6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 11 - Mar 17 - Wk 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 11 - Mar 17 - Wk 5

Welcome to week 5 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hi everybody! How are you?

I am tired due to many different circumstances, but I try to get in some morning moves. This week, I will try to do the warm up from PPW #1 in the morning on most days.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Anna Lee, I hope you find some good balance this week as you battle with health challenges.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh! Having a rough start to the week and I am not sure why. Tomorrow, I have got to do something...just something...anything.

I am glad that you are fitting in movement even when you feel stressed. You inspire me!!

I am excited to continue on this new week with about 3 or more moves a day from Chair Champion. On clumsy days like today and yesterday, I am still able to follow and activate well enough to feel some sweat. Reach scoops and oil wells looks a bit more complicated but doable, I am reading them today to prep for tomorrow.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I am so glad that you can continue to do moves every day from Chair Champion. And lovely to sweat too!! You can do it.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad you are staying consistent with Chair Champions I love the saying "I don't sweat I sparkle" (By Jessica Smith)

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the cheer @AnnaLee and AlisaJDrury.
      Re: "I don't sweat I sparkle" Oh, I'm going to use that from now on =D

I'm still aiming for 3 moves a day, usually working thro BWO+. Occasionally, I'll do a short stepping WO instead. I haven't measured for weeks, but measurements must be staying about the same.

We've had mostly cold weather, with the odd warm day. According to forecast, spring will actually come yet. Here's hoping. I have garden seeds already and the results from soil test. Sigh, DH says he has never seen such perfect numbers. (Soil and plant health is his interest!) I have 2 kinds of obnoxious weeds, and we thought maybe there were certain nutrients missing or an overdose of them. There were 2 that we can work on, but have little hopes it will make a difference. Also, green beans haven't been doing well.

My winter projects are actually coming to a close. Mainfloor trim around windows and doors is about finished. I just need to give some of it a couple coats of paint, which doesn't take long. Our youngest is starting kindergarten in a month. How strange it will be to have an empty house for 7 hours a day! At least everyone still comes home for suppers!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of good stuff going on in and outside of your home. I'm guessing you have plenty of projects in line to fill up the 7 hours, you may not feel it empty.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do it! Which moves are you favourites?

• northmom
      northmom commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, my favorite moves are some of the arm ones, like Plies, Butterflies, Reach Scoops, etc.

I've missed this group so much! Just overwhelmed with life but i NEED to get back to taking care of myself. Even if it's just a few hoe downs.

I also need to do extended linear stretching as often as i can. My hamstrings are tight again.

Today i did SF Tempo and i feel so much better. I drank 4 quarts (over 3 L) of water during the workout!

Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel you Lisa and I am not raising babies, but life and school get in the way. I need to get back to me also, but have trouble every week putting exercise first. AND I know I am not drinking enough water most days.

My left hamstring has been hurting since the beginning of the challenge, which is so weird. It happened after More 1 wo and has not gone away, even with Renee's hamstring stretch. I need to find something that will relieve it.

We've got this right? Yes!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      So nice to see you again, Lisa!! I can completely understand you. Wow, did you do the *whole* 47 min SF Tempo?? Congrats!!!!!!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee yes, the whole thing!

AlisaJDrury if you have Debulk there's 3 versions of extended linear stretching on that DVD. It helps so much.

And i miss all of you! I hope to get caught up later tonight on all the posts i missed. I'm very thankful for each one of you.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      We miss you too!! I am thankful for everyone here as well. This is my happy place. I log on when I'm at work because it is easy to read and respond to posts.

My body is looking more normal again, none or very little bloating/swelling that happens when I am on bed rest a lot. Someday I'll lose some real lbs and inches, but this is wonderful, too =D
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Love love love!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, that is great!! It gives me hope in the near future after these cortisone treatments...

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hooray for no swelling!

