6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 23 - Mar 29 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 23 - Mar 29 - Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!

A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

So good to see you, Donna!
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

Donna, thank you so much for posting.

6 new weeks, how nice! I really hope that we will be continuing to post here, even if it is just a few sentences. Some of us cannot see many people so it is nice to say hello and check in.

Toning up and maintaining are still my main goals. My vision for all my T-tapping is Less is More, so I will be concentrating on my wakey & morning moves. I am planning to do 2 workouts a week. In the afternoon, I would like to do some lymphatic pumping: 10-15 min stepping or biking or a short 10 min T-tapp sequence. I have written down some particular moves:

1) PBS: video or from memory, varying the versions
      2) No jump jumping jacks: possible versions: T-tapp Tuesday, SF Pliés #1-2, Chair Cruisers or Chair Champions
      3) Torso move: possible versions Love handles with Renee, Torso Strengthening or Twist stretch from T-tapp Tuesday
      4) BF
      5) Arm Pumps
      6) Kickouts

My food habits are going really fine. There is one area where I would like to see a change: decreasing or eliminatgin my intake of Pringles (I have one tube every week) to lose more in my waist. I try to privilege popcorn, though... Well, this is an on-going process. I like having mussels in garlic, two boiled eggs with salt, some ham or other salty food for supper. I have written it a couple of times: I would need to have some Himalayan salt when I feel like having Pringles.

Personally, I would like to explore in my drawing and painting. We'll see how...

How are you and what are you longing to experience during the weeks to come?

Comment

Donna, thank you posting this for us AS ALWAYS!!

I filled in my calendar for this past 6 weeks and was disappointed to see in print how much I was not as consistent as I had planned to be. Therefore, my plan for this next 6 weeks is better consistency. Nothing heavy just 10 - 15 min a day of Trisch's workouts (Chair Cruisers and MORE 3 in 10) with one extra arm move and incorporating some of Renee's Combo stretch classes a few days a week. My plan is to try and see if "Less is More" works better for my body in the way of shedding some fluff and toning up. I was talking to Trisch about how I am super consitent for a few days to a week then feel really exhausted, and due to the fact that I am ALWAYS tired, she wondered if I may have an issue with some mild adrenal fatigue so I want to see if 10 min daily works better at keeping the fatigue down ?? If I start to feel better I may throw in a full MORE 1 or SATI here and there but we will see.

I realize that diet is 80% of the battle toward losing weight so I would like to continue working on my diet. Working overnight has added extra stress because of sleeping differently and not sleeping enough (approximately 6 hours) so my eating is off because of this. I am still intermittent fasting and since I am awake all night now, my eating window is over night where I tend to graze every couple of hours (I cannot eat a big meal during the night). But for whatever reason, when I get home in the morning I am eating A lot before I go to sleep, which is not cool so I need to see if I can tweak my eating habits this week to make this better. I know that if I could just get back to complete clean eating this would help with hormone balance also.

Because of the Coronavirus, my job has become A LOT more easy because we are not dealing with visitors being anxious waiting for deliveries so there is that. When the rules come from the state, they really cannot argue and haven't been so that part is nice.

Lets see if I can take this next 6 weeks one week at a time and work on improving my present condition.
      Alisa - 52 y.o.
      T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
      Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Great plan as well. It is good to hear you are exploring what you can do in your current situation. Yes you will find your sweet spot! You have the tools you need to find success, step by step, start with small ones. Yes you can!

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Consistency is a great goal!

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        For whatever reason, I think I forgot to post on Monday. I remember writing it, but don't see it anyhow...

Monday (2/23) I did SATI before work. I started my monthly on Sunday so Monday was a doozy with a lot of cramping so I thought pumping the lymph would help and it did. I don't really remember anything else from Monday LOL But wanted to make a note about my workout. I do remember that I had a lot more energy during my shift Monday into Tuesday so I think this workout helped.

Like many of you, I have toned down online and social media use. I am on my phone a lot lately due to family
      communications, which is the primary reason I have a phone anyway.

