The skin will "pull off" As I have some "circulation problems (veins)" I won't press that hard with the knuckles, I don't want to get side effects!

Bought it because my dear friend Lucy (blissful) was telling me how much she was seeing, well the opposite, how much she was not seeing her legs / tummy / arms the same way then before.

Funny I used to receive this kind of "massage" when I was 18 and I had no cellulite or weight problems. I was saying that the massotherapist was not that good and pushing way to hard ahahah.. Now I buy a DVD to do the same! Everything comes around.

Johanne

pww818
    04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
    So the DVD on it's own is $40, and it's an extra $50 for the mitt, strap and oil?? Yikes! I could easily go for $40....feel myself caving!

Pam

Blissful
    04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
    Originally posted by pww818 View Post
    So the DVD on it's own is $40, and it's an extra $50 for the mitt, strap and oil?? Yikes! I could easily go for $40....feel myself caving!

Pam
    Pam, I just got the dvd. She uses the mitt and strap for the skin brushing part, that is the first part of the dvd. But I'm just doing my regular brushing with my skin BRUSH like Teresa teaches.

as far as the oil, I didn't purchase that either. I already use a body oil as my lotion so I'm just using that. this is what I use, I love this oil and it is working great for this, doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all http://www.vitacost.com/Heritage-Pro...cent-Aura-Glow

If you are already do the skin brushing and using a brush like T sells, I don't think you need that other stuff, that's just my opinion though and she brushes HARD!!!! I wouldn't have any skin left if I brushed like she does on the dvd!

I don't think I mentioned before that I did get some bruising at first, think I was massaging too hard, you just have to find the right pressure to use for your own body

Lucy

Jen82
    04-11-2010, 04:39 PM
    You can find some face exercise videos on youtube.com, even some great old ones from Jack Lalanne.

Comment

pww818
      04-11-2010, 06:44 PM
      Originally posted by Blissful View Post
      Pam, I just got the dvd. She uses the mitt and strap for the skin brushing part, that is the first part of the dvd. But I'm just doing my regular brushing with my skin BRUSH like Teresa teaches.

as far as the oil, I didn't purchase that either. I already use a body oil as my lotion so I'm just using that. this is what I use, I love this oil and it is working great for this, doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all http://www.vitacost.com/Heritage-Pro...cent-Aura-Glow

If you are already do the skin brushing and using a brush like T sells, I don't think you need that other stuff, that's just my opinion though and she brushes HARD!!!! I wouldn't have any skin left if I brushed like she does on the dvd!

I don't think I mentioned before that I did get some bruising at first, think I was massaging too hard, you just have to find the right pressure to use for your own body
      Thanks, Lucy, that is what I was thinking too! I have some almond oil which I thought I would use. I couldn't see how her loofa stuff could be that different than Teresa's brush and I really trust Teresa's brushing pattern. Don't know if Carol's is different.

Next question, are you massaging just particular areas or are you massaging all over the way you would brush?

Pam

Clarity
      04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
      Okay so Nikki? Just did it.

I would suggest that you don't do any ARM exercices that day as you will need all the energy for doing the massage but it feels great (and it gives an arm workout at the same time!)

As I did the brushing before the shower with Teresa's brush, 8 reps, etc. I didn't do Carole's way... so I jumped in the knuckles part. It goes fast (will take max 10 min.). I felt circulation running (blood) in no time. I am sure it does something as the way of pressing the skin, will eventually "breaks" the cellulite or fat cells, it helps the circulation so the lymph too... and it will help to get the toxins out.

I didn't see anything for the butt in the DVD, but the back loofa you use for "brushing the back / butt". I used Teresa's oil (Body) it feels realllllly good. My skin is soft like silk. So if I don't see too much results on my body at least I will have the most soften knuckles in the area

It's another good way to get rid of the toxins with the workouts, water, alfalfa, brushing.

OH and I'll let you know about bruises if ever

Johanne

Nikki Dawn
      04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
      Clarity, you crack me up! Hopefully your new red color is bringing a new beautiful you. I am game for red as long as the cellulite moves on off of here. Um hiney needs work too. I guess we could make up our own fanny massage!

Is this one of those dvd's you watch once and know how to do it so you never watch it again?

terriblack
      04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
      but whos is massaging our fannies LOL

WendyD
      04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
      Nothing for the old bottom??? Gee! Perhaps once the legs move it also helps the bottom. hmm? I wonder if you can ask questions, what kind of response they'd have? hmmm

Wendy

Blissful
      04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
      Originally posted by terriblack View Post
      but whos is massaging our fannies LOL
      ahahahaha!!! funny!

Nothing for the old bottom??? Gee! Perhaps once the legs move it also helps the bottom. hmm? I wonder if you can ask questions, what kind of response they'd have? hmmm
      WEndy Clarity and I were actually talking about that last night and No, she doesn't give anything for the butt. she does say several times when you are doing the backs of the thighs how it will lift your butt??? IDK. My butt is already somewhat better just with ttapp, I may try to figure something out one day LOL

and whoever asked, don't remember if it was you Wendy, that yes, it is one of those dvds that you just can watch a couple of times and then pretty much know what to do

Lucy

Blissful
      04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
      Originally posted by pww818 View Post
      Thanks, Lucy, that is what I was thinking too! I have some almond oil which I thought I would use. I couldn't see how her loofa stuff could be that different than Teresa's brush and I really trust Teresa's brushing pattern. Don't know if Carol's is different.

