Changing and maintaining food habits during the Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing and maintaining food habits during the Challenge

I am wondering if there are other persons joining the Challenge who are trying to implement new (or old!) healthy food habits. What are yours? Let's share about them!

I have been wanting to start a bad snacks detox for some weeks, but I didn't manage to keep it. So, I am pleased that I did keep it this week. It feels so good to have been able to start before the Challenge. I have gotten into the habit to having healthier snacks, apples like before, an organic chocolate/pecanut biscuit, some grilled unsalted hazelnuts and a tiny portion of dark chocolate. It has all been fine. I am considering to have enough salt fish (mackerel, trout etc) in order not to see my blood pressure decreasing as in October. I have been continuing to have 1/2 portion of kidney beans, flageolet beans etc + 1/2 portion of pasta or rice. I believe that it helps my blood sugar level. My stomach has been less bloated too. I have one or two lemon/grapefruit/orange cocktails a day, always one in the morning. I read about that (not the cocktail, but the fruits in one of your posts, Ayj)! With a T-tapp move (or more) these cocktails give me a boost to start my day. Today for lunch, I had my first sausage (of mutton) in two weeks. I drink lots of water, I have water bottles that I refill everywhere in the house, even in the wardobe close to which I do my morning move(s)! And I have started to have more vegetables and different sorts than before. My goal during the Challenge is to continue these habits.

I got the book Hormone Reset Diet book when I purchased the HHMM DVD last month. I won't do the reset diet, but I found the habits above thanks to this book, so it was useful anyway.

Hi Eliana, I wish you well in figuring out your dietary needs and strategies and habits.

I'm still trying to increase my daily veggies, little by little. Also, trying to figure out if I need to avoid dairy (except yogurt), wheat and coffee long term. Since I had that bout of virus, those three do not taste the same way, and does not seem to agree with my body. I used to love and crave them.

Since I am fine with yogurt, I will try to make and eat more kimchi and learn other fermented products. Make yogurt again and try the non-dairy yogurt. I will check if I can tolerate homemade bread, too, compare sourdough and other kinds. I miss making all of those anyway.

Exciting in a lot way, I love experimenting in the kitchen, wisdom of old cultute and logic of science together!

Meanwhile, keeping in mind "One day at a time... one step at a time ... inch by inch it's a cinch ... no rush ... yes we can"
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• ayj67
      ayj67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Flageolet? What is that? I would have gone to school... I am curious.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ayj, it is a small, light green and kidney-shaped bean (Wiki)...French!

• ayj67
      ayj67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, sound delicious from where Wikipedia explains it.

I am going to continue to avoid obvious sugar and no coffee. I feel best when I do not snack at all, just eat 3 meals per day. It's sometimes called a the Leptin plan but whatever it's called, I feel better with 3 meals. I often forget to eat lunch, though, and then I'm super hungry around 4 pm. So I need to plan better.
    Lisa. 45 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

Oh, almost forgot! My goal is to eat a pound of vegetables a day. At least half raw. I'm doing really well at that. Need to keep the fridge stocked.
      Lisa. 45 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

More 1 Instructional always make me thirsty, even if I am only doing 1/3 at a time. I have been drinking more than 8 x 10oz water a day. So far so good, I am eating more than a few days ago, still sensitive though, I am back to about 3 cups of cooked veggies. Slowly working back to 5 cups.

The big pineapples are on sale here, sometimes just less than $1 so we are eating that daily. I also found my homemade acv from last fall, that I forgot about, so drinking that, too.

Friday update: I'm able to eat a bit of raw lettuces and cucumbers again without upsetting my tummy. Holding off on other kinds for now. I can drink Kona coffee, black and not strong, but not other types, IDK why. I still have to avoid wheat. I was able to stay with GM from Mon to Thu. DH and i ate lunch at In-and-Out earlier, I opted for the no bun version with extra lettuce. Happy weekend!
        Last edited by GreenGem; 04-20-2018, 06:06 PM.
        As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

I've been doing terrible! Well, lol, not terrible to how I was eating 2 years ago. But terrible compared to the rest of 2018. I've been doing pretty well with vegetables, water, and no coffee. But I've been snacking on chocolate almost daily. I just need to stop for 2-3 days and then I won't be tempted anymore. I have to train myself to look away. If I can get through 3 days, it'll be smooth sailing. This happens to me every time I loosen up. Keep on!

I've been working in my vegetable garden. So excited to have it bursting with vegetables in a few months!

And we bought FOUR plum trees and a second cherry tree. I don't know what we were thinking buying FOUR plum trees, lol. Plum trees are extremely prolific. My husband joked that we'll be all set when we're senior citizens. Our own supply of prunes!
          Lisa. 45 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lisa, you are doing really well with the veggies, water and no coffee. What kind of chocolate do you eat? I need my portion of daily dark chocolate. I didn't give up coffee, but I try not to have more than 1-2 café au lait a day, drinking lots and lots of water to dilute it.

• GreenGem
            GreenGem commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm rooting for you! You'll get there ... you've come a long way. To be honest, you keep inspiring me with your veggie progress!

• Angy
            Angy commented
            Editing a comment
            I need to cut out the sweets too. However, I have still kept my daily coffee - but I normally limit myself to one cappuccino that my husband makes for me while I get ready for work. Occasionally I will have one more at work - but not even every day. So excited for your garden. I planted flowers this weekend and herbs and one tomato plant for my apartment balcony garden.

This is my 2nd week doing the bad-snack-detox. It is going quite fine. I am getting used to my chocolate/pecanut biscuits, the hazelnuts and plus apples and lemon/orange/grapefruit cocktails It is good to eat and drinkg. I have at least 1 or 2 treats/meals with "whatever I want" and my Sunday cake, of course. Tomorrow noon, I will have lunch at the Asian buffet restaurant with a friend.

I wake up very hungry at 5 am. So, I often have breakfast then and then have lunch (my daily hot meal) at 12ish. So it is kind of an intermittent fasting.

Comment

Working...
          X