This week, I will continue studying Beautiful Basics for FS1 and BBFF -- focusing only on one move a day. FS Barre is my morning routine. I will try 10 -15 min from Warm Up WO #1 in the evening. I will review Activation Tips as well. All these sounds like a lot, but my total wo will be under 40 min most days, split into little bits throughout the day. This strategy helps me a lot physically and mentally.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-22-2020, 05:33 PM.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenGem, it is great that you have found your own rhythm. 40 min sounds a lot, but I am sure that you know what you are doing.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, fortunately, it is not 40 minutes of full activation, lol, no I would not survive that.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great plan!

As we head into this next week I have decided I really need to make my health a priority! I have let so many other things derail me, of course the last thing was being sick a few weeks ago. But I'm determined to get at least something in every day, taking Sundays off. It's definitely good for mental health as well!

My daughter who is getting married in May was talking with us tonight how she and her fiance are talking about a plan B. They're going to wait and see what happens after these mandatory two weeks. If it's continued social distancing recommendations, they may just get married in our sunroom with only their families attending and have a bigger reception later in the year. I feel so badly for them! :-(

I plan to get back on the boys' school this week and continue working on a blog post and hopefully making time to do more class recording this week. I also would like to do more on my YouTube channel and maybe even in my Facebook group and here to keep us all moving! Trying to plan out my week right now--it's kind of funny because I'm not going anywhere, but I sure am busy! LOL!

I love how this is a safe place. We can discuss a little bit of what's going on out there but we don't get consumed by it. I've been doing a lot of scrolling on FB! I do like the funny memes though, they keep me laughing and keep me from getting too serious about everything. Don't get me wrong, I know this virus is serious and it is killing people. But freaking out about it isn't going to save anybody's life! I thought about how we get so caught up in the if onlys of yesterday and the what-ifs of tomorrow that we can't even enjoy the day in front of us. I pray that people are making time to really connect with their families at home and not just binging on Netflix or watching all the news and freaking out.

Next month it will be 13 years since I found the forums! I know I have not been as active on here these past several weeks trying to find my equilibrium with everything going on in my life, but they always always will hold a special place in my heart! <3
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Continue to find your rhythm in all that you are doing, Trisch. No pressure about Youtube or FB...

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        <3 *\o/* rooting for you

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        13 year forum anniversary!

So, today, I started my new schedule: oldies in wakey & morning moves and after a 2 1/2 hours nap (I didn't think that I was so tired...) I did my new sequence: I chose the PBS from More 1, SF Level #1-2 that I enjoy a lot, then Renee's video Love handles, great torso stretching, Twist stretch from T-tapp Tuesday, activated BF and finishing with Arm pumps and kickout. It felt really great! I kept the door open to get some fresh air. With the sunny weather it is a little milder this afternoon, about 57°F.

How are you today? Which moves are you doing?

Comment

Yesterday was sunny. Today is cloudy. My son has a really rough sounding cough that started yesterday. I have a mild cough but also mild pain in my lungs. I don't feel sick or tired, thankfully, so unless my symptoms change, I'm assuming this is just a mild nuisance. . So this means I'm not going into any stores for at least a week. I'm taking extra vit c and d. I'm very thankful we have enough food and plenty of space. I can go for long walks without seeing another person.

My goals for the next week 6 weeks are lights off by midnight, good time management, daily walks, GM/MM eating, and 3-5 workouts per week.
        Lisa. 47 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad that you all have enough food during this time at home!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          I am sorry you and your son are not feeling well. Influenza B is going around and I heard two different people say there is a lot of body pain with it so keep an eye on your symptoms (which I know you will anyhow). Feel better soon. Glad you can walk without coming in contact with anyone. I do not like walking in the cold so maybe I can do the elliptical some today. We will see.

You have a GREAT plan in place for the next 6 weeks!!

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          GREAT goals, Lisa! Prayers for you and your son to get over this quickly.

April 1st will be the 10 year anniversary of the beginning of my T-Tapp journey!
        Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazing 10 Years!!!!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! That is so AWESOME!!

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Tappiversary!

