6 Weeks to a New You! Sept 9 - Sept 15 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Sept 9 - Sept 15 - Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!

A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

I did 4 days of my 7 to 14 day bootcamp of OIPHF, LB, CC, AL. I do these moves in addition to whatever else I might be doing, but on some days, it's *just* those. I am amazed how well this debulking sequence works and so thankful that we have it available. Teresa truly was a genius in developing all of these!!

Been drinking more water but cutting back in the evening to avoid nighttime bathroom visits, and that helps a lot. And I am using my small hand held foam roller on my thighs daily, I believe it makes a difference in appearance of cellulite.

Our new mattress is a Sleep Number. It was half off on Labor Day sale which was a lucky thing as I had my mind made up to buy one regardless. I also have a new pillow. According to the sleep tracker that the mattress has, I sleep soundly. But I think I would like to get more hours. On average, on workdays, I get 5:30 to 6:30 hours max. And that's even when I am in bed before 10pm.

I started following Stephan Guyenet's "Ideal Weight Program" in which he teaches about simple food diet, lean maintenance diet, and a host of other health related aspects. It's also a great tracker for workouts, sleep, weight etc. I know it's not super recommended to use a scale, but I like to weigh myself once a week or so while being fully aware of the pros and cons of doing so. I did lose 1kg (2.2 pounds) since I started. What is the most interesting thing about the simple food approach is that I am naturally consuming less calories while still feeling satisfied after each meal. I also eat 3 meals a day, which turns out the easiest thing for me to do as I can eat smaller meals that are easier to digest. Mentally I don't create some unconscious "panic" that I will have to wait a long period before eating my next meal either. I still end up having a certain amount of time restricted feeding between last meal of the day and next meal (~12 to 14 hours).

Comment

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa,

Yes, those are on the Debulk DVD, except AL. LB = Ladybug, and I mean just the move, not the whole workout. CC = crab claws, one of my favorites. AL = awesome legs, deceptively simple. As far as I know, AL is just one move. You lie on your back, arms tripod, legs 90 degrees up in the air. Point toes, bend right leg, back up, bend left leg, back up, then alternate each side fast for 8 reps. Do the same but with flexed feet. Then you kind of do a ballerina thing where you criss cross your straight legs 3 times, then bring them down with ankles touching, knees bending outwards and then use leverage activation along the ankles as you press legs back up. It's tough!

I think AL is on the skin brushing DVD? The DVD it's on also has this funny move called Jog Rocks I believe.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      AnnaLee,

Wow, you had the same idea as me! I think those moves are just perfect and fast and effective. Today was day 4 and I already can tell the slimming and toning. Love it!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I love those beds. Our pair of 19 year old twin size are still functional, and they have survived several moves. I still keep them for guests, much comfortable than the inflatables.

Aurora reminded me that even the short workouts in the More program are important so today I did More 1 Chair with my DD moves before my workout. I will do my DD moves again before bed tonight. Because of learning activation better in More 2, I was able to activate really good during More 1 Chair. My muscles are definitely talking to me right now...in a good way.

I need to get in the habit of doing my DD moves at least twice, if not 3x. (Morning, before my workout, before bed). I think it is really helping my back.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 09-09-2019, 12:45 PM.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 4 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Bachelors in Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      So true! old faves keep changing as we learn new techniques or our body gets better at activation. It so good ayj67 never tires of reminding us that.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, and can you tell me what DD is? Is it Diva Derrier?

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      JohannaRegina No, it is Trisch's (BlessedMama) Defeating Diastasis Recti course. I only had a small gap, which is now almost all the way closed, but I am learning so much about my core and how to get the best benefit there with my workouts.

I am going to concentrate on More 1 at least during the first weeks of these new 6 weeks. Trisch's post from about 2 weeks ago and one of Ayj's posts about More made me want to go back to the start, so to say. I am enclosing the link to the post that I wrote in Dec 2018 and Ayj's reply.

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/gener...-instructional

After having done a normal PBS and then 2 moves from More 2 instructional, I have decided to learn More 1 thoroughly. I started yesterday and wow how sweaty I get doing these few moves with SF activation, about 13 min. I do them as soon as I wake up. I think that I understand better quite a number of Ayj's and Trisch's posts.