I have regained a better brain balance and mood, so thankful for that! The throat infection was a persisting bronchitis and now I am on the 2nd treatment of cortisone and I also have Ventoline due to the asthma like coughing. I may take today off to avoid too many efforts. I really have difficulties breathing.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds scary. I hope you feel better soon.

Even though I do no have as much energy as last year's 60 Day Challenge, it seems I'm learning to find some balance with the bed rests, T-Tapping with Chair Champion and some favorites, volunteering, and most importantly taking care of family. I'm not making leaps and bounds but I am inching forward towards something and feeling some fulfillment most days. It took me months to find this rhythm, and I think joining the challenge unofficially gave me that zeal I needed. A little over 3 more weeks to go! I hope to join the next year's challenge officially again.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad to read this, GreenGem. Steady and calm fullfillment.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the best result of all, finding a good rhythm.

I hesitated to use my day of sick leave or not. Finally I thought that one class with a colleague would be fine. But it got worse again. So, now I have two days of sick leave and four days to keep silent until Monday. It will be quite hard, but I need to do this. My voice is my daily instrument. Finally, I did my morning moves without the video, I could feel that I have gotten a little weaker. Full muscle activition is not the thing to do now. Breathing heavily is making it hard for me to do more T-tapp right now. I know that I would need some stepping because of the cortisone. I may try 5 min if I can tomorrow, but I don't want to overdo to get these asthma attacks again. I get them when I talk and when I do too heavy physical efforts. Thanks to Ventoline, they are weaker, though.

When I can, I will take up the Warm up from PPW # and the More short workouts.

I must admit, that for about 4 weeks now, I have been going overboard with bad snacking. With way too much on my plate, I haven't been able to control this area and I am realizing once again that I am a Human Being, not a Superwoman. I need to be gracious to myself. I can get back on the right track.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-13-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Anna, I am glad you are getting a break to recover. Asthma can definitely get you winded down. And the verntolin (albuterol) itself makes me feel fatigued and shaky. Rest well, I hope.
      I can relate well regarding snacking. It provides me comfort and, to be honest, energy or perk on days my batteries runs low. I suppose everyone has an Achilles heel.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, thank you so much! It is due to the bronchitis that I get an effect of asthma.

I had one class yesterday and my voice broke again. So, now I am on sick leave for 2 days and I have decided to remain silent until Sunday. My vocal cords need total rest. Little or no T-tapp depending on my breathing. When I do efforts or cough, I have been having slighter asthma attacks, but the inhaler seems to help me.

EDIT: I am having an infection, a 3rd treatment with antibiotics. I hope that I will be able to be on sick leave until I am well. I am exhausted.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-14-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm rooting for you in your fight against the infection. I pray that you get well soon, Anna.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, GreenGem.

I enjoyed the TTT version 2 and Scarecrow Ski today. The combo felt so good to release my tight upper body.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I can imagine that!!

I am still out of breath even after some cleaning tasks. Only morning moves to get the lymphatic move, plus wet body brushing. A couple of sitting BF this afternoon. Tomorrow, I will try to do a whole PBS because I need it for my shoulders, neck and general well-being. Still exhausted.

Comment

Yesterday I did SATI. I had to push myself but I am glad I did. I am thinking today will be More, but will update later.

I did not get More 1 in on Friday, but Saturday I did. I didn't feel great activation and felt like the moves went too fast (even though they are not) so I am going to try the More 2 Instructional today (Sunday).
      Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 03-17-2019, 12:21 PM.
      Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
      Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
      Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Alisa, you can do it!

I will need to take my time to get back on track. This morning, I did my morning moves and they made me cough and lose my breath. I wanted to do a PBS, but I will wait for another day or two. Otherwise, I am sketching a lot, every day and very much enjoying this sketchbooking challenge/workshop.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Alisa, thank you for the advice to do one move on a couple of occasions of the day. It could be possible if the cough is decreasing. Total rest today.

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee You have to listen to your body. Rest and let it heal. You have done so good staying consistent with T-Tapp, it is ok to take a break.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely rest. A little stretching is enough.
    Working...
    X