Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 16 - Mar - 22 Wk 6

6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 16 - Mar - 22 Wk 6

Welcome to week 5 of the 6 Weeks to a New You! All are welcome!

???Jump in at any time!

So how did you do? Did you get your workouts in? Did you take time for you? Did you feel more energy? Did you measure? Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns? If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today! If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you. Make today really count!

-- Lisa posting for Donna
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Has anyone heard from Donna? I will email her tomorrow.

How is everyone doing? Anyone have loved ones that are sick? Anyone struggling with job loss, shortages, or lack of social contact?

I have one friend waiting on test results. She has auto immune disease. I am praying she recovers quickly.

I spent far too much time on the computer today. Tomorrow I am staying off except for checking in here and doing any actual work. I need to detox from social media.
    Lisa. 47 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Praying for your friend and everyone else. How are you and your family?

We are doing ok and getting by one day at a time.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you and your family are fine. And that your friend will recover quickly.

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope your friend is okay. We're all doing well--I got sick a week or so ago and so did one of my daughters, but neither of our symptoms were close to Covid-19. My daughter called the ER because friends were worried about her so she did. They confirmed that we were not lining up with the symptoms. This is my pilot daughter who is grounded for awhile. She was bummed because around first of April she was to start training in a jet with a trainer captain. They haven't totally canceled that, but it's obviously uncertain. Hubby is a contractor and as long as people let him in their homes to work on them, he's good. I of course have been working from home and homeschooling, so other than not going to social events and grocery shopping being an adventure, I'm okay. I plan to keep creating classes. People need to MOVE to feel better physically and emotionally! I have so many blog posts and YouTube videos I want to do I need 5 of me! Ha! I need focus!

Hi, and thanks for once again taking the initiative to post a new thread.

I have a couple of sick friends. One is local to the Bay Area. He was finally tested this morning at Stanford. The other one is in Chicago and was still waiting when I last heard from him.

We're adjusting to having both of us working from home: I'm used to it, but my husband isn't, and is finding it pretty frustrating. I feel really lucky to be living in a mild climate with kind neighbors, chickens, and a big garden.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I am hoping full recovery for your friends.

Working at home together sounds like a big change for you as a couple. I hope you get to enjoy your coffee breaks and lunch dates.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope your friends will recover quickly. It is nice to have a garden these days, I agree.

I know some people who are ill, one person who was in reanimation last week is healing and is back at home now.

We are fine. My husband runs twice a day...that's another story and he has to bring an auto-declaration, a form to fill in and say the reason why he is outside his house. I had a short powerwalk yesterday afternoon, just to get out of the house/garden. I do enjoy sitting and having my caffe lattes in the garden, though! We have started to play a game and I hope we will be continuing. Besides my wakey moves and morning moves, I also do my T-tapp workout in the afternoon instead of in the morning. It works better for me now. I am continuing my daily sketchbooking too.

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Our garden/flower garden is still soggy and too cold for anything. But I do enjoy sitting on my porch swing when it's not too cold outside!

Grateful to everyone giving support and sharing prayers and kindness through this health crisis. My family is doing our best to stay healthy (plenty of veggies and exercise!) and follow the WHO and CDC guidelines.

This week is my 2nd round of First Step 1. My whole body is mildly sore and there tingling everywhere. I can turn my head left and right with more ease. I love how my range of motion keeps improving bit by bit. I am also able to do more floor moves. DD remains a challenge, I think I have to stay at 4 reps and only 1 set for now. DDx4 in Habit Formers do not mean 4 sets yet. I just realized I put in ALx4 to mean AL four sets. I may have to go back and fix my logs. Oh well.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I took your ALx4 to mean 4 reps not 4 sets although AL is a bit different that DD so I think I see what you mean. Are you doing 4 sets or 4 reps? If sets how many reps?

