Nemechek Protocol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemechek Protocol

We've recently started this. Anyone else? It's specifically for autism, sensory issues, depression, ADD, traumatic brain injury, memory issues, etc. Even though not everyone in my family has these issues, I'm doing everyone because it's so SIMPLE. And I love that.

If anyone is interested, I can list out the protocol. There is a book but it's not necessary unless you really love to know the why behind everything.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Would you mind sharing a gist? Thanks!
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

I'm always interested in this kind of thing. Please share more!

Comment

I am interested in hearing more since many family members have these issues.
        Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
        Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
        Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

I'm describing the protocol for teens and adults. Dosages are lower for younger kids.

The Do's

1 tablespoon of California or Australian olive oil per day (not European olive oil)
          1-2 teaspoons of inulin from chicory, agave, or Jersalem artichoke per day (also available in gummies)
          1-2 grams of NOW brand DHA per day (or the equivalent of Nordic Naturals)
          Cook all food in California olive oil. Butter and animal fats are fine, too, but olive oil is needed for brain healing.

The Don'ts

No corn, soy, cottonseed, sunflower, safflower, or other seed or vegetable oils. Avocado oil and canola oil are okay.
          No enzymes.
          No probitoics. Single-strain yogurt is okay. If you don't see improvements, eliminate yogurt. No other ferments.

California Olive Ranch is a safe olive oil and at most affordable stores in the USA.

NOW brand inulin powder and DHA capsules are recommended brands.
          You can also use fiber gummies as long as the only source of fiber is inulin and there are no other vitamins, probiotics, enzymes, etc added. Philips is one brand, Fiber Advance is another. Both companies make forumlas with extra supplements, be sure to buy ones that only have inulin plus the gummy ingredients.

Nordic Naturals is the only other approved brand of fish oil. Other brands have problems with fraudulent oils.
          Last edited by Soliloquy72; 10-22-2018, 04:15 AM.
          Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Renenielsen
            Renenielsen commented
            Editing a comment
            What is the dosage to young children 5yo

• Soliloquy72
            Soliloquy72 commented
            Editing a comment
            For young children, they take 1-2 inulin gummies. Philips is one recommended brand, I don't remember the other. I'm buying Fiber Advance.
            For DHA, they take Nordic Naturals Fishies.
            For California olive oil, try to get 1-2 teaspoons a day into their food.
            Avoid all oils high in Omega 6.

So, the underlying reasons in a nutshell--(book goes into more detail):

SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) can be the result of antibiotics, probiotics, processed foods, among other things. The stomach and small intestine should be acidic. The large intestine should be alkaline. The flora and fauna (microorganisms) that should live in the small intestine are VERY different from those that should live in the large intestine. And the overall population of the small intestine should be much smaller than the large.

SIBO, depending on what is actually growing there, causes inflammation, especially in the brain. Certain bacteria in the small intestine will interfere with neural pruning that should happen throughout childhood and a child can be stuck, developmentally, and be diagnosed with a developmental delay or disorder. Some bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine will cause stupor, some will cause ADD, aggression, OCD, etc.

Our background-- we did the GAPS diet for a full year. (Gut and Psychology Syndrome diet.) We followed it to the letter. He addresses why GAPS and SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) can offer some help but not offer as much as is needed. Basically, the lack of starch in these diets will starve off much of the bad bacteria in the small intestine but it won't nourish the necessary bacteria. And the heavy emphasis on probiotics and ferments could make things worse. Our experience on GAPS was an improvement for about 3 weeks and then a downward spiral. But everything I read said to keep going, that healing takes time. The only long-term result was that bed wetting started on GAPS (everyone told me this was detox and a good sign) and major anxiety around food that wasn't there before. Years later, those things are still present.

So, the oils that are forbidden are high in Omega 6 which increases inflammation. It is important to reduce Omega 6 in the diet and aim for a ration of 2:1 or even 3:1 of Omega 3:Omega 6.

DHA crosses the brain barrier.
          Olive oil is healing to the brain.

