No announcement yet.

6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 23 - Mar 29 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had some drizzle but we try to head outdoors as much as we can. The kids are doing great doing bits of homework (leftover from school days) and building stuff inside when it is a bit too chilly out. We now have our own work piles at home, lol, on other days I will call them a big mess. Right now they just means we're busy and productive, all positive.

AlisaJDrury, thanks for sharing about your mom and Sadie. So cute.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you're being productive so the messes are good!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad that things are going well in your family. Talking about piles: I have two ways of handling stress right now, leaving the cleaning and leaving my own pile of laundry. Yesterday, I just sat down calmly on the bed and I thought. I'll do this while I am breathing, being mindful. I folded my clothes the Konmari way and it was a really relaxing time. I do try to live more and more like that, being present as much as possible. This time helps me even more, I think.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of piles LOL my piles are due to laziness. I just have no clue what to do with them but I need to figure it out. I ordered containers for my crafting stuff thinking that would at least contain it and make it look neater but I have yet to get things put away and organized. I had so many plans to work on projects once school was done but working overnight had taken a toll and given me a lack of energy. I do need to try harder though to get the mess organized. The rest of the house looks good, it is just my room that is a disaster LOL

I missed Monday, but got a client session in yesterday and a lovely walk today. I still want to do my own workouts and not just count client sessions, but it's better than not moving at all!

I read an article someone linked to about grief--how we are all grieving right now and it's okay to name it and work through it. Grieving the "normal" way of life, connecting with people in person, shopping being more challenging and not being able to work the normal way, or at all for some people. My daughter's fiance's factory just shut down for 3 weeks and our governor mandated a stay-at-home order for a few weeks. I realized that's why I didn't get much done last week--partly due to just the changes, even though they didn't affect my work or the kids' school.

But now I feel like it's time to move forward in the new normal. Even though I already work from home and homeschool, I do have more people around me, and I want to be intentional about relationships while they're here. My daughter and her fiance got their marriage license since the courthouse was still open. It's good for 60 days so whether they get married in their original venue or in our sunroom, they'll have the license already!

The frogs were extremely LOUD during my walk back to the woods! I should try to upload the video I took! The birds and frogs reminded me that spring always comes--even though we are in a pandemic situation with staying home orders, it WILL pass and life WILL blossom again! Hope is a precious and powerful thing!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am happy for your daughter and her fiancé that they have got their marriage license. Very nice description of the nature. I am listening to the birds in our garden every day, seeing the lovely white flowers of the cherry tree blossoming and soon the petals are going to fall down, one by one and then in dozens. I call it the spring bride veil. Trisch, so true that Hope is a precious and powerful thing.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      This is GREAT!! I know my Mom is really feeling the stress and grieving over not being able to go to work physically. She is 73 so I think some of it is that she is able to still work and this makes her proud so being told to stay home is like a punishment for her. She is doing some work but not much and it is driving her crazy to not talk to all of her clients or see her coworkers.

You are right about moving to a new normal. Are your stores closed because of the Stay-at-home? Our governor has not mandated this yet and even if he did these crazy people of Baltimore will not listen. I cannot believe the people that are taking their children out into public to stores to go shopping. Until he puts something in place like that the numbers are going to keep climbing. We now have over 400 affected in the state.

I am SO HAPPY that your daughter got her marriage license. At least there is that in the midst of the craziness. I would love to see the birds and hear the bullfrogs. My Mom absolutely LOVED seeing Anna Lee's video from the other day and Trisch your video from your walk last week. I shared it to my page and she went and listened to the whole thing. She just loves that!!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping and praying that your daughter gets a memorable and meaningful wedding ceremony whatever that may be during these trying times.

Thank you for your efforts in keeping T-Tapp relevant by sharing videos/resources and creating new workout packages.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-26-2020, 02:00 PM.

Yesterday, I had a nice day, doing my ordinary sequences of moves in the morning and then one of the sequences in the late afternoon. I felt how it wakened me up. I guess I could have done a HD, but I sometimes feel that they are too HIIT for me. I spent lots of time outside and I even managed to help my MIL to finally get Skype set up so we can contact that way now. I hope to be able to do that with some family members in Sweden too. I am making art with lots of joy and pleasure, learning some new technique too, but lots of freedom. I was sitting outside when I talked to my MIL and my hands got so cold. I haven't caught any cold, yet, and honestly, I do not want it either.

I haven't really decided what I am going to do today, it is going to be sunny. But now in the morning it is about 33°F and it will only be about 40°F. I would have liked walking, but I am very sensitive to breathing cold air, so I may choose More 1 or something else instead, possibly a stepping workout. I'll see.

