No announcement yet.

Bright Line Eating and Woman Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partly I’m trying to say I’d be willing to do ANYTHING within the bounds of healthy if it would lead to results. I’m not afraid of working hard, or doing the workouts, or parts of workouts I’m told to do, or holding back because someone suggests I’m pushing too hard, I’ve tried it all! And every month I measure a half inch up or a half inch down sometimes an inch up and always the next month down. I feel I can stay resolved to eat without flour and sweeteners until I see something budge, since that can only help. GM has a lot in common actually with BLE.

Comment

Kaye, if you are dealing with any adrenal fatigue or thyroid or metabolic issues, doing the longer workouts or more intense ones will only exacerbate the issue. Lack of inch loss in spite of concentrated effort can actually be a sign of overtraining or of something off with the metabolism. I learned that the hard way!

T-Tapp requires mental focus along with body focus. Standing you are working against gravity which makes it harder. I had reached a better place with my adrenals only to have menopause hormones shift and make them not happy again! NOT fun! I also gained some fluff and motivation went in the tank. When you're there it's hard to even think what to eat, manage stress, work out, etc.

And, stressing over what I eat is an ongoing problem. Sometimes I have to just not focus there even though I know it's "good" for me. That's an emotional barrier I need to work through. I understand the not knowing whether to "push through" or "back off" conundrum!!!

I WILL say that 3 moves to half of a short workout like Basic (the newer digital version), HHMM or MORE, done consistently, is better than pushing hard to see results and then crashing and burning OR burning out with motivation.

I'm dealing with menopause and life reversing the losses I do get, which are hard fought for at this point. I refuse to just give up, but I still need to listen to my body and focus on healing my metabolism. It IS a bit harder, being a trainer--I want to represent Teresa well! (btw--she NEVER puts pressure on her trainers to be a certain size or to not gain! Thank goodness or I would have been on probation for the past 2 1/2 years!!!)

Lisa, I love FSFF too! But I absolutely MUST split it up and do only 1-2 sections of the split during a week, interspersing with floorwork. And then I have to be mindful of how many classes/client sessions I have in a week, too.

Not sure I offered any great advice but I can at least commiserate!
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

I do exactly what you say, Trisch, a few moves up to a short wo but not usually a whole short wo.

Comment

Here is my workout record from the challenge, for any who are interested in giving advice or figuring out potential pitfalls. Numbers are the Great Day moves which I’ve labeled. As you can see, I did 4 short workouts/ week with a few moves on off days the first month. At the end of the first month I gained a tiny bit in ribs, abs, and my right arm but lost 2 inches in my pecs and an inch in my right leg and a tiny bit in my right. So I backed off and decided to do about 10 min per day keeping the variety of walking, standing and floor, instead. So I have only done a half dozen short wo's this second month, most days doing PBS and a few moves.

Comment

Originally posted by KayeEss View Post
            Yes, SIBO can be a doozy for your gut health.

I’ve vacillated whether to prefer the workouts that are tiring, because they’re obviously more activation, more where I’m needing, with dislike of feeling exhausted afterwards. I do like when I feel the next that I really got some muscles working in my trouble zones, makes me think I’m going to get results... then I don’t. Alas, combos. Or should I say mystery-problem combos? I’m just desperate to get a waist the same as my rib measurement and an abs measurement less than my hips. Ug.
            So, are you kind of an apple shape right now?

Have you ever done a saliva test for cortisol? They're very easy to get in the USA (You can order them and do them yourself, no doctor required), I don't know about Asia. Or have you looked at the symptoms of high cortisol? I'm asking because if your cortisol is high, it's almost impossible to get rid of middle-body fat. Even on a starvation diet, that would be the last to go.
            Lisa. 45 years old.
            Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
            T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
            Current favorites: Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch & Hit the Floor Tempo. I miss the holiday workouts!
            Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

2014 After a close friend's death where I had to CPR on her I had very low cortisol but I haven’t checked since then. It’s a great idea.

i don’t look as much like an apple as you’d think by the measurements because I’m 5’10” and my H cup makes my waist look smaller by comparison than it is ;-) Plus I stay more or less activated and have good posture, so no one sees my bulgy belly.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry about losing your friend.
                Lisa. 45 years old.
                Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
                T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
                Current favorites: Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch & Hit the Floor Tempo. I miss the holiday workouts!
                Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

Working...
                X