6 Weeks to a New You! July 8 - July 14- Wk 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! July 8 - July 14- Wk 4

.Welcome to week 4 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

I worked out this morning Yay! Not as soon as I got up, but shortly thereafter. I am continuing my regular routine of DD moves, 1st 12 min of TFFS, which went so much better today since I was relaxed and not rushed, and four moves from More 2. I do need to focus a little better when doing TFFS, but I implemented Trisch's suggestions and it went better. I am really likeing focusing in on my core while doing the moves from More 2. I still lose my core a lot because I am not paying attention. Hopefully by the beginning of September that will be a true habit.

Now, I want to go take a nap, but I have school work today.

xx
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do it, Alisa!

Gym time yesterday. I always do at least one T Tapp move when I am in the gym, usually it's PBS, but yesterday I did AL.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Good work! I have still not learnt to do AL.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      I love AL because it's quick and super effective. I like to many of her floor, debulking moves.

After today's of driving, I had quite a tense neck/back so even if it was hot this afternoon, I chose to do some HHMM. Lovely "lats activation"! I manage to relax my neck much better while doing the moves now too.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      This is AWESOME!! I love HHMM!

I was just not feeling it today...very tired. I had my first REAL hot flash yesterday...not cool! I have had them before but they were mild compared to this one. I thought I was having an allergic reaction, it was awful. I am not sure if that is why I am feeling tired and punky, but I did my DD moves this morning and will do them again before bed, but that is it for today.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh so sorry about that, Alisa. Do try the Form tips from HHMM some day.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I can watch them this weekend.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear about the hot flash. I have never had a REAL one, but I can imagine how aweful it must feel.

I am thinking about which DVDs I will be bringing with me on holiday, probably PPW, HHMM and More 2, just for the PBS. Morning moves today and I will see what to do this afternoon. We are having waffles for our main meal at lunch...Some stepping maybe if it isn't too hot.

I am really starting to unwind now and relax, it feels great to wake up and think that I have no musts. We will be enjoying the fresh air at the mountains soon. I hope that we will be able to hike a couple of times.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Your trip is going to be amazing, so well deserved and so well needed. I hope you have a fabulous time. Take the workouts that you absolutely adore so that you will do them...that is what I would do. Glad you have been consisent with your morning and afternoon schedules.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, Alisa! Ops, I just read this and I didn't do the morning moves and nothing this afternoon. Now, it is too hot to do anything...

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a really great time you're having! Nothing compares to fresh, clean air and nature.

Last night I did PBS, OIPHF, LB, CC, extended stretching (ouch!!), and AL. I think I will try to get more of those moves in on my non-gym days.

Still need to drink more water.

Had my hair done Tuesday and am struggling with the result. It always grows.... but hmmmm..... hopefully in 2 weeks it'll look and feel more natural, usually takes about that time.
    Last edited by JohannaRegina; 07-12-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work! I always think that my hair will grow quickly when I am not happy with a hair cut.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea! Actually I like it now, it just took one more wash and a slightly different angle for blow drying

Today - I did my DD moves and first 12 min of TFFS Floor. Having trouble with the second stretch but trying to look at it as a challenge to get over this hurdle. Trisch is helping me so that is good! I really didn't want to finish, but I made myself. I will do my DD moves again when I get home tonight before bed. I am going to work on the TFFS stretches more over the weekend and look at HHMM. I hope everyone is having a fabulous ending to the week.

I also want to look at some more videos for DD that I haven't looked at yet or practiced. The DD program and TFFS seems to be enough for me right now. If I get a few moves from more in EOD I am happy with that.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 07-12-2019, 10:14 PM.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, great work, Alisa!

Finally, we have decided to stay at home and unwind this week. Another factor is that our mothers do both have a poor health right now. My mamma is even hospitalized and I will be able to keep in touch easier with her if we don't leave (no wifi...) I am so happy that we will be staying at home. I have started to relax and feel how tired I am, but sitting in my garden is my most important activity right now. From Monday, I will go back to regular cleaning and some T-tapp...

We will only be leaving from next Sunday, 21 until 28 July, staying 7 days instead of 5 days at that place in the mountains.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      So you are going to the mountains or you are not? I am glad you are feeling relaxed and enjoying your garden. I need a house so I can have a garden...heck I would like to just have my own back yard or porch to sit on.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      We will be going to the mountains from 21 until 28 July.

Yesterday I was feeling defeated by my stretches and Trisch reminded me that it isn't defeat, it is modification while you work on your moves. I LOVE her!! BlessedMama

So today, it went much better, probably just coincidental that things are untightening but nevertheless, I was able to stretch out all the way on the bad side. I need to work on the 3rd stretch sequence because I listen, lift and lower, but am not completely present LOL Her voice lulls me a bit.

So today's sequence included my Fab 4 DD moves, 1st 3 stretches on TFFS and BROOM walking (digital). I feel GREAT and I am sure my lats will be pleasantly sore later on.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; Yesterday, 09:51 AM.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad that it went better, Alisa!

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Mindset is over half the battle! Yay you!

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      I so agree with Trisch that mindset is over half the battle! And it always seems easier to feel "defeated" than to have a positive angle. I was actually just thinking the other day, maybe we will never be able to be happy with those parts of our bodies that we struggle with as long as we don't fully appreciate those parts of our bodies, that are looking or working great. For example, I think I have pretty darn amazing abs. But I often take them for granted and only mope about my upper thighs, even though I have made major improvements there, it's just never "good enough". Silly!
      Last edited by JohannaRegina; Today, 12:06 PM.

I worked the last three days, and the first two evenings after coming home I actually did the Debulk series of OIPHF, LB, CC, and extended stretching. I also did AL. Great moves to do, so lymphatic and I really love the non-weight bearing moves. Today is gym day again.

Comment

Working...
    X