No announcement yet.

God Made / Man Made eating encouragement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so happy to see this thread, as I just started t-tapp back up again and found my GM/MM pamphlet. I've been doing low carb most recently, and feeling awful. I've tried calorie restriction as well as paleo. But I gave it all up as it just hasn't been too helpful.

So what is everyone considering GM foods? Is dark chocolate permitted? oatmeal? Coconut sugar? Can I have dairy on my GM days, with raw honey? It just seems too good to be true, coming from the low carb world where I worried about carbs in carrots and never let a grain pass my lips.

I am trying to do what is recommended in the pamphlet for my days. GM 2 days, then 1 day MM. Until I get to my goal, and then it can be on an EOD schedule.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      You really get to decide for yourself. If someone knows dairy makes them bloated or puffy, then it should be reserved for MM days.

Dark chocolate, I would save it for MM.

Generally, honey and maple syrup in moderation are ok on GM days. You are supposed to watch sweeteners, dried fruit, and juice, though, because they are very dense calories without making you feel full.

I have been focusing on lots of vegetables, moderate fruits, whole grains, and meats. I love Greek yogurt with blueberries. I like popcorn as a snack, too.

On my first MM day I ate too many sweets. I knew it was too many because I wasn't hungry for breakfast when I woke up the next day. My next MM day I had some sweets but less.

In time, the GM days will adjust your tastes.

Teresa was never a big fan of low carb because we need carbs to run our metabolism. Too many carbs aren't healthy, of course, and there are junky carbs and nutritious carbs. Some people feel wonderful on a low carb diet but I'm someone that needs moderate carbs. When I get too low in carbs, I get cold and don't feel like exercising.

As I understand it, there are no hard and fast rules -- it's an axis, not a dichotomy. If it's something you can at least in theory just pick/gather/slaughter, cut up, cook and/or ferment, it's definitely GM. The more that's been done to it before it reaches you, the more MM it is. By my interpretation, dark chocolate isn't GM (unless perhaps you're grinding the cocoa beans and boiling the sugar cane yourself!); oatmeal yes; coconut sugar no; dairy yes (though US milk that isn't labelled "organic" might not actually be milk, and likewise flavored/sweetened yogurt and processed "cheese", so be careful); honey yes.

You can find a lot of food advice from Teresa in the newsletter archive, especially in the oldest posts:
    https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...letter-archive
    Last edited by loosestrife; 03-19-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Soliloquy72 loosestrife thank you for the comprehensive recap of GM and MM. Great reminder! I sometimes have to think twice about some items.

This week was extra challenging, though.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

Well, now I'm going GM/MM Covid19 edition. For lunch and dinner I had homemade soup made with homemade bone broth. It had chicken, vegetables, and beans but it also had rice. I made a huge pot awhile ago and froze half for later. I thawed it and we've been eating it. Prior to this, I would've had something without rice on my GM days but I'm just doing the best I can. And it's wonderful not to feel like I'm cheating because it's all about making good choices for life, not a diet.
        Lisa. 47 years old.
        Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
        T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
        MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

My take on GM is the same to me as clean eating, therefore, nothing in a package, nothing that has been processed to make it. Just think anything in its natural state or natural state that you have cooked. I posted the PDF of the brochure in case you needed it. I am kind of OCD about concepts like this because if I try and make "exceptions" I will start doing that more and more and end up with all MM days. So, with that said, I would try and follow what Teresa has in this brochure. It looks like dairy is fine, but Teresa recommends organic options and less fat but not non-fat. Whole greek yogurt that is sugar free that you can add your own honey, fruit, or nuts too would be GM.

I am a firm believer that when we eat sugar, we want more sugar and when we eat carbs, we want more carbs, especially the healthy versions. I do not have this struggle when I eat Ezekiel bread because it is sprouted and my body assimilates digesting it better. I eat it because I like it but do not crave it like other types of bread.
          Attached Files
          Alisa - 52 y.o.
          T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
          Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

Working...
          X