I did the digital Hit the Floor Tempo tonight. That's a favorite of mine. I took a very nice walk this afternoon. Now my head is starting to hurt, in addition to my right lung. I still don't feel sick. But I'm going to bed now with a good relaxing book.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy. If it is, I won't take a walk, not with these symptoms. If it's not raining I'll go outside.
        Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful and get the rest that you need.

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Praying, hoping and wishing you a full recovery. Stay strong!

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my favorite of the HTF series! Teresa once told me it was good for helping with prolapse, so I try to rotate it in more often. (I have a slight uterine prolapse) I can tell a difference, even if it's a small reversal--I'll take it!

I had a nice morning walk today. I posted two videos and some photos in a T-tapp group. If you are interested, I can send you them by email. Please, PM me your email address.

Before getting out, I did the PBS from More 1. I walked for about 25 min, "only" 1.55 mile, but enough for me who normally don't like walking. It is just strange how this confinement inspired me to get out walking. I used T-tapp techniques from one of Renee McLaughlin's Youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxN...Znsn4z2PXjqi-I

Here are the four specific techniques that I was concentrating on this morning.

1) For quite a long time, I walked with a shorter distance between my feet. But the last couple of times when I did T-tapp walking outside, I thought about Renee McLaughlin's advice in the video that I posted yesterday: feet with hip width.

2) Then I bent my elbows like she does in this video and I really felt my triceps working nicely. Before I walked almost like a soldier. I held my fingers like a doughnut.

3) Tailbone down and then you will naturally curl the core, it worked so well and I felt my stomach muscles working. The ribs also go up when we do the "tailbone down."

4) I think I have thought about that before, but I really watched out to have my chin in level with the ground so to say. That made me feel my lats very well.

I did a series of stretches afterwards at home.

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Great a-ha moments, thank you for sharing! I <3 Renee's Walking video but have not seen it in a while, its great you're highlighting these videos.
          Last edited by GreenGem; 03-25-2020, 05:35 PM.

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Your videos from your walk were absolutely fabulous. She even snuck in a picture of the bakery!! Love love!!

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          I loved your videos, Anna Lee!

Its been more than a week, or two, since my last panic attack. T-Tapp has been a great tool for me in fighting this. I can still feel slightly restless or nervous (who isn't during these crisis?) but nothing that can affect my day to day. As long as I do at least one mindful movement, I feel okay.

I did half of Warm-up Workou #1t floor, about an hour before sleep. It felt really nice and calming, I fell asleep quickly and deeply. I'll try to finish the 2nd half tonight. I have #2 and #3, I will try them in the following weeks.

RE: AL Challenge - after 10 days (with weekends off) I lost a little over 1/4 inch off each knee (circ. at knee cap). I am taking a 1 week break, re-measure. Then start another 10 challenge using the March Challenge videos.
        Last edited by GreenGem; 03-26-2020, 11:50 AM.
        As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          You have reminded me that I wanted to get back to AL again so I will incorporate that Wednesday. I am going to do it with Trisch's March Challenge videos. she is breaking it down really nicely.

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          Great inch loss, GreenGem! That's a tough area to lose! And I agree--movement is SO KEY for mental health, especially during a time like this.

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ladies, I am wondering if the loss is mainly due to getting rid of inflammation and not really fat loss? Either way is a win in my book. I had similar results with Chair Champion when I was intently focused on the seated klt.

Toady I did Arch/Scoop sitting 3x/wiggle wiggle/core stretch w/ mitten hands on thighs when I got up. Then I did Chair Cruisers - Side Tilt Stretch, Chorus Line Kick Stretch, Wrist and Forearm Stretch but I FFWD through the talking so it was probably only 10 min. I had forgotten that I wanted to also do Amy's Arms so after my shower I did this from memory in front of the mirror. I don't think I did it very well though because I really could not feel it. When I do them with Trisch's chair video or Renee's video on arms I cannot get through even the first part. I am going to do this again tomorrow but to one of the videos. Because of adding the tweak of slightly lifting your chest with each movement it becomes a bit awkward for me.