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the one thing that I am sad I did not get my hands on was the digital First Steps 1 & 2, 3 & 4. I do have the First Steps DVD though if I EVER get to it. Since it is advanced, that may be NEVER LOL

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      oooh, good point AlisaJDrury I need to define my sets and reps better. With DD, I can only do up to 5 reps, thats it. 1 set would be getting through the video (Trisch or Margaret's). With AL, I defined 1 set as following the whole instruction as written.

gosh, I regret not getting the new videos

How is everyone today?

Normal morning routines today. In the afternoon, I chose to do the 19 min workout from the HHMM documentary DVD. It is a nice one with parts from HHMM! In the morning, I sat outside in the sunny and more and more warm weather for 3 hours. So nice!

EDIT: did the sequence of morning moves in the early evening too. Somehow, I really felt how the blood started to flow more freely up in my head.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-19-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a lovey start of day.
      You have inspired us in this forum to keep persevering Isn't it wonderful that we have our own routines that fits our needs that moment.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-19-2020, 02:45 PM.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, you are so right, we need our routines even more these days.

I continue my routines...wakey & morning moves. Today, I went to bed after breakfast. I have taken out all my stuff: books, art material etc and I am going to spend the rest of the day in our garden. It is sunny and about 66°F. So nice!

EDIt: This afternoon, I did 15 min from SATI in our garden. Nice sweating!!

How are you all, ladies??
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-20-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Have nicenweekend! Thank you for all your positivity!!!!

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      How lovely! It was 61° this morning and dropped to 39° within 2 hours!!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Trisch, it will be about 40°F tomorrow morning...

This 6 Weeks has been positive and productive for me in terms of physical progress. I think being able to workout at home has been great mentally as well.

I love FS and BBFF moves. It took me years to get to this point, oh my! From More 1/2', Activation Tips, More 2 Beautiful Basics, to Chair Champion, Chair Cruisers, then FS 1&2 Beautiful Basics. At some point I tried BBFF but had to give it up then restarted recently. What a journey.

Trisch"s classes, video tips and blog posts are my foundation. The tips and encouragement from this forum keeps me going. The other trainers tips and posts helped as well.

My kids are staying active with their own routine but joins me with clap aways, some arm moves and sneaky fits.

So much to be thankful for!
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, so glad for you and all that you are the positives that you are experiencing. Fun that your children are joining you in T-tapping.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem you and Anna Lee have done so great this last 6 weeks of keeping consistent. I am so proud of you both.

I am happy that you have made such great progress lately. I bet that feels really good.

We're surviving here in northern Indiana! Weather can't decide if it's spring, fall, winter or summer or all of them at once! It's pretty soggy today after a LOT of rain the past few days. We need it to dry out but also be a bit cold for the ground to not be too soft--our barn needs cleaned out badly!

I did like the nicer weather earlier this week. Cool but sunny.

Grocery shopping Wednesday was an adventure! It normally takes me 4-5 hours to get everything for 2 weeks for our family, plus any errands like banking, picking up prescriptions, etc. Well, it took me almost 6 hours this time! The first store only allowed 3 of each item per person--and I needed 10 cans of tomato sauce! So I had to readjust and get some items at other stores where I wasn't as familiar where those things were. So it was a treasure hunt! LOL!

I needed chicken breasts and 3 out of the 4 stores I shopped didn't have any. I prayed before the last one and there was ONE big 10 lb bag of frozen breasts in this 15 ft cooler--all by itself! My guess is most people don't want that much in one bag, but it will work for us! I was so grateful!

Some things don't change much for me--we homeschool, I work from home, hubby does remodeling so as long as people will let him in their homes, he has work. But it was eerie how easy it was to get around when I got groceries--you can tell not as many people are out and about. Oldest daughter is home since she isn't flying right now (although she went to help a friend paint the past few days!), another daughter who works at a hospital may get some time off or she can request to be put in an another area. My second daughter works at a small farm store that never has anywhere close to 10 people in it! Animals still need feed and medicine and I'm glad they can stay open. My daughter that is getting married May 3 is wondering if they'll be getting married at the pastor's house with just a few people there! I told her to wait to call it off. I know there are all these dire predictions, and maybe I'm a Pollyanna, but I think it will get better much sooner due to the measures we're all taking. Plus, spring WILL come! Sunshine and fresh air do wonders for our health! I saw an article about the 1918 flu pandemic--how they would bring patients outside into the sunshine and they would get better faster! So I plan to get outside as much as I can between rain and snow!

