6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 2 - Dec 29- Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 2 - Dec 29- Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!
    This thread will run for 4 weeks in order to get us into the New Year.

A lot can be accomplished in 4 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

I was able to fit in more workouts than I'd intended before, during, and after the wedding-related disruption. I know that to avoid burnout I should probably back off and stick with short workouts for a while, but this morning I went for TBT standing. That's because I only recently got the DVD, and I'd been waiting to try it.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that workout! I think as long as you listen to your body and take rest days or partial rest days when you need it, it's fine. I tend to get more exercise than is generally recommended but that's when I feel my best.

I think we are all over in the Challenge thread and forget about this one. I will show it some love

I figured out what I am doing for workouts during the challenge. I am going to do Chair Cruisers, rotate through the Holiday digital workouts and sub in More 3 Chair and TappCore 2. I am really excited. If the standing Holiday workouts are too much (back and hip issues), then I will drop them and continue with CC and rotating through other seated workouts.

I have been skin brushing the last two days and I don't hate it LOL
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 4 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Bachelors in Mental Health Counseling

Comment

I injured my shoulder on Sunday. Today I did Holiday #1 and it's feeling a little better. Hoping to do the elliptical tonight, too.
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
      MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no. I hope it is feeling better. The Holiday workouts are on my list for the challenge, but I am worried LOL. I looked at them and it is definitely going to take some patience and practice. She goes fast and I haven't done some of the moves. I am also doing Chair Cruisers and other seated workouts so I am hoping for a productive 30 days none-the-less

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are familiar with TBT, SF, or any of the First Steps you will love the holiday workouts. Have you ever done lawn mowers? They're my favorite move every and they're in 2 of the workouts. #3 had the balance sequence with Thread the Needle. Some of the arm moves might be confusing if you aren't familiar with the newest fascia activation tweaks. But they are awesome workouts.

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, I am not familiar with TBT or First Steps and on did SF a few times when I first started. I have done lawn mowers seated with Trisch. I did the Holiday #4, seated, tonight and it was pretty easy thanks to Trisch's classes. I need to hold my form and activate better on the chorus line kicks though.

I am going to try Holiday #1 tomorrow

Today I did Chair Cruisers: Abbv PBS, Pull the Weeds, Amy's Arms, Isolated Arm Pulls; DD moves standing-CF/MCB/ZIP. I wanted to get some stretches in too but didn't have time and forgot about brushing. Tomorrow I will have to be on point better.
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

I did Holiday 1 and 2 so far this week and my shoulder is all better!!!
        Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad that your shoulder is better, Lisa!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Love this!!

I won the Instagram giveaway! On my birthday, too! What a wonderful gift. I'm all loaded up with T-Tapp DVDs to share with my local T-Tapp group. <3
        Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          That is soooo AWESOME!! I am so glad you won this because I know you will bless others with T-Tapp!!

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to having won the Instagram giveaway. And Happy Birthday too!!! Enjoy your local T-tapp group. I am dreaming about doing some seated T-tapp moves during lunch break at my work when it is time for me to go back: some fascia stretches to destress neck, shoulders etc.

• loosestrife
          loosestrife commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy belated birthday! Congratulations! And I'm so glad you've set up that group. It would be great to have a local community of T-Tappers.
          Last edited by loosestrife; Yesterday, 04:38 PM.

It has been a crazy week. My cat got sick again on Thursday evening and had to go back to the vet Friday morning. Her intestines looked good, but they are guessing her pancreatitis is not completely healed and this is affecting her liver, which causes the diarrhea. Sadie is a prissy princess so you can just imagine what it has been like with her not being able to control her bodily functions. On top of not feeling well and being in pain, she gets mad at herself for making a mess. We had a rough evening but she is content now and she ate a little so that is good.

The only day this week I missed working out was Friday (I needed a break anyhow; I just didn't have the brain stamina). I didn't get in GREAT workouts ED but managed to squeeze in movement almost ED. Tonight I did the Holiday WO #4. That was nice and a bit challenging. I didn't sweat but could really feel it in my back and abdominals. I am pleased. You know, Teresa has long arms. When I place my hands on the chair seat, they are not bent so I cannot straighten them and lift ribs like she does so I did mitten chop on the tops of my thighs and lifted ribs. It doesn't matter which chair I use, it doesn't work LOL
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          I am glad that Sadie is feeling a little better and eating more.

You are doing great, Alisa! Moving everyday is my goal. For me, my morning moves are great moves too. I feel like I am alive after having done them. What is great -too - is that we can do T-tapp the way that we are created, longer or shorter arms and it helps us! I am so thankful for having found this method of movement.

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope your cat recovers fully soon.

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee we had a bad day yesterday with somewhat of a relapse but she is much better today. They put her on two antibiotics; one that she was on before so we know she does good on it and another liquid. We think the liquid one gave her a bad tummy ache and made the diarrhea come back. We did not give her the liquid today, only the pill that we knew was find. She is sleeping a lot but wanted to eat a snack around 2:30 so we were happy about that.

Soliloquy72 Thank you! She is better today, but it seems like a two steps forward and one step back situation.
      Working...
      X