Next question, are you massaging just particular areas or are you massaging all over the way you would brush?

Pam
      Pam, for the massage you start on the backs of the arms, 30times then move to tummy then down to legs. first calves then thighs, top, sides and back..60 times each! it's a workout just doing that! LOL

Lucy

Nikki Dawn
      04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
      Well this is probably a tacky question so forgive me if I am wrong, anyone want to sell their dvd when they are done? I checked ebay and there weren't any for sale. I figure if it is a one or 2 time dvd someone might like some money back for it.

Maybe if our legs are leaner our fannies might hide in the extra space.

Blissful
      04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
      Originally posted by Nikki Dawn View Post
      Well this is probably a tacky question so forgive me if I am wrong, anyone want to sell their dvd when they are done? I checked ebay and there weren't any for sale. I figure if it is a one or 2 time dvd someone might like some money back for it.

Maybe if our legs are leaner our fannies might hide in the extra space.
      I would but I've already promised to pass mine on to my sisters!

Lucy

rosetapper23
      04-13-2010, 02:32 AM
      Nikki,

I'll let you know--I ordered the DVD and am waiting for it to arrive.

I'd be more than happy to pass it on for, say, half-price if I only need to watch it a few times.

Laura (Rosetapper)

Nikki Dawn
      04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
      Oh, Laura, let me know. I keep trying to make up my own knuckle message in high hope something will move!

Clarity
      04-13-2010, 03:40 PM
      Originally posted by Nikki Dawn View Post
      Clarity, you crack me up! Hopefully your new red color is bringing a new beautiful you. I am game for red as long as the cellulite moves on off of here. Um hiney needs work too. I guess we could make up our own fanny massage!

Is this one of those dvd's you watch once and know how to do it so you never watch it again?
      I would say once or twice and you should be okay if you do it on regular basis. Then you would love to loot at it again in few years, because you would have stopped doing it . But yes, you can be 2, 3 girls buying one and send it to the next person!

Johanne

Clarity
      04-13-2010, 03:42 PM

EEEE.. it's a DVD so even if I have asked questions they would not hear me?
      Don't know for you in USA but here, it's like that.

They probably have a customer service... you can try!
      So we need to move our butt more because this plan doesn't include that part

Johanne

Clarity
      04-13-2010, 04:11 PM
      Tonight.. knuckles part II
      will see who wins. the knuckles or the tired arms! ...

No bruises yet. (so I might not have pressed enough? )

Johanne

WendyD
      04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
      It's killing me not to buy this dvd. lol I'm trying the knuckles thing in the shower daily and I get tired the couple of minutes that takes.

EEEE.. it's a DVD so even if I have asked questions they would not hear me?
      You are toooooo funny!

Wendy

Comment

posts 31-225 missing

Comment

CozyTeapot
          07-26-2011, 09:28 AM
          Originally posted by adrianne View Post
          Rene', I recently purchased an essential oils product for my varicose veins. When I was ordering the product, I was told that the oil is to be applied only around the vein, not directly on it, as putting any kind of pressure on the vein could make it worse. So, vigorous rubbing of the vein is not a good idea. Carole's DVD does not address this at all, which is unfortunate.

Good for you for asking this question. I did the knuckle massage on my legs several times and never even thought to avoid the varicose veins. Oh, well, at least I won't do it anymore!
          Thanks, Adrianne. Well, that's kind of a bummer. I guess I could just avoid the front of that thigh altogether. Have you noticed good results from the knuckle massage?

__(
          __)
          __(
          C\_/ Rene'

Nikki Dawn
          07-26-2011, 05:07 PM
          Okay this might sound too personal but with varicose veins do you have elastic around the legs of the undies? I had this with some pg's and found that it was the elastic cutting off circulation. When I switched to no elastic around the legs it cleared up and felt so much better. I know Hane's makes them and you can get them at Target. I also thought a deficiency in mag or cal was suppose to cause them. Have you sprayed the area with mag. oil? Constipation can also make it worse. I am thinking since the blood is pooling down maybe something very gentle to help it back up like brushing very lightly. I would imagine the abrasion would hurt.

krankedyann
          07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
          The cellulite investigation blog also lists the elastic in undies as contributing to cellulite.

I'm very interested in trying this technique on my stomach. It's loose because I'm short waisted and my last baby was 10 pounds. He had no where to go but out and I was one big, solid, angry stretch mark by his birth. I'm currently doing the skin brushing and using some tamanu oil to help shrink the scars. I think I'll try this as well.

