How does T-Tapp help with pain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does T-Tapp help with pain?

Hello: Summer has been busy for my family, so many things happened from happy to sad. I am grateful that I have been more present with them compared to even the start of this year. I have been able to manage pain and other discomforts even if I am only doing a move a day and then some. I am guessing that my 4 months of very consistent T-Tapping (mostly chair moves) before this summer break healed something in me.

But how? I would like to try to understand better so I can share better. My guesses are:
    1) more improvement in posture/alignment of my upper body - chair moves allowed me to focus on my ribs up and such
    2) more efficient healing of undiagnosed fascia injuries as my form and activation improved
    3) less inflammation because I am able to move more overall with better posture and alignment
    4) improved ability to relax body allows me to release tension/tightness more quickly even after heightened stress response to trauma triggers
    5) better eating habits + no longer comfort eating big time
    6) more positive outlook

Any thoughts?

Warmly,
    GreenGem

As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Less inflammation is the biggest one but I agree with all your points. Most of the common pain relievers work by reducing inflammation. Ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin are all NSAIDs, non-steroidal anti inflammatory drug.

The moves in T-Tapp actually flush out inflammation as you do them. Teresa said it was like a squeegee for your muscles. Conventional exercise can do many of the things in your list but will temporarily increase inflammation because it doesn't use the whole muscle from insertion to insertion.

Also, all exercise helps move lymph but T-Tapp moves it even more than conventional exercise and is especially focused on the muscles closest to your lymph nodes to keep them flushed and clear. Your lymph removes cellular waste which can be a source of inflammation.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Lisa, I think I have a clearer picture in my head how T-Tapp works for pain. I appreciate your input.

In a twist of faith, I am dealing with pain after a rear-ender last Saturday. I was looking forward to getting back on my More 2 and BBFF track but many bending movements are uncomfortable right now. The fascia stretches (no bending) are okay and seems helpful as long as I'm careful and do it slowly. I'll keep taking it one day at a time. I was so ready to leave my days of pain... I will keep reminding myself that I am better prepared and better equipped to face this new pain challenge.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, it is on my wish list, and now it is time to get it! Thank for reminding me about First Step. I'm glad you were able to attend the retreat and get some relief there!

• Jessi
      Jessi commented
      Editing a comment
      After Aurora's recommendation, I knew my next TTapp workout had to be First Step. Just did the first one. The sweat was beading and dripping and I feel great. I will have to do it again tomorrow, but I can tell it is helping me heal.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      In my last pregnancy I had severe SPD, pubis symphysis dysfunction. It was very painful. I was mostly doing SATI and BWO+ and it was helping but I still had pain. Then Teresa released a trial of First Steps (2016) and within 2 days my pain was reduced by 90%. And I could only do 20-30 minutes of it! I love that workout. I need to do it again.

Conventional wisdom says that there is nothing that will reduce pain with SPD except having the baby. The focus is on keeping it from getting worse. I proved them wrong.

I'm just coming on to agree with what everyone else is saying. I was having some pain coming into the TTapp retreat this last weekend, too, and I'd say that TTapp helped me with it by protecting me...when I was in stance, I generally felt no pain, and the last workout that really stretched fascia, I could feel more of it being released. I didn't know enough to seek out Margie...I'll know better next time!

It's interesting though, because of the pain, I was able to connect with others and released some emotional junk I didn't even know I was holding on to. It ended up being a very healing experience, and I am now thankful for that pain because of the people and their wisdom it brought into my life.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I agree there is something about addressing physical pain that also address emotional junk, Perhaps that is what I am going through right now. I am thankful that T-Tapp is helping me so much in different ways.

• ayj67
      ayj67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, somatic is involved in fasica too. My sister Asenath is an advanced cranial sacral therapist and she also does somatic release when she does cranial sacral fascial release. The emotional burden and scar we held on viscerally is also embedded at the plasma at the fascia. 3 years ago, after a 3 year long stressful project, I was in serious pain (way worse than this last episode). When she did my full body scan for blockages, she also did somatic releases for things happen 45 years ago. T-Tapp workout is one of the modality that we can do on our own when we have no access to outside help like Margie or my sister.

Good to hear all the successes! I am hoping to to start Beautiful Basics First Steps 1 & 2 soon. Right now The fascia stretches and the zip from previous classes have been helping my back. I alternate sitting, standing and lying down versions throughout the day. I have added T-Tapp walking, a minute or so at a time. AS long as I am moving slowly I seem to be okay. My accupuncture session yesterday also quieted down the electric current + hot sensations on my spine. My PCP recommended anti-inflammatory diet, so I'm on Wahl's diet, and working my way to Walh's Paleo. I have these supplements for stress support and inflammation - alfalfa, Vit C (liposomal), glutatathione (reduced), turmeric, RelaxMax(magnesium, GABA, Taurine, L-theanine) and MCT oil. Fortunately, no other otc or prescription pain meds.

Comment

Working...
    X