Two other daughters are partially working. One works at Subway in town so they are doing carry-out. The other is a mom's helper, so it again depends on the families, so 2 of the 5 have decided to not have her come right now. So she is going to Facetime the kids--she LOVES them so much!

Okay, that rounds it all up for my tribe! We've joked that it's a good thing 2 of the girls have moved out or we would have over 10 here! :-D
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing your positivity! We are thinking along the same line and praying that all our efforts are working and the world will be better.

I think it is amazing how people will choose to work together towards a common goal. Many are taking further to help those who are most in need during these times. Prayers for everyone.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-20-2020, 04:42 PM.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Trisch, thank you for your update about how things are going for you and your family.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Trisch, Thank you for your family update. Wonderful things going on and I will be praying that the hubs will not be turned away from working in people's homes.

I tend to think more positively too in that hopefully this thing will go away rather quickly. But, I live in Maryland where I believe all the entitled and ME geneation live exclusively LOL We haven't seen any cases at the hospital I work at but another hospital is seeing cases so I think it is hit or miss. I live in Baltimore and things seem to be fine in this part of the state but other counties not so much so it is weird how it populates certain areas.

I am glad that your shopping trip went fairly well and although it took all day, you were able to find what you needed. This is good news as you are feeding a few more right now.

I am so thankful for your classes lately. I really like being able to do my favorite workouts but with more variety choices.

I have done 1 PBS this week. I did take a short walk today with our youngest today.

School is closed for now and I am so glad to be way out in the country. Spring is coming. Children and I have been doing some projects and enjoying the sun on our new, southwest brick patio. Yes, there is snow all around yet, but it's starting to melt. Chicks come in a couple weeks. Some crop is still out there, and we are hoping to get it off yet before planting.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I can understand that you are thankful to live out in the country.

This afternoon we went for a walk and did a little clearing in the vegetable garden.

This evening I did Maxi Max #2. I'm really glad I did it but I don't plan to do often. The pace was fine for some of the moves but for others, it was too fast for my preference. I did like that it included almost all of TWO and then some floor, including the 3 from Target Pop 3.

I'm a numbers person and I love science so I've been reading and reading this week. Two days went by any I hardly got anything done because I was so absorbed in all the updates. My prayer is that this virus mutates itself into oblivion, soon.

I am so thankful for the sunshine we're having and the wide open spaces. I am so thankful my husband can work from home. We homeschool, also, so we are fairly normal. My family is all far away, though, so I'm trying to check up on everybody all over the country.

I have friends in Italy and I haven't heard from them in a day.

Has anyone heard from Donna? I emailed her but haven't heard back.

I did message Easterchild and she is ok.

Please keep checking in, just to say hi! Let us know how you are!
    Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I do agree that we have so many reasons to be thankful. I haven't heard from Donna either, I'll email her too.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, plenty to be grateful for. Thank you for checking in with other Tappers. I hope you'll hear an update from Donna soon.

I did my wakey moves, cleaned the house and in the afternoon after a nap, I felt that I needed some moving & fresh air. So I took out our indoor bike that we have in the basement. It was good to get some cardio. I finished with my ordinary "morning moves"...

How are you today, ladies??

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds lovely. I really want an indoor exercise bike. Maybe in the autumn I'll buy one.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't use mine very often but this will be a great option to take it out and bike outside.

We went on a 3 mile hike through some wooded hills. It was wonderful!! I posted some pictures on my Instagram.

I am so thankful for this group. I need to stay off Facebook right now for my emotional health. There's more T-Tapp activity on Facebook but this group is very special to me.

I was going to do another workout but I think I'll just do some stretches and read in bed. My arms are nice and sore from Maxi Max yesterday. Tomorrow I want to go a floor workout. I think HTF Tempo digital.
    Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      How nice to go on a hike! It is me who don't like walking who say that...in fact I cannot have walks now. I am planning to start a bucket list of things that I want to do once this time "Stay at home" is finished.