That's the gist.

We've been doing inulin for about 3 weeks, DHA about 2 weeks, and the daily olive oil for about 1 week. I have already noticed improvements in his skin. His hands were cracked and bleeding, even though it's summer. Major improvement so far. He seems calmer and more positive.

The disorders we have in our family:

One child has sensory processing disorder, mild depression, and insomnia.
          Another is autistic, obsessive compulsive disorder (mild), depression, and anxiety. Also poor muscle tone.
          Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Both of my kids with issues are improving. I'm almost scared to say it. We've tried almost everything under the sun. To finally find something that will help ... I'm scared of being disappointed again.

I want to get the Wahl book, too. I've heard there's great anti-inflammatory recipes in there.
            Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• GreenGem
              GreenGem commented
              Editing a comment
              You are an awesome mom! I have been trying to read recipes a few at a time. I just feel there is plenty of room for customization in our family's diet that I am still learning.

• Soliloquy72
              Soliloquy72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you reading Wahl recipes?

Hi Lisa, I'm loving your sharing your experience with the Nemechek Protocol, I've just purchased the online book (before I read your post!) and I was hoping to not have the read the whole thing just yet but to get a breakdown of what I can do in the next 4-5 weeks before my son's Autism Assessment. Thank you! Can I ask, is there an update? How are you finding staying on it, I too am looking into Dr Terry Wahl's book and maybe changing to a Paleo diet?

Comment

Originally posted by Masungo View Post
              Hi Lisa, I'm loving your sharing your experience with the Nemechek Protocol, I've just purchased the online book (before I read your post!) and I was hoping to not have the read the whole thing just yet but to get a breakdown of what I can do in the next 4-5 weeks before my son's Autism Assessment. Thank you! Can I ask, is there an update? How are you finding staying on it, I too am looking into Dr Terry Wahl's book and maybe changing to a Paleo diet?
              Hi! We are still following it, mostly. The one thing I'm not consistent with is getting 1 full tablespoon of California olive oil into him every day. I use it in baking, cooking, and in making salad dressings but if we miss days, oh well. But I do try to keep the Omega 6 oils out of his body and he does take inulin every day. He's almost 13 and he has his own spending money so he does buy french fries and things like that about once a week.

I haven't seen huge improvements in him. He is almost 13, though. And he is pretty far to one end of the spectrum. He has no language or cognitive delays or impairments. I was really hoping for a reduction in symptoms of depression, anxiety, and OCD. I did see some improvement in anxiety and depression but his OCD actually got worse. I don't think it was the diet, though, I think it's just the way things are progressing for him.

We did the GAPS Diet for a whole year (no grains, no lactose, no sugar, no legumes, with ferments and bone broth every day) and then a year of paleo after that. It didn't help him AT ALL, in fact in increased his anxiety and he started developing anxiety about food. But, I do know people who feel better on a grain free diet. So I'd say it's worth a try but keep your eyes open for signs that it's just not helping because it doesn't help everyone.

I haven't read Wahl's book but I know people who've experienced tremendous healing on it. I might look for it at the library. I'm a little burned out on "miracle eating plans" actually. Between my husband's chronic health issues and my kids, I've been at this for over 12 years. The thing I like about Nemechek is that it is so simple and not overly restrictive. Even though we're not seeing huge gains from it, it's not expensive not a big deal to keep doing it. Otherwise, I would have stopped by now. I do think it is helping him but it's slow.

Anyway, oils high in Omega 6 have been on my radar for years and we've always tried to avoid them. Now we just try harder.
              Last edited by Soliloquy72; Today, 02:07 AM.
              Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Masungo -- one thing that has really helped my son is I do the T-Tapp foot fascia work with him and he loves it. He is getting more interested in learning how to work the fascia all over his body. I hope this makes him more receptive to reflex integration therapy. I have a book on it and I know he needs it but he's been very resistant, to put it mildly. T-Tapp is so great for people who need reflex integration.
                Last edited by Soliloquy72; Today, 03:38 AM.
                Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Working...
                X