Ayj, I hope that you read this: More 1 is *not* easy!!

I am experiencing many challenges in my family right now, but I am coping day after day. I am finding a rhythm in my work at school and taking the needed time for rest.

Happy new 6 weeks to all of you!!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, GreenGem.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      It is amazing how you can go back to something you think is "too easy for you now" (or that you didn't really like in the past) and have GREAT activation with it and actually learn something new and feel great doing it again!! I love it!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I am really happy about it too! The only thing is that I prefer the MORE 2 PBS with the leg bending hands on the pockets and TTT there isn't any "going down on the side." I am even thinking about doing the SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS before the More 1 moves, we will see...

I realized I did not log my wo last week well but I know I was consistent all week with learning R/S and using Floor&Chair Core Ffocus moves from Beautiful basics to manage my back. I have new resolve to keep strengthening my core this month, my saddlebags are jealous they have not received much attention lately.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great consistency! I'm laughing at your jealous body parts!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      They're tagging along and getting their wo too =D

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats for being consistent, GreenGem!

Hello everyone. I've been working out but life has been very busy. I'm going to post here more often because I really love the friendship here.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
    Last edited by Soliloquy72; 09-10-2019, 01:23 AM. Reason: Typo
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you GreenGem ! We had a great day today! So far we're off to a great start!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, so nice to "see" you here too.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I really love the friendships here as well...helps keep me sane on those days I DONT want to workout and just want to cry!! (Thankfully, that isn't lately)

Forgot to mention that all my summer shorts and capri pants are quite loose! They don't fall off but I can pull them down without unbuttoning them. I've been watching what I eat but still having a few treats now and then. My husband says I look a lot thinner than the beginning of summer.

I also ordered a second pair of new shoes. The ones I bought last week hurt my right foot and leg but not the left. I can't return them, either. Oh well. I can use them in the garden. As long as I don't wear them for too long they're okay.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, that is a lovely sign! I don't measure very often so clothes are my best signs of one or two lost inches.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!! I stopped weighing all together...have no clue. I was planning on measuring every week, but said forget it and will measure Oct 1 or 2nd...maybe. I am waiting for my pants to be more loose...it is coming...I can tell there are changes but I cannot pinpoint. My daughter and fiance are noticing a difference "something is different" but not exactly sure what. I think my waist is shifting to the front...maybe to make that final purge. That would be nice. I am definitely less bloated!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, also waiting for my trousers.

I am very busy during this school start and I have lots of classes to prepare, but I try to find a rhythm where I rest enough. Cleaning is getting behind right now and it is ok. I am very much enjoying to do the More moves, nice and sweaty mornings.

So joyful to see this thread active!!

Comment

School started this morning. I am taking a break today and enjoying some peace and quiet! I than plan to start with a move or 2. My friend and I do accountability lists, and we both have exercise on ours. I get derailed when I end up helping in field, or it suddenly is going to rain and have piles of potatoes to dig, or the sun is finally shining and I have hours of lawn to mow. Or perennials to move. The list goes on and on. I am thinking of getting up earlier and doing a couple moves before breakfast, but getting up is not my favorite time of day, and neither is exercise! So I have to come up with the rest of my plan yet.

Its cloudy and damp, day after day. I'm still hoping to stain our decks this year. I also have a short retaining wall to build, as soon as the rains disappear. And we still have all our crops out there, waiting for the elusive sunshine!

Comment

Today I did the second half of More 2 Workout with Berei and Teresa beginning with PBS and continuing from Box to Balance - minus the HDs. I was quite sweaty when I finished. The first half was easier than the second half because the moves are slightly different than what I have been doing. The only part that I am a little confused about is TTT which hand on top and holding the thumb. I am ok until I go to do the reach down the side of the leg part then I feel like my hands are not in the right position. BlessedMama ayj67

I also completed my DD moves when I got up, before my workout, and plan to do them again before I go to be. MCB is giving me a bit of a fit but I think it is because I am doing it with more awareness so it seems harder to squish.
        Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 09-10-2019, 04:34 PM.
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, some of my squishy parts are so stubborn. Hooray for your sweaty wo!

