6 Weeks to a New You! May 13 - May 19 - Wk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! May 13 - May 19 - Wk 2

Welcome to week 2 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

I am continuing my morning T-tapping with joy. Today, I did HHMM Instr from The Stance until OIP. It felt great! I also continue my healthy snacking. I hope to lose 1-2 pounds this week thanks to that. One treat meal, one salty snack and my Sunday cake!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto, sounds like a good plan!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're doing so well!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, my friends!

This week I will be continuing my More 2 BC with the wo (not instructional). I have been able to do one set of HDs slowly without many issues. This is a huge improvement. Also, the sciatica that flared at the beginning of the 60 Day Challenge and has left me with constant hamstring pain is easing up as well (I am guessing that is what it is because it doesn't go away).

I am also going through Trisch's Defeating Diastasis class and have been doing the Core Floor Focus (always get the words mixed up) move. I was lazier than I wanted to be during her 14 day challenge so I am going through that again with mindfulness and continuing with the 13 week class.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 05-13-2019, 08:51 PM.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      That is wise of you, Alisa. Listen to your body.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem I love when you respond with your wisdom you are always SO insightful! I was going to try and do More 2 today without the HDs but was feeling fatigued (yesterday too) so I am glad I skipped. We will see how I feel in the morning.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      AlisaJDrury you are so kind to say that! <3

This is the longest I have been able to cut out sugar and any sweetener on GM days. And only a tsp for my coffee or chai on MM days (pretty lax on holidays & special occasion). As long as we have seeds/nuts, cocoa nibs, dates, fresh or frozen fruits, baked yams or squash/pumpkins, and hardboiled eggs I do not crave sweets or baked treats.

This week, I'll try a modified BC, More 1 Instructional split in 1/2s for 4 days straight, adapt moves to chair version as needed. Then 2 days OFF (CC warm-up stretches + Core Floor Focus), then I'll try More 1 WO.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, great work on More 1 Instructional split in 1/2s. Do you cut all sugar?

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Lisa and Anna! Anna Lee all the added sweeteners (table sugar, honey, etc.) during GM days, but not natural unprocessed sources like whole dried/frozen/fresh fruits. That said, I'm still mindful and try to choose lower glycemic choices (such as citrus, berries and dates) and keep the fruit servings to <=3 a day.

BBFF #1 today. I felt really tired but I pressed play and I'm so glad I did it.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work, Lisa!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Taking that step to set-up the workout sometimes take a lot of energy and willpower, but feels oh so good in the end <3

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome Lisa!!

Well, here I am again, with not much to report in the way of workouts. My exercise has been in yard work and running around, I guess I am going to at least try doing 2 moves a day and see if I can continue to fit it in somehow. Where I lose it, is in the morning when I hit the floor running, and drop into bed, dog tired at night.

We are busy planting fields, and hoping for rain again. We've been seeing snowbirds, which is always a sign of snow, as nature doesn't lie. We would happy for moisture, even on the form of snow. Its too cool to plant garden yet, other than a few greens and peas. We've had frost again, the last 2 nights.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are getting a lot of exercise doing so much outside work.

Ladies, I was quite excited to see that I am 4.4 lbs down in 10 days thanks to healthy snacking, still allowing me three treats a week. I will be careful to have enough Himalayan salt or good salty food because I need it. Continuing my morning routine.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      *\o/* Awesome *\o/*

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is wonderful!

Me again, I am so happy to do a couple of moves a day even if I cannot be on HF for track 1. The most important is to do what is my sweet spot. I wonder if I will continue to do my morning routine when I have lost those pounds...maybe altern morning and afternoon. The thing is that I *know* that T-tapping in the morning helps me tremendously in my work at school. I am calmer in general.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I notice I am much calmer after my workout than before.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever keeps you consistent is what you should do

I did the full sequence of Target Pop 3 last night. I want happy with Teresa during diva derriere, lol. I have a love/hate relationship with the intensity of that sequence. If I'm doing a shorter workout I really need the intensity but, right in the middle of it, I'm annoyed, lol.

I bought more tomato plants today. Hoping to get them in the ground this afternoon. It's supposed to rain all weekend.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah for doing it all! Just a question: the Diva Derriere, does it "slim" your derriere or make it "bigger"? Sorry about the questioning, it is hard to explain what I mean...

I'm definitely ready for two OFF days, just arch/scoops and fascia stretches for pain management. My whole body feels so exhausted and puffy but not sore. Next week, I'll have to figure out how to spread the More 1 workout. I'll playby ear.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee thanks! Here are awesome suggestions from Trisch: https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...-split-up-more

PBS + 2-3 moves after R/S may look something like this:
      Day 1: PBS, Plie, Reach Scoops
      Day 2: PBS, Jazz Twist, The Box, Oil Well
      Day 3: PBS, T-Tapp Twist, Lunges
      Day 4: PBS, Balance, Hoedowns

For something with a curl, a tilt and a turn on most wo day:
      Day 1: PBS, Plie, Reach Scoops, Jazz Twist
      Day 2: PBS, The Box, Oil Well, T-Tapp Twist
      Day 3: PBS, Lunges, Balance, Hoedowns
      Day 4: OFF or Broom/Golf Club Warm-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPy3...Y1mi5mWxvZ8jhY

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, GreenGem!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I do like PBS, PliƩs and R/S in the morning, but I think I would need some variety from More...

I am quite excited because I have lost 3 inches around my waist, but on the other hand, this always happens when I do what I do. Morning T-tapp before breakfast, healthy snacks plus 3 treats a week. I am sure that without T-tapp it would go more slowly.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Three inches off your waist? That's amazing Anna Lee!!! Great work!

I did BBFF #1 this morning. It's harder for me to focus on the morning but leaving it for afternoon or evening often means I don't get the chance.

Tomorrow we're driving to Montana. The cabin is only 3 hours away but it will take awhile to load up the car and everything. I have to make sure i don't forget anything. There's a small store near by but they will only have the basics. I feel like I'm taking half my house. The goal is to get my 13 year old unplugged and his brain reset to be content without games. So I have to have things to keep us busy in case it rains. Thankfully the forecast doesn't have rain but you never know.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

I have stayed consistent with the Floor Core Focus move for DD. I did More 2 a couple times earlier in the week then took a couple of days off due to soreness and haven't gotten back to it. I am thinking this next week I am going to try for More 2 on M-W-F since I am doing the DD moves every day. I am definitely more focused on DD than More 2 and that is ok for right now.

I posted the other day that I had lost 3 inchs in my abdomen. I always wear sweat pants, which had been feeling loser. Yesterday I tried on my only pair of fitting jeans (skinny jeans) and they were still quite tight. I am guessing this 3 in loss is a fat shift maybe. I haven't lost much off my waist or hips so am guessing things are moving around. Maybe a consistency with More 2 EOD will help it move OFF for good LOL
      Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 05-21-2019, 05:52 PM.
      Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
      Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
      Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Great plans, Alisa! You can do it.

I'm back again. I thought that I'd be on the computer less if I didn't post. But I was still on it at certain times of the day anyway. And I haven't been consistent since I'm not reporting. So I'll try reporting again.
      Thanks Donna for sending the calendars and reminding us that it's a new 6 weeks.
      Today I did some gardening (before the rain), More 1, and 2 HDs. No walk because of thunderstorms. We've had more than the usual amount of rain this year.
      Maybe I need to try morning t-tapp like Anna Lee.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

Yesterday I did 1 HD and 1/3 mile walk.
        Today I did 2 HD, 12 min of Renee McLaughlin Facia, and almost a mile walk.
        Lois
        Lois

Comment

Working...
        X