Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIP, Diastasis, Ovarian Cysts

Originally posted by Herbwifemama 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM

Hello all! As you can see I've been a member of the forums for a long time, but I don't visit or post much. I anticipate that changing as I have joined the 2016 60 Day challenge! I have been Ttapping regularly since the middle of January, after finding out my health problems all stem from insulin resistance (IR) and PCOS. I was thinking today that after a month of ttapping my lower abs seem to be getting firmer, but my upper abs haven't done much. And I thought if I focus on my diastasis I might be able to help that. So, I looked up what Ttapp moves are recommended for diastasis, and came up with OIP and the Mitten Chop Box. However, digging around in my pelvis doesn't seem like such a good idea if I have ovarian cysts (which I do). So, I tried to find out if it had ever been addressed, whether you can OIP or Mitten Chop with ovarian cysts, but I couldn't find anything on Google or the forums. Can anyone tell me if it's ok to do these with ovarian cysts, and if not, what can I do to help my upper abs close?

BlessedMama
    02-22-2016, 12:50 PM
    Welcome back!

When you are doing these moves, you aren't "digging in" as much as activating the muscles. Try massaging the left side, then gently pull to center to then tighten and release. Same with left side. For center--press in lightly below the bladder and bring things up and center to tighten and release there.

For Mitten Chop Box, you can control how deeply you press in. Press in and squish to center, then hold while placing fingers low to help bring that portion up while continuing to squish. But it's more about getting the muscles to work together than to get all of our tummy fluff squished together! Just doing that part of the move--not even the side tilts--will help a diastasis recti to close.

I am actually finishing a program that uses T-Tapp moves and techniques (along with modifications) to close the diastasis recti gap and those two moves are key in the program and have been proven successful by a few guinea pigs!

Also focus on curling your core (belly button UP and back to spine) then lifting ribs vs pushing shoulders back as that will inactivate the upper abs. Think of a string pulling your head up tall to the ceiling. Graceful model vs military!

Finally, zip your abs up ALL the way. Don't stop at low riders but go to your ribcage! That will also help.

As always, discontinue the moves if you feel pain or discomfort other than what is normal from lightly pressing in. And DO keep me posted!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

Herbwifemama
    02-22-2016, 02:06 PM
    Well, I tried lightly massaging as you said, but I didn't feel any muscle activation, and I did feel a bit of pain on the left side. I'm going to continue with BWO+ for now, and keep trying. It's really hard trying to coordinate buns tucked, KLT, shoulders back, and now my abs?!? Lol!
    Herbwifemama, homeschooling mama to two girls, ages 10 and 6, wannabe urban homesteader, Tapping since 1-20-16 to heal IR and PCOS

Herbwifemama
    02-22-2016, 02:56 PM
    Aha! I just got it! I have been squeezing my glutes when she says 'tuck butt", but she means curl the core, and I just did it up against the wall and felt the difference. That will make tomorrow's workout feel different, I'm sure!
    Herbwifemama, homeschooling mama to two girls, ages 10 and 6, wannabe urban homesteader, Tapping since 1-20-16 to heal IR and PCOS

BlessedMama
    02-23-2016, 12:25 AM
    Yep! You got it!

I will be talking to Teresa sometime in the next week or so--I'll try to ask her about the cysts and OIP/Mitten Chop Box for you. In the meantime--curl that core and zip those abs up all the way to the ribs!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

ayj67
    02-23-2016, 12:34 AM
    Oh Trisch, please also ask Teresa about uterine tumor... OIP dig or not, thanks... Not me,someone else has that issue.

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

Herbwifemama
    02-23-2016, 09:18 AM
    Oh, thank you! I would be very interested to hear her answer.

Herbwifemama
    03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
    I think the core curling has had an effect. I had shown less "apron"/lower tummy after a few weeks of ttapping, because those are the muscles I was using to "curl my core" however, I couldn't find my upper abs, couldn't feel or move them. Yesterday, I spent an hour in church focusing on my upper abs, trying to hold them together (and listen! lol! ), and since then I've been trying to hold them together whenever I'm sitting, and I think that in those two days, they've gotten noticeably (to me) smaller. Instead of feeling like my upper abs are huge and sticking out, and my lower abs are shrinking, I feel like they're working together and both are shrinking now. I can't be sure yet, but that's what it feels like is happening.

bit
    03-01-2016, 05:47 PM
    Yea! Glad to hear that you're feeling like something is happening.

I spent today walking around with abs sucked in and up the best I could. We'll see if it makes any difference.

BlessedMama
    03-01-2016, 09:43 PM
    That's great, Herbwifemama! Upper abs are tough--it's so easy to lose core strength and focus there. Good for you!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

LilDeb
    03-01-2016, 11:57 PM
    TIP for helping to not only getting the UPPER ABS to tighten but to keep it tight..... This has helped me and others that I train and has come to be a big "aha" moment when you get it. After you curl the core by pulling in your abs as in belly button in towards spine and up and hold that tight, then lift your ribs up which will get the shoulders in alignment (don't lean back) but think breast bone to ceiling and tighten your lats.....READY.....HERE IT IS.... visualize and pretend you have a latch right under your rib cage and you are going to latch it together. This will help you tighten the upper abs and you will also feel the lower abs tighten even morel. It even helps you to breathe better!! So now you have lats in the back tightened and the lower, mid and upper abs in the front all engaged and helping you to keep your ribs up.
    Last edited by LilDeb; 03-02-2016, 08:28 AM.
    Deborah Etter
    Master T-Tapp Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X