X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dms67a
    started a topic 6 Weeks to a New You! Aug 12 - Aug 18 - Wk 3

6 Weeks to a New You! Aug 12 - Aug 18 - Wk 3

Welcome to week 3 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

• Anna Lee
    replied
    My husband & I are going on a 5 day-holiday in the mountains from Wed until Sat. We are so happy about that and have no real plans besides relaxing and enjoying the nature, good food and enjoy this time away. I have been able to do lots of school prep so I can travel with a calm mind. I have noticed that we are stronger than we think, sometimes. I believe that both T-tapping and sketching are helping me to use relaxed concentration in areas of my life. I do think that certain cognitive patterns are changing slowly but surely. So thankful for that.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Lee
    commented on 's reply
    Ayj, you are doing so well!

GreenGem, so good that you are able to manage and increase your activities slowly.

• GreenGem
    commented on 's reply
    How wonderful that you are able to keep up with your 15 minute commitment on top of your full week, and, I'm guessing you got to enjoy your sis' company, too.

I'm doing better at managing and increasing my activities slowly. I do still tend to forget to move carefully when there's no pain.

• ayj67
    replied
    I had a full week of training and my older sister is in town after attending her week long training meeting in Southern California. I did my min 15 mins workout commitment! Thanks Donna, how are you doing? Green Gem, how about you?

Leave a comment:

• BlessedMama
    commented on 's reply
    That's great, GreenGem! Alignment and activation are always the 2 keys--for inch loss, rehab and strengthening!

• Anna Lee
    commented on 's reply
    Just like me

• GreenGem
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Anna Lee! Taking it one day at a time ...

• Anna Lee
    replied
    This morning, I did SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS and I will be doing them every morning for the coming week.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Lee
    commented on 's reply
    Great work, GreenGem!

• Anna Lee
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, GreenGem.

• Soliloquy72
    commented on 's reply
    @GrewnGem that's perfect! It's simply 61 days to honor Teresa and how she lived her life. She was always encouraging others, always giving.

• GreenGem
    replied
    Last week: 1-Min T-Tapp Walking & Fascia Stretches several times a day
    This week: Floor Core Focus*, 1-Min T-Tapp Walking & Fascia Stretches as needed
    * I used to take the first few minutes of this floor video for granted. Now I make sure I use the strategies to protect my back as I get down to the lying position on the floor.

Tomorrow, I will try to add bits from Barre Warm-up

Update: The first 8 minutes in the Barre Warm-up (Beautiful Basics First Step 1&2) feels good. Trisch shows how to start out gently and the overall guidance on proper form does protect and stabilize my back. I only stretch far enough to feel it and relieve tightness, so far I have not triggered more pain.

Update 2: She does teach how to protect the back! I slowed down the video, this time I did not miss the specific mentions on protecting the back. Sorry BlessedMama , I dunnno how I could miss that. It goes without saying, read the videos/dvd and read often.
    Last edited by GreenGem; 08-17-2019, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenGem
    commented on 's reply
    I will join that as well even though it will overlap with my current 60 day recovery challenge. For the 61 days challenge I will focus on other aspects of healing - diet and grace + gratitude all of which she has inspired me.

• GreenGem
    commented on 's reply
    Keep it up! I love hearing good news. Sending you and your hubby prayers <3
Working...
X