6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 13 - Jan 19 - Wk 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 13 - Jan 19 - Wk 3

Welcome to week 3 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

I am continuing my Less is More T-tapping. I concentrate my T-tapp moves around a TP3, doing some stretches before, learning the move with good activation and then finishing with stretches. Today, I ended up doing 2 foot moves, I can feel nerves or muscles up to the middle of my back, so that must be good for my whole legs.

One of my goals for these coming weeks is to continue to do regular floor moves/workouts. I may add other workouts when needed, but I feel that it is great to take time to focus in order to get less overwhelmed.

I haven't been outside for about one week and yesterday I told my husband that I had some headache again, not migraine. So, I will go out and have a caffe latte this morning.

Otherwise, I am still enjoying the sketchbook challenge, and in February, I am continuing on my own. It boosts my creativity in a nice way.

A bonus would be if I could lose my last 4 pounds to my "acceptable" weight. Of course, I could lose more but I want to concentrate on health, strength, well-being and peace in my mind more than numbers. I would prefer seeing improvements in my torso, the side pudge of my waist and my inner thighs.

Here we go, ladies!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-14-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee I definitely do not have time to do them all. I wanted to try and learn a couple that I could just do throughout the day here and there. I have been trying to do the finger moves while I am at a stop light. I need to be more mindful to get this in a few times a day to see if it helps my hands/arms/shoulders (primarily left).

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I love what you said-- health, strength, well-being and peace are more important than numbers.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are wonderful goals. I'm trying to get outside more, too.

This is from yesterday: I am feeling really tired today so I thought maybe some lymph pumping would be good. I did SATI up to the 21:00 point and TFFS Monday Moves #2 w/ Trisch (I need to practice this one). Because I waited too long, I forgot to do my Diva today and realized it when I got to work. I will definitely do Diva with Trisch again when I get home tonight.

Update: I did Diva Derriere when I got home from work, 6 reps. I did so much better than I have been. NO back/hip discomfort. I felt it right where you are supposed to so I was pleased with that.

I will make a second post later for today's activity.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.
    T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
    Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad that you are feeling better while doing DD. How wonderful that you had no back/hip discomfort.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      It is really amazing that you are not getting that back/hip discomfort with DD anymore!

TFFS is on my wishlist. I am hoping this is a good next step for me in terms of easing into floor workouts before taking BBFF again.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work!

Back to basics Week 3: East-West breathing
    Main Workouts: Chair Cruisers, Broom 2
    Get comfy with floor: DD/AL/PT Challenge
    Nutrition: Work towards 4+ c veggies a day, continue lowering gluten/sugar/dairy intake, add more herbal teas instead of coffee

A bit of reflection: I appreciate how each part of my T-Tapp journey helped me in different ways. Starting with MORE 1/2 and Activation Tips, my body changed and healing happened. Still, there are some roadblocks and other challenges. Each subsequent DVD and class I tried taught me something but some of them where not yet right for me. Chair Champion was a big turning point. Then, Chair Cruisers and First Step 1. I'm still blown away how those Chair packages was the answer to many of my roadblocks and challenges. I love how each progress I made leads to more progress, creating an upward spiral. A big big relief from the downward spirals I was stuck in years ago.
    Last edited by GreenGem; 01-14-2020, 08:09 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great goals, GreenGem! I was reminded of the East-West breathing when seeing a lady's results on FB today. There are so many "little" important T-tapp moves to implement in our daily life.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      AlisaJDrury and Anna Lee, thanks!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so happy for you! It's so wonderful to find solutions to roadblocks.

I did TappCore 2 today...Wow! I did not realize that workout was so fun and I love all of the curl the core and straighten. This really worked my shoulders and arms. I will definitely be doing this one when I don't feel like doing anything or intentionally take a day off but want to add "something." I also did my Diva Derriere move today with 6 reps. I can get to 10 reps easily with the first and last parts but not the two middle moves so I didn't know if that mattered to do more reps with part of it, or keep them consistent. I think I asked Trisch this and will have to look.

I will do AL with Margaret when I get home tonight but only a few reps like GreenGem is doing. That one is easier for me than Diva but I don't want to push too much.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, fun that you enjoyed Tapp Core 2!!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a fun chair wo. Yes, perfect for dragging days.

This morning, I had thought about doing BBFF#2 but I chose to do the classic sequence: OIP/HF/LB/CC (DVD from book, Debulk). I only did the instructional of Ladybug. Yesterday, I watched parts of Renee's Youtube video "Inner pudge" and there is a great CC sequence that I may try next week. I need to ask someone about how to breathe better during LB and CC. They are quite technical and strenuous moves and I somehow find myself "without breathing" or breathing at any time. I am sure I need to learn exactly when to exhale and inhale during those moves.