EDIT: I think that I have said that I am a slow inch loser...I normally just measure my waist because it shows me so much about my general health. About 10 days ago, I was really bloated and I had been snacking too many popcorn, Pringles during one week. I am down about 1 inch very quickly as soon as I decrease the salt intake by bad snacks. As we are week 1, I thought it suitable to do some measurements. Since January I have lost about 3/4 inch in my abs, hips and under the bust. I am now at the minimal possible under bust. I was the same in 2018 when I weighed about 6.6-8.8 pounds less than now. What is quite interesting is that I can see how my mid-thighs are getting slimmer, they are getting another shape. But there is no change at all on the other parts, inferior and superior parts of my thighs, but maybe in 1 year or 2 as my massage therapist said. I am patient.

EDIT #2 Finally I was so inspired to go out, it is sunny and I had enough clothes. I concentrated on the same techniques as on Tuesday. I can really feel that I was working my different muscle groups in my body. I did the PBS from More 1 before walking, some ordinary leg stretches and the 5 min ELS from Debulk afterwards. A great combination, really!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-26-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so excited your got your MIL on Skype!! That will help a lot and help her to be interactive with you guys. I feel the same about walking in the cold. It hurts my throat and lungs and makes me need to cough so I definitely do not walk outside when it is windy or unless it is 55/60 degrees.

I am a slow loser these days also and haven't measure for a while but I need to because my pants feel more lose in the thighs than before so I am curious. I keep saying I am going to measure but forget so maybe I will do that when I get home this morning before I go to sleep. If I remember, I will post if it is encouraging

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I hoped that my MIL would agree to do some seated T-tapp moves with me as she cannot move or walk much these weeks. She told me that she does not want to which is hard for me to understand. Yet, I must stop worrying that things will become as before she was hospitalized.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      It is very encouraging that you are seeing your mid thighs reshape and slim down.

I need to catch up on posts.

Here are two videos from my walk yesterday. I have more but I haven't uploaded them yet.

https://youtu.be/-yTekhWlglM

https://youtu.be/Fcpc2rWelvI
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for posting these videos, Lisa! Lovely countryside in the woods and mountains. I saw many birches at some places, but are there pine trees too?

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      loosestrife no, I grew up in Wisconsin, in a metro area. We moved here in 2012 and it was a huge adjustment!

Anna Lee yes, we have a lot of birch, Aspen, tamarack (western larch), ponderosa pine, white pine, and cedar. There are other pines but I don't know all their names yet.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you are feeling much better. Have a great weekend!

Ok so apparently I either did not post yesterday or I did and forgot to hit Post Reply because I do not see it. This makes me sad because I wrote a whole paragraph about crazy Sadie and my Mom again and now cannot remember what that was LOL

Anyhow, for my workout Wednesday I did Chair Champions Spinal Stretch & Fascia Stretch (6:53) it is one video with both and just a really nice stretch session. I add a few extra more intentional wiggle wiggles also. There is a video for that and I intend to find it. I have been logging my workouts in my calendar so that when I find one that I really like I can make a note of it. I also did Chair Cruisers Side Tilt Stretch, Chorus line kick stretch, Arch & Scoop stretch, and Forearm wrist stretch. This was a really nice combination of stretches. I have never done the side tilt stretch or the forearm wrist stretch but really enjoyed them both (hoping they help my hand and shoulder issues). I am finding that in the chair I have to be really conscious and intentional about activation because you are sitting you have to create some of it yourself. I am not saying this as a bad thing, but a good thing because this makes me really make sure that I am present during my workouts, that I take the moves slowly and listen to Trisch for her constant cues to reach through your core, which really works.

Today (Thursday) I did all Chair Champions in this order: I started with the Spinal stretch & Fascia stretch (6:53) (I just really like this one). I also did Lat & Trap Warmup, Twist Stretch & Amy's Arms. All together it was about 20 min. This was a really nice set also. I had forgotten how much I liked the lat & trap warmup and Amy's Arms in the chair definitely yields a better result for me or maybe it was Trisch's cueing that made me reach through my core.

I am feeling really good about my workouts this week and feel better about myself for putting in the effort every day. The only thing is I keep forgetting about refreshing my brain on Amazing Activation tips, doing my Defeating Diastasis moves and Trisch's AL videos. So they will go in the calendar for next week every day so that I do not forget. Now to see what I want to do Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday will be some more Chair Cruisers or Chair Champions or a combination of the two and I am thinking Saturday will be More 1 PBS and SATI and Sunday will be Broom 1 or Broom Walking digital.

