The Craving Cure by Julia Ross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Craving Cure by Julia Ross

I feel like I've read enough diet/nutrition books to sink a shop, lol. My dear friend just read this book and it helped her so much she sent me a copy. So I started reading it last night and I'll give it a try.

Has anyone else read it?
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Well, I have to say I'm impressed. I skimmed through much of the first part of the book because it went into detail about how it food became less nutritious and more addictive in recent decades. I've read all that many times so I skipped much of it.

Then I got to the part about the five types of cravings from neurotransmitter deficiency and how they can be treated with amino acids . I took the quiz and I am very clearly a "type 3 comfort craver" which means I'm trying to boost my endorphins through food. The amino acid supplement for that is DLPA. I took it and, just like she said would happen, i noticed results immediately. I could look straight at the most delicious chocolate and just not want any.

She said that people that have never dieted will respond sooner. I have done far too much dieting in my life, some very extreme, unfortunately. But starting in 2013 i began the journey of diet recovery. It took awhile but I've been in a really healthy mindset toward food for several years. T-Tapp has been a HUGE part of that.

Anyway, it's still early days. I didn't think I'd be impressed. I thought it would be just another book.

I'm impressed by Julia Ross. I'll update in a few weeks.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds promising Lisa. I'll put that in my summer reading wish list. I'm definitely a comfort craver, too, and it will be interesting to see the type/why and how it can be managed.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to look at this too. I am going to order it from the library right now. I don't know that I am a comfort craver...maybe. I just want muffins, cookies, cake, chips all the time these days.

Going off memory, the types are:

Depressed craver. Low seratonin.
    Crashed craver. Blood sugar fluctuations.
    Comfort craver. Low endorphins.
    Stressed craver. Low GABA.
    Fatigued craver. Low catecholamines.

I scored very high for comfort craver and moderately for stressed craver. The others were low for me.

My husband scored high for depressed craver and stressed craver.

I know of my kids is a crashed craver and a comfort craver.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Lisa. Emotions, cravings and foods are all good interconnected topics to explore. I am still fascinated how simple my grandparents diets way into their 90s, and, its not like their life were simple.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-30-2019, 06:13 PM.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha GreenGem I was thinking the same...all of the above LOL Seriously though, if I had to guess, I would bet I am a stressed craver and fatigued craver. I am going to get the book because if there is a supplement I am lacking that will stop this I am all for it.

I hate that I don't even want to make a healthy smoothie in the morning because I would rather have waffles or a muffin.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      AlisaJDrury that's exactly the kind of thing that has gone away for me. It's VERY weird to see chocolate and not be tempted by it. I feel kind of normal, lol!

Super interesting! I will look into this book and see if I might buy it or get it from the library.

Comment

I'm 6 days in and I'm still impressed.

I'm glad I track my food in My Fitness Pal because i have to work at getting enough calories. I usually plan and cook very healthy meals. My extra calories used to come from chocolate or other sweets. I'm not wanting those any more so i have to make an effort to eat more at meals. If I'm not careful I drop below 1,000 calories a day. It's a bit of an effort to get to 1,800. I am having bananas and hard boiled eggs as snacks. That helps.
      Last edited by Soliloquy72; 03-28-2019, 09:15 PM.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Anna Lee this is the book that helped me with cravings.
        Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lisa, thank you. I think that I am a mix of mostly depressed but also stressed craver. I will see if I buy the book. I am a little cautious about taking those kinds of supplements.

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee the supplements she speaks of are NOT anything that will hurt you. They are supplements that your body needs but is lacking. Natural supplements help our bodies do what it needs to do, but isn't, and in a natural way. They kind of put our bodies back on track.

Soliloquy72 I think I am a little of everything LOL I am going to go look at the quizzes again right now. Ok so it seems like mainly Fatigued craver. Now to go back to the book and see what fixes this on
          Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 05-11-2019, 06:38 PM.

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I know science words can be difficult with the language difference. Amino acids are the building blocks the body uses to make proteins. We get various amino acids from food. Some of us aren't getting the right kinds or in the right combinations. When we take extra amino acids our bodies use them to make many things, including neurotransmitters. There are some people who should use caution, people on certain medications, for example. The author lists the reasons someone should use extra caution.
      Working...
      X