After DD (more in the other thread), I did the Somatic Forward Bend (for the lower back). I always enjoy this move. Thanks to T-tapp, I have less problems and ache in my lower back even during the period. And I thought about the 2 foot moves that I have learnt by heart. I will try to watch 2 other ones soon. I have already done the Mary Poppins move, it is great! In fact, on the CC part of Critter Crunch, Teresa does a Mary Poppins version. I have it on my Debulk DVD. In fact, that DVD was one of the first that I bought. I knew that I would need to work these target areas. Now, after 2 years, I am feeling ready to do it. I am feeling so happy and excited about that. It shows how important it is to learn activation, alignment etc in T-tapp. The good thing is that I have at least 6 other DVDs and maybe 9 digital workouts from which I have done no move/workout or just a part once or so. And then I don't think about SF that I can discover during the rest of my life. Wow!!

I sometimes tell people about T-tapp, but they seem not to think that it is a "real workout" as we use no equipment nor tools. My mission is just to incite them to try it, not to convince them. Eventually, some may try it later as this is really a method of movement for all ages. I know we can get pain from some T-tapp moves, but it is not really T-tapp that will hurt us, if you see what I mean. There are so many exercising tools in a gym that can hurt a wrist or another body part.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ladybug and crab claws are really intense moves when you get them right. I didn't have a hard time with crab claws but it took me awhile and asking a lot of questions to really feel Ladybug.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean about people not understanding T-Tapp. I explain that it's kind of a combination of Barre, yoga, and pilates but you learn how to use your own body as the equipment and you rebuild the muscles that hold you nice and tall. I love that I have a local group, now.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you for chiming in. I do like the sequence that ends with LB and CC. I have never ever felt so many new muscles in my lower body. I still need to ask someone about the breathing, though.

I downloaded the "Bonus Focus Tips for MORE Chair" from Trainer Trisch's newsletter, good timing since I am trying to better my form and activation.
    I am also reviewing my goals, making sure they are realistic but "powerful".
    Last edited by GreenGem; 01-16-2020, 02:38 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Realistic and powerful!!!!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I like that: realistic and powerful! Yet, with T-tapp we are almost sure that it will be the latter.

I'm still in Montreal, keeping my ribs up and getting in workouts when I can, basically chosen to fit the time and space available rather than according to any strategy.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear from you. Sending you hugs of encouragement. At this point, doing what "feels right" at that moment is BEST. Sometimes we set a strategy (I know this to be true for me) and when I cannot keep up, I get discouraged and crash. Since the first of the year, I have been trying to go with just "somewhat" of a strategy and that seems to be working.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Sending you hugs of encouragement as well. Good strategy, whatever you feel helps you and not add to the stress.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to "see" you. I hope you spend precious times in your family.

I haven't posted in a couple of days. Yesterday, I was feeling very fatigued when I got up so I just was not sure what to do, do anything, take a day off or what...I was in a literal conundrum. When I got home from work I forced myself to do some stretches and Chair Cruisers: Renee's Psoas & clock; DD fab 4; Chair Cruisers - Curl Core, Fascia Stretch, Cross Stretch & Amy's Arms; Diva 6 reps no video. Wow, that Amy's Arms got me so I really need to try and incorporate that more often to try and rebalance the muscles in that area as well.

I didn't do anything today before work but when I get home I will do some TFFS and my Diva Derriere move, maybe 2 reps of AL's. I will update this as to what I truly did. I am less tired today but having trouble getting motivated.

I hope everyone is well and having a good week.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I am so glad that you are feeling these moves and especially your core and other muscles. All this floor work is really powerful, to take GreenGem's comment from above.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem I didn't take it that way, but admitting that I am all over the place just ask Trisch LOL The menopause is making the ADHD worse so I am trying really hard to focus on just one or two workouts, Target Pop 3 and Amy's Arms which will bring me some strength and conditioning progress but also help me focus better.

I have been reading around the forums about the floor workouts and wondering about a good progression like beginner to advanced. I am playing with the idea to entertain Critter Crunch and the Warmup DVD's for a while to learn that foundation of floor. This is me and my head being all over the place (its an OCD thing for me, a little perfectionism and always trying to "do the right thing") but at least I am remaining in a general area LOL

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      AlisaJDrury, thank you for understanding. I read your insights in another post and it does seem our DD and AL challenge is making an impact on our body. Hopefully good Those leg workouts do make use of big muscle groups with plenty of lymphatic movements. I will take your wisdom and watch out for AF and detoxing.

Earlier, I switched from an office chair with arms to one without. And I did not realize right away but I can comfortably twist stretch holding on all the way to the back of the seat vs grabbing an arm (about midway). Increased range of motion is one of the T-Tapp benefits I am always grateful for!

Also, I had to adapt Broom 2 to Chair (ala Cruisin') because my legs got tired quickly. My best guess was my leg muscles got activated with all that DD and AL. Imho, I do a better job with ribs-up, core and lat activation on a chair vs standing anyway. A while ago, I tried More 1/2 Broom minis as seated version but forgot about it

BlessedMama would there be any concern in adapting Broom to Chair?
    Last edited by GreenGem; 01-17-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great progress, GreenGem!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      This great to hear you have progressed and can twist a little more! I never think to adapt standing like Broom to a chair. Thank you for the reminder.

