6 Weeks to a New You! Nov 4 - Nov 10 - Wk 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Nov 4 - Nov 10 - Wk 3

Welcome to week 3 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

All in all, I finished out last week ok. Yesterday I forgot I needed to go to an appt before returning to work at 2:30 so I didn't get my workout in. I am feeling much better, as I believe lots of water and the exercises may be helping. Today will be some workouts from Chair Champions until the vertigo is gone completely when doing Epley maneuver then I will try TFFS again.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 4 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Bachelors in Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• loosestrife
      loosestrife commented
      Editing a comment
      Relieved to hear that you're feeling better. It sounds like you're doing a good job of taking care of yourself. I had to look up the Epley maneuver, btw!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't get any workout in Tuesday because I totally spaced out that I needed to leave early again.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you're feeling better.

Hi! I'm hoping to maintain my intense schedule this week (full workouts MWF, short ones T-Th). Next week I'll probably have to scale down to short workouts and sneaky fit. If I get a chance, I'll take pics for you all then, in those same disgusting clothes for comparison's sake, and post them in my wedding thread.

After that, once people start fly in for the wedding, there might not be time for formal workouts at all, so it'll be down to sneaky fit alone.

I'm thinking that once the wedding is over, it might be a good idea to put myself on a short workout track for a while and see how that goes. I've enjoyed the obsessive attention to form and activation over the last sort-of-challenge period, but I'd like to develop the habit of lower-key consistency, too.

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great idea! I often advise clients to back off a bit after a big push like that. Even after the 60 Day Challenge I encourage participants to back off for a month and then decide their next "routine". It gives you movement but a little less intense focus to give the brain--and body--a break!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like a good idea! Do you have Trisch's seated workouts or More?

• loosestrife
      loosestrife commented
      Editing a comment
      Trisch, when you advise people to "back off for a month", how much backing off do you have in mind? I'd been thinking I might spend a couple of weeks recapping your consistency challenge clips from the other thread, then figure out what to do next.

Helena (yes, I've been reading lots of old forum posts ), somewhere in a mystery box I have an ancient More DVD, but I have no idea where it is! Currently the short workouts I'm relying on have been the streaming Broom, streaming More Chair 3, and BBFF segments.

I was totally feeling better Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday woke up with a migraine and vertigo again so I basically laid in bed all day only getting up to eat or potty. I felt better by about 7 pm. This morning I work up feeling amazing. I have been doing the Epley maneuvers once a day since Monday and drinking a ton of water so maybe that helped. When I went to see the physical therapist he couldn't exacerbate any symptoms so he thought the exercises were working. I do have an appointment to see him next Thursday just in case I need it. What exacerbated this episode last week Wednesday was reading an email on the computer so he wants me to pay attention to when I am reading and if it continues to exacerbate vertigo symptoms, I will have to be evaluated again because that is a different kind of vertigo. All-in-all it was a good visit because I learned some things.

Before I left for physical therapy I did manage to get in Chair Champions Twist Stretch and Reach Scoop/Oil Wells videos and loved them. I could feel Reach Scoop so much better than when standing and Oil Wells I could feel it right where my back fat at my waist so I will have to keep up with that one.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, you've been through so much! I haven't read all the back history yet so please ignore if this is completely irrelevant. If it turns out that reading or computer screens are a trigger, you could look into a specialized eye doctor that does vision therapy and can see if prism glasses will help. Prism glasses and vision therapy have been amazing for several people I know. https://www.covd.org/

• loosestrife
      loosestrife commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry you had a recurrence! But relieved to hear that it was short-lived, and that it might offer some insight into the problem.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Wishing you al weekend full of rest and recovery. I love those two moves on the chair as well as I can activate the middle better.

I am continuing to discover the Chair Cruisers. Every morning, I do Curl the Core and two kinds of fascia stretches (without video) plus Spiderwoman and sometimes I add BF. Today, I watched and did all the finger moves and the first part of the foot moves. I think that I will add some of the foot moves on lighter days. They really work the legs as well, you feel new muscles awakening.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I feel like summer just ended and here we are, entering the holiday season. I had such a great momentum going all summer and I've felt scattered ever since school started. I'm still working out and usually getting a good night's sleep. But my other personal care is suffering. My daily devotions, journaling, and posting here have really suffered. My goal for the holidays is to make those a priority. Our homeschool co-op takes a 2 month break so I'll have an extra day in my week. Best present ever!

One thing I've done really well this semester: I made a promise to myself that I would be ready for my Monday class by Saturday, at the latest. I've kept that promise to myself and my Sundays have been very relaxing all semester. This is a habit I will continue. It's a wonderful gift to myself.

