Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power of Consistency

Motivation.

I've seen a lot of posts/questions about this lately. Sometimes it IS hard to push play! I deal with hypothyroidism and adrenal issues, and while they are slowly healing, I have many days where I lack energy in the mornings, and that's my best time to exercise. You will see me often say to do a few moves each day. That comes from my own experience! Some days that's all I can get in.

Same goes with eating changes. We tend to do the flash in the pan big overhaul and then fizzle out, or we slowly plug away and when we don't see the results as quickly as we would like, our motivation evaporates.

I had one client that lost 4 sizes in 6 months. She did two to three moves on average of 4 days a week and curled her core every day. One particularly busy month she only got the three moves a day in 7 days out of the entire month! But the consistent activation paid off and finally showed up on the outside!

If you don't know my story, I lost 8 sizes over a period of three years before my mom unexpectedly died. I gained back a few of those sizes and then lost them over the next year or so. I went on to lose a few more sizes getting down to a size 4, which was TOO small for my frame. That wasn't intentional, it was because I didn't listen to my body and its needs for more carbs while doing a gut healing protocol. I lost muscle and I was not well. It's one of the reasons I really don't like my trainer picture.

Once I realized what was going on and corrected my eating, I came back up to an 8/10. That's what I like to hang out! ????However, menopause, husband going through open heart surgery 3 years ago, coupled with stress eating put a few more sizes on.

Which brings me to the story of the pictures. The picture on the right was taken 6 months ago. I am a size 14 at 175 lb in that picture. In April I started making small changes to my eating. As far as workouts, I maybe got one a week in for sure, sometimes two. Lots of 2 to 3 moves in or a client session here and there. NO strenuous long workouts! And as far as my eating, I didn't make huge changes--when I say small baby steps, I mean itty bitty baby steps!

The picture on the left was taken last week. The first thing I noticed was how my face shows that there's a decrease in the inflammation in my body. Second thing I noticed is I am slimmer! Even with the difference in shirts, it's obvious to see that I have lost. I am a combo bordering on short torso and it usually takes 20-22 inches for me to lose a size.

In last week's picture, I am still a size 14, still at 175 pounds, and I've lost a total of 11 and 7/8 inches.

Do you see why I say the scales are NOT a good measurement of what's going on? And sometimes, neither is the tag on your clothing or even the measuring tape! Pictures don't lie! You will see inch loss in places that you don't normally measure. You will see a decrease in inflammation in your face. You will see muscle definition. You will see better posture. And yes, you will see that in spite of NO size or pounds lost, things have rearranged!

And that came with six months of consistency. Consistently curling my core, zipping up my abs, getting my ribs up. Walking with good posture. Small *baby* changes to my eating.

Instead of worrying about what workout to do, how often to work out, what eating plan to follow, what supplements to take--pick one or two things and do them WELL, and do them CONSISTENTLY.

Teresa always said, "Consistency is the key to success." And I believe her!

The proof is in the pictures!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190821_094106.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	45265

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Both are beautiful. Without the picture on the left, I would not notice the inflammation on the right just your T-Tapp waist. Long time Tappers have a defined waist and great posture, imho.

You are so right about using pictures to help see the big picture beyond the scales, clothing size and measuring tape. You look great to begin with but the changes after just 6 months of consistency are definitely amazing and worth celebrating.*\o/*
    Last edited by GreenGem; 09-01-2019, 08:44 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

Thanks for this! Especially helpful for someone who's not seeing size change, but keeping up the Ttapp for its other benefits and hoping for visible change in the long run.

Comment

I keep going back to this post this week. Yep, it motivates me to practice zip, ribs up and core focus moves daily.
        As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

I agree with GreenGem that I wouldn't have noticed the inflammation in the pic on the right. Thank you for this BlessedMama I needed this. I just cannot seem to stay consistent. I mean well, I really do. Everytime I take a class, join a BC or a challenge, but do not keep up with it. I need to get to where I feel like I cannot go a day without some sort of TT move(s) even if it is just the CFF moves (which I have fallen off that wagon too). It has got to become soemthing that I do every day no matter what, like brushing my teeth.

Thank you for this, thank you for being here for all of us. I would not be TTapping still if it wasn't for you, Anna Lee, Emerald, Aurora, Lisa...and everyone else here! Anna Lee is right that this is the best group ever and if I could pick just one to be consistent in, it would be this forum.
          Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
          T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
          Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
          Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• GreenGem
            GreenGem commented
            Editing a comment
            <3 <3 <3 You motivate us, too, Alisa! <3 <3 <3

• AlisaJDrury
            AlisaJDrury commented
            Editing a comment
            GreenGem Awww thank you!! You definitely motivate me!! XX

Yes! I see it! I look right under the eyes and along the jaw line when I'm looking for inflammation.

As far as size, your waist and your arms are much slimmer and healthy looking!

I'm also a combo and I haven't lost a size in 2 years. But I definitely look different and those clothes I've been wearing for 2 years fit somuch better now. Even better, I feel better now.

I used to have an all or nothing mindset, too. When I listened to Teresa's personal profile seminar and how our ethnic heritage might be influencing inflammation, I figured that since I can't go dairy free, there's no point in cutting back. I was wrong! I'm about half German so I simply cut back on dairy. I am much firmer in my upper arms and along my jaw line. I do not have any digestive issues with dairy but just cutting back reduced my inflammation and I think I look healthier.

Right now I'm a loose size 12 and about 198 lbs. I'd like to get to a loose 10 but any smaller than that and I don't look healthy. I'm happy at a loose 12, too. People tell me I look healthier now, at age 46, than I did in my 30s and I think they're right. I practice moderation now. I do get a lot of exercise because I love to exercise, indoors and out, and it's a huge stress reliever (lots of family stress, lots of health and mental health issues). Exercise is one of a few things I do for myself.

Consistency has been life changing for me. I first started T-Tapp in 2010 but if be consistent for a few months then stop for a few months. Over and over. The Habit Formers thread really helped me. Now I track my eating and exercise in a few apps plus I still log in Habit Formers. The little daily rituals are anchoring for me. It's so easy to let life's demands sweep away the things that keep my healthy. But I've learned to take the time do them.

One thing that really helps me is to just do the workout that appeals to me that day. I used to feel guilty for doing so many stepping workouts because it didn't feel like "real" T-Tapp. Or I'd get on a roll with floor workouts and then feel guilty than I wasn't doing standing. Once in awhile I'll push myself to do a workout I don't feel like doing (if my back is tight, for example) but most days I just do the workout that feels like the most fun. Lately I've been doing SITTM and PPW. I want to go through First Steps again but I'm not going to skip a workout day. If I just can't work myself up to facing First Steps, I'll do a favorite.

In winter, I'll often watch a movie with my husband while doing SATI from memory. Or I'll just do T-Tapp stepping without any arms. It all adds up over time to a healthier mind, body, and spirit!
          Lisa. 46 years old.
          Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
          T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Working...
          X