Hello everyone,

I really have been missing each one of you.

I've been in a little bit of a funk lately. I've been doing some T-Tapp and some walking outside but not enough to feel my best. But I've given myself permission to take it easy these past two weeks. Today I did 50 minutes of T-Tapp and I feel really good. Plus I went outside and walked up and down the hill while my kids went sledding. Being outside is so good for my soul. We've gotten 4 get of snow in the past week. The mountains got 7 feet! It's so beautiful outside.

I decided to try something new and I signed up for Trainer Jen's 21 day jumpstart, combining T-Tapp with a few dance moves. So far it's fun and feels really good.

Today I did some of that, AL, PT, DD, and the Holiday Hoe Down Showdown.

I just love the Holiday Showdown! I love 15 minutes of hoe downs. I feel so good after. I think it's impossible to feel bad while doing several sets of hoe downs.

Tomorrow is ski club. I probably won't get to ski but it's so wonderful to be up there. I have to get to bed early tonight. I haven't been very disciplined about that lately.
    Lisa. 48 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      "I've given myself permission to take it easy" I <3 this. Its great that you are able to mix-up reliable favorites and with new ones.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, so nice to "see" you again. Thank you once again for inspiring me and the other ladies to learn the Target Pop 3 moves. Can you imagine that we now really are learning them? I have written so many times: "One day, I will look into them..." But just like art, lots of things start in our head.

Yesterday, I posted in an FB group about feeling physically drained. You, ladies, may remember that I am ill being on sick leave (I prefer not writing about it here). I checked my three last 6 weeks-challenge-sheets and I have been doing some T-tapping every single day since the end of October. I do not know if that means consistency or addiction. You all know how important it is for me. These last couple of weeks, I have gladly been focusing on floor moves/workouts. I finally get and see some results: progressive inch loss, firmer body parts so to say, stronger core and lats. I wore a pair of jeans in the end of November that was terribly tight around my stomach and even my thighs. Now, I can wear them and not feel "squeezed up" in them.

*But* the thing is that I am feeling completely drained, I am sure that it is not just due to too much T-tapping, but I have been adding lots of moves in the past week. So, I am taking three days off, just doing my morning moves and sneaky fits. If I feel that I need a PBS or some nice stretching, I will calmly do that. I really want to understand that Less is More. I need to learn to focus. I need healing.

Thank you all for this little lovely community!

Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-17-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, GreenGem. I know that you can understand.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is consistency and maybe some healthy addiction. I feel it is ok to be addicted to things that are GOOD for us (not excessive exercise though)! Do listen to your body though, but remember the exhaustion could also be some detox. This is a good thing and something that we need to allow our body to go through to get the junk out. It isn't easy to allow ourselves to detox because we do not like how it feels. I do not have AF or even a tendency toward it so I am not educated in how that works with detox. BlessedMama can speak to that better. I guess I bring this up because I wonder if it is the tendency toward AF that makes you feel exhausted after being REALLY consistent or is it detox, how do you know when to keep "pushing" so to speak (not pushing but remaining consistent to allow the detox to happen) or stop.

I can say that I have a terrible headache today so I wonder if all of this lower body movement is doing something good to my metabolic system. Makes me wonder. I do also believe that less is more in the T-Tapp world, but also believe there is fine line/grey area so to speak where it is sometimes hard to find that balance and know when to push through a detox and when to rest. I have this strong desire to learn all of the ins and outs of T-Tapp but I have to get through this last class first.

All-in-All it is good for you to rest for three days. Often after a BC they say take a day off or two or three...whatever you need to recover.

::HUGS::

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, thank you for your input. I would rather like not to be addicted..I need to find a balance these days. I am convinced that I am going through a detox: body and soul.

Today is a good day to be in rest mode for the challenge. We have a 4 day weekend, I am saving my energy for the kids. We might not be able to head to the mountains to ski but maybe I can hike with my boys or try to bike again. My legs do feel stronger. I will continue with AL 2 reps until next week.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy your 4 day weekend.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy your 4 day weekend and let us know what fun things transpired with the kids.

Second day of resting. I did my normal morning moves. Now I am going to have an afternoon nap.

EDIT: this late afternoon, I did Renee's class neck and upper back release.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-18-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear you are resting. Hopefully you will good and refreshed come Monday.

Exercising before bed is messing up my posting habits LOL. Last night before bed I did 7 reps of Diva Derriere, my Defeating Diastasis fab 4, Renee's psoas release and somatic clock. I actually had already laid down and got back up to get my few "necessary" moves in.

Tonight I did the same moves but added 5 reps of Awesome Legs and Amy's Arms. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow. I debated all day (again) about taking a break or fitting just a few moves in and glad I chose to fit something in. Diva and AL is getting easier.

Being more consistent with the Defeating Diastasis moves is helping me engage my core better during the Diva and AL.
    Alisa - 52 y.o.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work, Alisa.
Working...
X