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Alisa, if I remember well the More 2 workout with Berei and Teresa was the pre-version of SF. I hope that someone can tell me if I am right or wrong...!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee You are correct. Trisch answered my question...I'm not sure where...here or on her FB page maybe.

That is why I feel the activation so much more in this one.

I was able to follow along PBS through Plie Zip in the Call video (Beautiful Basics First Step 1&2), pausing as needed. No pain or spasms just sore abs!

In a way, being forced to slow down like this and having to read and re-read the videos allowed me to work from the ground up again. I discovered details that I have overlooked or maybe forgotten. Now, I can now focus on them again. For example, my right shoulder's range of motion is still less than my left so I have to be be mindful of my arms position and such.
        As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          That is so good, GreenGem. I also learn from watching the videos "from the beginning."

Today, I did More 1: PBS and then Lunges and Balance. I am repeating myself, but I am sure that I do the Lunges much better with the instructional. Every "quick" workout move is hard for me to get done properly and certainly with full activation. It may be a question of habit, too, of course.

Comment

• JohannaRegina
          JohannaRegina commented
          Editing a comment
          AnnaLee, I recently actually started talking to myself in my head when I do my T Tapp moves, a little bit like Teresa talks along during the moves. I feel like this does help with the neurokinetic activation and focus on form. So, I can relate to your feeling of doing better with the instructional!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear a lot of people like the instructionals better than the workouts. I like them too, but am impatient so cannot stand how long they are, but when only doing a few moves, I would agree that the instructional is better, easier to concentrate on proper activation.

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          If Teresa does the move too fast for me, then I do half her reps in that same amount of time. If she does 8, I do 4. It's not easier (as you know!) and it helps me do it properly.

I didn't want to, but I made myself and so glad I did. When I got home tonight from work (yes, just about an hour ago) I got myself together and did More 2 Broom and Stepping...two short and sweets. I also did my CF/DD moves (fab 4) once today before my workout.

I am officially on vacation, but it is going to be a crazy few days and weekend. We are going to a concert Thursday night (tonight) to see King Crimson, my fiances most favorite band. We saw them last year and they were amazing. I love all the instruments. Then I am off just because until we leave for the beach next Wednesday for a few days.

I will be here checking in because I will still be doing my workouts/movement! I have to make myself exercise when I get up in the morning so that I don't procrastinate and then cannot fit it in.
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hava a great vacation! I am so happy for you and your fiancé that you have time off now. How funny! I am here checking in before my morning moves and I thought that would do More 1 PBS and then one or two of the short workouts! I'll tell you later what I did.

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy vacay and enjoy the concert!

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you did it! Happy vacation!

I ended up doing More 1 PBS and then the Broom workout from More 1. I had never watched it and I learnt new things! So nice and sweaty, fit for my day!

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool! You just gave me the inspiration to try Broom from More 1 today.

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenGem I LOVE LOVE LOVE the broom workouts. The 18 min one on Broom 2 is awesome for upper body.

Today I did More 2 workout with Berei and Teresa from the beinning through JT and my CF/DD moves. I had some trouble with JT though...my brain just was not connected and I realized when you do the straighten leg part that I am pushing on the same hip when it should be the opposite...Good gravy. So, this one is going to take some time to get straight.

I am excited to be going to a concert tonight. When I got up this morning I tried my jeans on (ya know in hopes they would be loose) and they were a smidge better. I went through my morning, worked out and they are so tight now UGH!! I really need to see some results in weight loss...not a lot, just enough to make things snot so snug.
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Tell us what you thought about the concert!!

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          The concert was AWESOME! We saw them two years ago also, but they always have a new set list so it's different songs. It was great. This isn't really my style, but I love all the instruments. The guys in the group are all mid to late 50's through mid 70's and so talented. Three drum kits with three seperate drummers. One of the drummers also plays keyboard and one of the guitarists plays keyboards as well. The guy that plays horns plays sax, flute, and clarinet. It is just really neat to see them switch up their instruments through the different songs. And the theatres they play in are always beautiful!!
      Working...
      X