What else? I slept a lot today, the most I have since moving to working nights. My mom has been ordered to stay home by her company, but thank goodness they are paying her. She is doing some work, but not much so she played with the cat a lot and took a few walks. I had to buy a white noise machine in case she ended up being home because although she is a tiny woman, she is not quiet AT ALL!! I turned on the noise machine and could not hear her at all. Apparently Sadie (the cat) kept trying to wake me up which is why she had to play with her to try and keep her quiet. Super funny!!
        Alisa - 52 y.o.
        T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
        Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Alisa, how did you feel about doing these moves in the morning? I also like the wrist & forearm stretch. Isn't the Arch & scoop sitting lovely? I do a simple version of it as I wake up, I would need some more space in order to do it as on the Chair Cruisers video. I would need to do the video from Chair Cruisers to refresh my memory. Amy's Arms from Renee's video is very tough to do. I could not either do it properly from memory, I have never memorized it or done it enough times, in fact.

You must be really tired. Please, do get the rest that you need.

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh that's funny about your mom and the cat! LOL!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee the Arch & Scoop in Chair Cruisers (which I did Wednesday) is the one where you pull one knee up and arch & scoop while holding your knee. Speaking of which, BlessedMama I asked questions on a couple of the Chair Cruisers Videos. If you didn't get them let me know and I will PM you.

In response to how I liked the stretches when I got up...I am so sore these days when I get up that I think I need a longer stretching sequence. They felt nice, but I was still sore when walking.

I can feel how my muscles were working during my walk yesterday, "even" my lats and my triceps, certainly thanks to the new arm technique that I tried. Today will be a lighter day, wakey & morning moves. I may or may not do some stepping in my garden, I'll see. Otherwise, I am planning to do a nice workout or walk tomorrow.

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          It is really nice to hear you are enjoying your daily walks and wakey moves. I'm inspired by your consistency!

All's well here. We're working from home, both of us with at least as much work as before. Worried about a few people in my extended family -- all much too far away to help directly -- but so far everyone is okay.

I've been back to shorter workouts mostly this week and last, since I have less alone time in the house. Also, I find that short workouts are a better fit when I'm distracted or worried. If I still need more activation, I just do another short workout later in the day. I might take some time to try to get more comfortable with seated workouts over the next while. I don't like sitting in chairs much anyway, and tend to resent all the sitting-down time that goes with a computer job, so I tend to choose other workouts by preference. But I've enjoyed both More 3 Chair and Holiday 4 recently, and think I might benefit from learning more chair moves to sneak in.

I'm also managing to get outside for walks, thank goodness. It rained hard yesterday but today's good.

I'm not going to scroll up and make comments on each person's posts, too complicated. Instead:

- Lisa, I hope you and your son are feeling better. Everyone I know with even the faintest cough reports feeling faintly paranoid/hypochondriacal, which I guess is inevitable! I especially hope the aches have diminished.

- Trisch, I agree that this does feel like a safe place, and that freaking out won't save anybody's life. It's a strange period but yes, exactly, it's important to take time to laugh and enjoy things.

- Green Gem, it's wonderful that there have been no panic attacks for a while, and that your knees are evening out. (As opposed to "having an evening out", which I guess none of us will do for quite a while!)

- Anna Lee, I'm so glad you're finding your way to enjoying walking outside! I've always been a walker and am always faintly puzzled when other people tell me they don't like it.

- Alisa, it sounds like your sleep stress might be easing up a bit. I hope so! I laughed out loud reading about your mom, Sadie the cat, and the white noise machine. And I agree about Amy's Arms -- not sure why, but they always work better for me too if I follow along with video.

All of you who haven't posted here recently -- easterchild , homefire , others -- I'm thinking of you and hope you're all okay. And hello too to NickelLynne if you're reading this!

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Great update. More 3 and Holiday #4 goes by fast enough, glad you enjoy it.

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          So nice to see you again. I totally agree about shorter workouts, that is kind of what I am doing, adding a walk on certain days. BTW, I do my wakey moves seated. You seem to be quite busy with work too.
      Working...
      X