I totally agree with you that this group is so special. I don't get many notifications on FB any longer. I am considering to quit groups where I have never really participated. Yet, I spend some time on FB Messenger chatting and I also phone or do Skype coffee/tea sessions with friends in order not to be too isolated.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I am thankful for this group as well and not enjoying FB much these days, although you are right there is more TTapp related there. If it isn't Coronavirus posts it is negative political posts...I cannot stand it. I say I am only going to FB to check Trisch's page, Renee's page and Yes We Can but then I end up scrooling through my notifications, then the newsfeeds, get fed up and log off. Here we can talk about anything and stay positively focused on our workouts and staying healthy so it is much needed.

I have kind of already summed up these 6 weeks (last week, I think). I am very pleased with the rhythm of daily short moves/stretches/flows and about 2 workouts a week. I am feeling much more relaxed.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Feeling more relaxed is wonderful!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      This is wonderful to hear. So glad you are feeling more relaxed.

I work in healthcare so thank goodness for that I won't ever be without a job. BUT I have to deal with pregnant ladies coming in for every little thing, which strangely enough has not been an issue. I think that they are trying to avoid the hospital as much as they can or trying to deliver at a different hospital thinking their visiting policy is more lax. They will find out it is the same across the state. The nice part is that hardly anyone comes in overnight (at least to Labor & Delivery) so I have not been exposed to anyone that has been sick. We are only allowing 2 visitors for Labor and Delivery and they have to be the same visitor the whole time so a lot of patients are choosing for it to just be their husband or significant other because they don't want to have to choose between their Mom and his Mom. Only one of those two can stay with the patient on Postpartum and there are NO exceptions to this rule so they cannot even try and argue. They couple who have tried, security takes care of it and they leave nicely (which is odd LOL).

My daughter was sick the week before last but sure it wasn't Corona so she was never seen. She is feeling much better and thank goodness the kids didn't get sick. Michael has been off school so he and his sister are driving my daughter absolutely crazy. I am printing out all of the homeschooling papers for her tonight at school so he has a rude awakening this week because he has school work to do. I am also printing out the Pre-K work for Sophiya thinking maybe if Sissy has to do school too maybe it won't be so bad. My mother has been going to work but she is the only one in the office as they sent everyone else to work from home so she is in all her glory. We will see if that stays the same this week as there are threats we are going on a Nationwide Lockdown but the President said he was leaving it up to the individual state to make the decision so I am hoping this doesn't happen.

As in everywhere around the country, if people would just stay home and stop going out unnecessarily I think we could beat this thing quicker.

I have not been working out much this last 6 weeks so am hoping to make the next six weeks better. Moving to an overnight shift and then the potential stress of Coronavirus and working at a hospital took its toll on me mentally last week. Now, I am in a better place and feel it is going to be what it is going to be and hoping that it passes rather quickly. I am hoping they are correct that when we hit more consistently warm weather it will fizzle out but then I wonder why Italy is so overwhelmed by it if it is warmer there ?? I want to incorporate more walking outside this week also so hopefully I can make that happen.

Alisa - 52 y.o.
    T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
    Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope your family will get adjusted to the new home routines soon.

Thank you for cheering us on. T-Tapp is so intertwined with my life right now, I cannot seem to separate them in this forum.

I enjoyed your reflections about the situation. I agree we need to be positive but vigilant at the same time, for everyone's sake.

Praying for the enlightenment of people in position to make better decisions for their country.... for the world. For the rest of us, we do what we can to take care of one another.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 03-22-2020, 05:08 PM.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem thank goodness I do not have children at home, otherwise working overnight would be really hard. It is only my Mom and I. She is 74, in really good health, and could live on her own, but when she retires (which is probably coming soon) she will not be able to afford it. My fiancé is in the same boat, except that his Mother can afford to live on her own but she won't. So, we live separate and take care of our Moms and each other the best we can.
Working...
X