KerryAnn

CozyTeapot
          07-31-2011, 10:34 PM
          Originally posted by Leese View Post
          I am finding that I am very itchy after doing no lipo lipo. I am using sweet almond oil. Has anyone else experienced this?
          I decided to go ahead and just try it on my tummy and I had INTENSE itching for a few minutes after. I used peanut oil. The itching reminding me of the type I'd get after having a hand-held massager like this used on me when I was a kid.

__(
          __)
          __(
          C\_/ Rene'

daisy_s
          08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
          Just a little bump in here and a question How are you ladies going with the massage? Any good results from the people who have joined lately to this thread?
          bought a wooden tool with knobs for the massage and there is really a difference! Mostly in my knuckles It is faster in this way. But I got bruises all over my legs, actually they are all blue from the knee up. I have to wear only pants and very long skirts now. Is there anything I can do to improve that? I want to go to the beach at the beginning of September and not sure if those will go away. I do want to continue with my massage though. I do dry brush daily and drink 6 alfalfas daily.
          Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Gergana

Yoli2k
          09-04-2011, 01:36 PM
          I have been doing this massage and skin brushing for over 3 months, drink 2 cups of green tea, lots of water and take alfalfa. I still look the same. I have tried in the past. The little suction cup thingy, the vacuum massageer, knuckle massage and skin brushing. I even have an oil specially made for cellulite, that is what I am using for the knuckle massage. Oh I also do the Chi machine and ttapp for more than 5 years. Cellulite won't budge. I am 47 and weigh 125 so weight is not an issue. I wish there were a true answer.
          Best of luck to everyone.
          Yoli

Yoli2k
          09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
          Knuckle massage

I have been doing this massage and skin brushing for over 3 months, drink 2 cups of green tea, lots of water and take alfalfa. I still look the same. I have tried in the past. The little suction cup thingy, the vacuum massageer, knuckle massage and skin brushing. I even have an oil specially made for cellulite, that is what I am using for the knuckle massage. Oh I also do the Chi machine and ttapp for more than 5 years. Cellulite won't budge. I am 47 and weigh 125 so weight is not an issue. I wish there were a true answer.
          Yoli

dimpil1
          10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
          Rosetapper23, have you measured your loss from the Knuckle massage? Are you doing T-Tapp also? Are you dry brushing Carole's way?

Originally posted by rosetapper23 View Post
          Okay, I tend to spend a little more time doing the massage ('cause I guess I have extra parts that need attention). My massage time is closer to 15-20 minutes.

BTW, I've been VERY pleased with the results so far. I've done it six times in the past two weeks, and I can't believe the improvement in my skin...and my pants are baggy.

Dez

DigiMom
          10-16-2011, 02:01 PM
          I contacted the Carole Maggio spa last Friday and received a call from Carole herself today! I was hoping for a licensed no-lipo-lipo therapist in the "mid-west" but unfortunately no. She said that she just can't get people to commit to doing the procedure since it is intensive. I am going to order either just the DVD or the kit and try it myself. She did say that having it done is better than doing it yourself, but at least we have it available to us. Also, she said that the "human" knuckle so far is the best way. I asked about the "wooden" knuckles and she said that over the past 30 years that she has perfected the system, that nothing else works. She did say walk 1/2 hour per day to help with weight loss (and I'm sure the lymphatic system also).

I'm going to take along with dry brushing, MORE, no-lipo-lipo, whole foods diet, walking (treadmill), CLA, Chromium, multi, magnesium, green tea, and a few other supplements to help with blood sugars. I'm a size 16 (14 top) and would love to be a size 12 by Christmas. We'll see.

Anyway, I just thought it was really cool to get a direct (caller id) call from the lady herself! Cool!

Karen

pamelaw
          10-16-2011, 02:26 PM
          Originally posted by Yoli2k View Post
          Yoli
          Have you looked into detoxing? Something like using MMS and Zeolite combination to detox the tissues that are the cellulite? This was key for me. I don't do no-lipo lipo, but I've eliminated all cellulite and I know a large part of it is taking MMS (I muscle test how much I need and it's usually only 3 or 5 drops of MMS diluted in citric acid solution and the instructions come with the item) and taking the Zeolite, which doesn't interfere with vitamins or any meds you may be taking.

Just a thought.

pamelaw
          10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
          http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.p...ral+Supplement yeswecan

http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.p...ral+Supplement yeswecan

http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...treatment.html

Lakshmi
          10-16-2011, 03:01 PM
          Pamela, where are you getting your MMS these days?

~Jennifer~

pamelaw
          10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
          I have a supply from BetterMMS.com. They've been good to work with for me. They have this website now: http://betterwpd.com/

Lakshmi
          10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
          Thank you!

~Jennifer~

DigiMom
          10-16-2011, 04:13 PM
          Originally posted by pamelaw View Post
          Something like using MMS and Zeolite combination to detox
          Hi Pamela,
          I was just looking at MMS today. There is just sooo much on it I wouldn't even know where to begin. Where have you found your MMS and Zeolite and have you been happy with the sellers?

Karen
          Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-16-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

You can get the best liposuction in Punjab from Profile Studios. It is considered as the best cosmetic centre.

Comment

Working...
            X