Just a side note: I do not count my DD fab 4 in my workout even if I list it. AL I would count as a move because if I do it right, it is really intense and yields good abdominal awareness for me.

Update: I did Mitten Chop Box (as best from memory), curl core and zip standing behind the admitting desk LOL kind of quickly I felt bad about not fitting my DD Fab4 moves in today. I need to rewatch the videos for the standing options for these moves so I know I am doing them correctly.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 03-27-2020, 12:40 AM.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.
    T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
    Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, this is great, Alisa! You have found a plan that suits you, I am so happy for you! I really like doing some daily seated moves. You can really get good muscle activation. That sequence of Chair Champions stretches sound so nice. Feeling good about your moving will inspire you to continue, for sure! Please, tell us more about how it is going.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay, it sounds like you are finding a good rhythm! It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?I wish you a wonderful weekend.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great week! You are doing fantastic!

I am noticing that I am relaxed in my whole body, no neck tensions, no stiffness in my lower back, stronger core with awareness of how to bend my knees, how to do leverage symmetric "something" when I hold the kettle, when I bend over a table. I am finding my rhythm doing some moves in the morning and then in the late afternoon. I will see if I have a 30 min walk EOD. The weather is continuing to be sunny and cold so I want to grab every opportunity. I am using the techniques and feeling more muscle activation which is inspiring me to continue. (I think I am repeating myself, Alisa?)

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too! ::BIG SMILE:: *\o/* i'm glad to hear no neck tensions and back stiffness.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee I didn't get my walk in on Friday but I did clean my room. I can see the floor again and can now do floor work in my room again.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      How wonderful to feel so relaxed! So glad you have sunny weather. Enjoy it, we are having cold rain.

The more I use or at least read the Warm-Up WO #1 the more I come to appreciate it. Being able to follow along floor workouts means a lot to me, considering how much I struggled last year. The Beautiful Basic's BBFF class is helping understand and connect with WUWO #1 floor, which in turn is helping me prepare for the BBFF moves. The standing version has plenty of foot moves, great reminder to keep up with F&F moves. Progress keeps happening bit by bit.

We are low 60s today but very sunny, we will try to hike or bike at one of the nearby trails. Feeling blessed and ready for the weekend.
    Last edited by GreenGem; 03-27-2020, 02:43 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad that you are feeling blessed. How nice to read about your progress.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

On Thursday evening, I recorded a short-personnalized-very-much-amateur-video with the T-tapp stance and then my morning moves (not Arm Pumps and Somatic Forward Bend) to my neighbour friend. It must have been the very first T-tapp video recorded in French ever !! She had tried it yesterday morning and even last night with her daughter. My friend is going to continue doing these moves, so fun!

After the PBS from More 1, I went out for a T-tapp walk this morning. This time, I also felt my glutes working better. Otherwise, I continued to concentrate on the techniques from my other walks this week. i did the instructional Target Pop for extended linear stretching, 7.30 min. In the video, Teresa says that it is good to eliminate inner knee pudge so this can only be beneficial for me. I'll have a lighter day tomorrow.

How are you all, this weekend?
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-28-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work! I love that you recorded some moves for your neighbour friend. So much fun and inspiration.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so exciting!!!!

I didn't do any workout yesterday (Friday) I was quite tired and decided I needed to do some much needed cleaning then by the time I got to my fiances's house I was absolutely exhausted from working Thursday night into Friday then staying up to clean. Also, I had decided to join Renee's Saturday morning classes so it was ok that I skipped a workout Friday.

So, this morning I joined in with Renee and some other ladies through Zoom for a T-Tapp class and then a Gentle Somatic Yoga class. Wow did I sweat like crazy during the T-Tapp class. She does the moves a bit differently but it was nice to experience a variation. Right after she did the GSY class so I thought with it being noninvasive it would be fine. This was really nice. She did a lot of the moves from videos she has up on Youtube so I was familiar with them. I always like hearing her talk about the body, movement and how it all works in opposition for better movement ability.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 03-28-2020, 07:47 PM.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.
    T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
    Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad that you could do the Zoom for Renee's two classes.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds wonderful!

I've walked 13 miles in the last 6 days. We've had some wonderful time in nature.

Saturday I did BBFF #1. Today I felt like spending time with an old favorite so I did SATI.

Tomorrow we're supposed to have more rain.
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is nice! It is sunny, but very windy and cold today. It feels like 21-26°F and I am not going to have a walk today.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-30-2020, 04:30 AM.
Working...
X