Ski season starts soon. I'm dropping Figure 8 completely because it really bothers my knees. I thought if I kept it to once a week it would be okay. It's not. So no more Figure 8 until ski season is over.

I've been doing a lot of PPW, SITTM, and TLB. I need to get back in the habit of posting in Habit Formers, lol. I have the habit to workout but not the habit to post. Lol. I've also been using the elliptical and a free weight machines at the Y with my kids.
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, you have been so busy. It is great that you have had nice Sundays. What kind of class do you do on Mondays? What is figure 8? A ski move? What do you prefer doing on PPW?

It's been really interesting to watch my own progress over the past 4 years. Three years ago I did a lot of Target Pop 3 which is segment of TLB floor. Then about a year and a half ago, I started doing TLB floor. This year I can do TLB standing and floor back to back. It's 55 minutes of pretty intense T-Tapp. I'm stronger and have better cardio endurance. A year ago I never could've done both back to back.

My knee pain is almost completely gone after doing that workout. T-Tapp is better than physical therapy.
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to your last four years and all the progress!!

• loosestrife
        loosestrife commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an interesting and valuable benchmark.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome progress! Congrats Lisa.

Wow, ladies!! I am so excited because today I did the whole workout of More 1 for the very first time. Doing the normal PBS and then learning 2 moves with its instructional really helped me. I could do More 1 twice this week even if I did only to TTT on Tuesday. So happy about this progress in the midst of difficult times. On a sick leave until 10 Jan, at least.

Comment

• loosestrife
        loosestrife commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm so glad you're feeling up to doing More. (That sentence works two ways: using "More" as the name of the workout OR just as a common word!)

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Woohoo! congrats dear friend!

Well, I finished my big push with a bang -- yesterday I treated myself to the streaming Monday Morning Retreat Review. Wow! By the end of that I felt completely invigorated and wrung out (in a good way). And then I treated myself to a long, luxurious salt bath. Next week I'll probably rely mostly on short workouts and walking/stepping.

I'll be driving a lot this weekend, since I have to head up this afternoon to our wedding site. That's my honorary aunt's house, usually about a two-hour drive from here. I'll stay overnight and drive back again in the morning, and then tomorrow evening drive into SF and back for a concert -- probably 45 minutes to get there, half an hour back. For me, that's an awful lot of sitting. So I 'm glad I managed to get a good walk in this morning.

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope your whole weekend will be great.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        You can do ribs up, finger moves at red lights, stretching your thumbs when holding the wheel at 4 and 8 o'clock on the wheel, when possible KLT and pushing a heel into the floor for some leg/tummy activation. When you stop driving, you can go out and do the stance for 1 min (some cardio), maybe BF and Spiderwoman - my absolute favourite! Lovely sneaky fits and simple moves.
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 11-09-2019, 10:46 PM.

So nice to see all the updates and progress from all of you this week. I finished a 5K walk a few days ago and did not trigger pains or crash, that is like 3 big wins for me! Never mind it was my slowest personal record, lol. This week became a rest week but it was all worth it. The chair stretches are wonderful as I recovered (as if I ran a marathon!). I can definitely see myself being able to do more and more physical activities as long as allocate several days of rest or at leas slow down. Perhaps I can join my family's longer hikes soon.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to having finished the 5K walk! Great work, GreenGem!!

It has been a rough week yesterday I had to call out from work again due to a bad headache and vertigo/dizziness. Doc says everything checks out great on examination and she is a bit stumped as to why I feel great one day and have a headache and vertigo the next. I will be seeing my neurologist and ENT doctors again for reevaluation just to make sure nothing is missed. I take Zyrtec for my allergies and one of the side effects is dizziness, which I didn't realize until I was trying to figure out WHY this might be happening. So, today, I did not take the Zyrtec to see if it alleviates the headaches and some of the dizziness. I think I found an alternative for my sinuses so we will see. I feel pretty good today headwise. I refuse to be defeated.

I managed to do Chair Champions Lat Pulls & Combo and TTwist/Pull the Weeds...WOW hello lats. I had trouble making it through all the arm moves for Lat Pulls but it just means I need to work on that some more. I am loving these Chair workouts since I can't really lay on the floor.
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        <<hugs>> you are strong and inspiring. It seems you are peeling the layers bit by bit and hopefully you get to the core soon. So glad you are still able to fit in a few moves without making your vertigo worst.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        You are so brave, Alisa. The chair moves are wonderful and doable. I am so thankful for what Trisch has put together and thank you for having encouraged me to purchase the package!!
    Working...
    X