6 Weeks to a New You! July 29 - Aug 4 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! July 29 - Aug 4 - Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!

A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hello everyone!

I just finished Tempo Lower Body standing. I haven't done that workout in at least 7 years! (And 7 years ago I didn't know nearly as much as I know now about activation and form.) I've done the floor portion a lot in recent years but not standing. It was really good. I don't usually like the tempo workouts because I prefer to do slower reps but this one had a good pace. And it had a lot of stretching at the end which is very challenging for me. But I really need it.

I got to swim in a waterfall today! It was so fun and exhilarating. There are pictures on my Instagram, link in my signature.

Tomorrow we may go blueberry picking. I really should dig holes to plant trees but ugh, I'm tired of that kind of work. One of these days I'll just do it

How is everyone?

Who's going to the retreat?
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lisa! I am doing well. Good to hear from you again. I have never been into dancing too much, but maybe I would enjoy it more now. I am not going to the retreat, but maybe one of these years..... I am impressed that you got the Tempo Lower Body STANDING done! I think I have that DVD, will check it out when I get a chance. I also have been doing more floor exercises, I just love them so much.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last summer I did lots of floor workouts, including Tempo Lower Body floor. That is THE hardest floor workout, imo, not including Critter Crunch. It leaves me feeling like jelly!

I just saw that Trainer Jen will be teaching a session at the retreat combining T-Tapp with Figure 8 Fitness. Figure 8 is the Latin dance program I've been doing. Now I really wish I could be there! Figure 8 is hard on my knees, though, even when I try my hardest to use T-Tapp techniques. I really have to limit how often I do it and I have to use magnesium balm and my FasciaBlaster after I do it. But it's really fun. Please come back and share what you thought of it!
    Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

Good Morning, I have found my way back here. I have trouble with constituency. I am committing to checking in everyday with my workouts. Do we post extras, like walking or dancing (zumba) on here?

I filled out the chart this morning, but am wondering about goals. I have an idea about setting a weight goal, but how do you set a measurement goal?

Comment

• JohannaRegina
        JohannaRegina commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi and Welcome! Just post whatever you wanna talk about in terms of your goals and what you are doing. Which kinds of T Tapp workouts do you have and/or do?

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome back! We post whatever is on our minds. It doesn't even have to be related to fitness. We're all here to encourage one another.

This is just me but I like to set goals of achieving a sustainable lifestyle. For example, a goal of 3 workouts a week. Being in bed by 11 pm. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Etc.

I found that when I do that, the inch loss happens over time and I'm not worried about it creeping back.

• BabaV
        BabaV commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I am really glad to be here, and am making it a priority to respond every morning. So in the evening, I will do something, so that I don't have to say I did nothing. Yesterday along with some stepping, I did 2 sets of hoedowns.

I have a number of dvds. I started with TTMore and then left it all by the wayside. I am starting back with that, although because of back issues, don't think I should do anything that bends side to side. I have a couple of slipped discs, bulging discs, and stenosis, all in the L2 - 5 range.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's 8:30 and I haven't done my workout yet. I did take a walk. I'm not sure what workout I want to do. Maybe SITTM.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

I ended up doing TBT Standing. That was my go to workout in 2016. I lost a lot of inches that year! Doing it tonight made me realize how long it's been since I did T-Tapp Twist (besides yesterday). I've been doing T-Tapp Twist stretch without the dips.

Also, my cardio endurance has improved a lot since I used to do this workout in 2016. I used to have to take water breaks after every move to catch my breath. Tonight I only took water breaks when I was thirsty. It's nice to go back to an old favorite and notice those kinds of things.

I think tomorrow I want to do Barefoot Basic. I offered to loan it to a friend and I want to do it before I mail it off.

So excited for everyone who's traveling tomorrow!
        Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Just a short post, I am going to try getting back on track thanks to Trisch's Chair Champions. I have been doing my morning moves this week except on Tuesday. I only sleep about 5 hours a night. We are coming back home after my mamma's funeral yesterday.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
            Soliloquy72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Anna Lee, I'm so very sorry you lost your mother. Gentle hugs and prayers to you.

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lisa, thank you.

Popping up this thread.

Comment

Hello Ladies. I am working slowly to going back to 3 moves a session eod, mini broom/walking or HDs in-between. The Tribute to Teresa Retreat is motivating me.Wishing all attendees and us here in the 6 Week Challenge a good and fulfilling week.
            Last edited by GreenGem; 08-02-2019, 02:10 AM.
            As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

My workouts are not consisting of T-Tapp these days, but of outside work.

My SIL and family were here for a week and she is a workaholic like me, so we got a lot accomplished! We are almost finished with landscaping finally! BIL and DH put a beautiful step around our new ground level deck as it was just a bit high for older people to step up. We landscaped under and around our upper deck, with brick and stones. Then built a couple flower beds with landscaping brick. SIL trimmed up our whole back yard and weeded my new tree. Than they got inspired to lay the new brick patio that I had spent my 40th birthday money on. Its not quite finished. We had to build part of it up with fresh dirt, so we are waiting for it to settle. Than it will need a short retaining wall to finish it off. Most of these bricks I found used, some online and some DH bought at an auction. Oh, and we also weeded garden, and SIL helped DD paint the bathroom! We all agreed it was the perfect vacation.
              The men helped us all too, and even enjoyed it. Thats been my exercise, I guess.

Its been a very cool year. We are starting to worry a bit that the crops will not get ready. We could have frost in a couple weeks and they are still green.

Comment

I am continuing to do my morning moves. I am planning to go back on track by doing Chair Champions as soon as I can. I forgot my password...

Comment

• GreenGem
                  GreenGem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry for your loss Anna Lee. I hope you and your family finds comfort in one another.

I am modifying my goals. I am unsure right now but I promise to take it one day at a time.

Update: I will be exploring First Steps! Thanks ayj67
                Last edited by GreenGem; 08-06-2019, 12:11 PM.
                As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

Working...
                X