6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 11 - Feb 17 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 11 - Feb 17 - Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!

A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Happy Challenge to those of you who are doing it!! And happy 6 weeks to all of us!!

My first goal is to get well and be able to start doing a PBS every day. Then I would like to altern SF and HHMM with More and TWSS to regain my brain balance as needed.

EDIT: I went to see the dr, no bronchitis, but I have fever again. My blood pressure has increased a little. I slept from 10 until 12 today. Doing sneaky fits, but no other moves today. I still need the rest.

EDIT: This afternoon, I did SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS. It felt fine. My right shoulder blade was aching due to no PBS for 4 days!...I am so glad that I could do these 11 min even if it made me cough.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-11-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a church friend who has missed 3 weeks so far from the flu. Take it easy. Just do a LITTLE.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you tested for the flu? Did she rule out pneumonia? Usually they check for bronchitis and pneumonia. Be careful of the fever coming back. Here in the states that often indicates pneumonia. Could just be a virus, remember I said Tony ran fever for 10 days. Feel better!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, I do continue to sleep and rest. I sleep at night, then two naps a day. But my body and my whole being must need this. I am comparing myself to my cat right now.

Lois, I do the T-tapp moves that I can. It feels good to do some regular SF Tempo (2 days in a row so far). I need to push the pause button and do some extra kick kick step step, but that is fine.

Alisa, no fever today, but a huge fatigue. I am doing a sleep cure without moderation!! I didn't have the flu, because then your fever needs to be around 102.2°F, the same thing with pneumonia. I have a "throat infection" that I normally get in November, so I am thankful that it didn't arrive sooner...

I hope everyone had a happy and restful weekend. I did OIP/HF and LB from CCF, and I am getting better with these moves. Even with the "bad" foot, I have been able to get great muscle activation.

The broken toe is doing fine, and the stubbed nail beds looks worse than they feel. Oh well, when they are healed enough, I can always slap on a coat of dark, nail polish to hide the discoloration! Floor and chair WOs have been perfect for me to do until my foot is healed, and I have enjoyed them.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great series of moves, Piper! I am so glad that your toe is doing better.

I did some stretches today and also a couple of HDs.
    Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lois, great work!

My goal is to try and stay consistent this week. My plan was to do TFFS M-W-F and More 1 T-T-S. Yesterday - nothing. It was a bit of a crazy day so it just didn't happen before I had to get ready for work. Today, More 1 and TFFS Monday Moves 1 & 2 with BlessedMama. I am feeling pretty good with More 1, but not brave enough to add HDs. Still being a little cautious with some of the moves. I also did Renee's back flow, psoas release, and hamstring stretch. These are becoming a daily habit and I think it is really helping.

I really enjoyed this set today, but do not want to push it.
    Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 02-12-2019, 09:06 PM.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, you can do it!! By curiosity, do you do the More 1 instructional or workout?

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee - I am doing the More 1 workout minus HDs.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, thank you! You are wise not to push it, Alisa.

As I wrote in a comment above, I continue to recuperate energy mostly by sleeping. At night plus one or two naps during the day.

The other day, I understood that I need to do some T-tapp every day (one day off) to feel ok in my body. SF Tempo is helping me to regain my brain balance too. I normally have a plan for my moving, but these days, I do what I feel like I need.

I am so thankful that I haven't gone overboard with treats and put on weight again. I had quite some during the last weekend, but it made me feel better.

You go, all you ladies doing the Challenge!!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Alisa! It does feel like that, indeed.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad you are improving daily, Anna Lee.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, thank you!

Today, I did More Chair, and included hitchhikers.

Comment

Hello Ladies, I will try to catch-up. I can feel my abs and see my feet again. It looks like my body is getting rid of fluid retention and bloating much better. Amazing what consistent and intent T-Tapping can do, even with just a few moves.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I am so glad that you can feel your muscles again. I totally agree with you about how even some moves can you make feel better.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful news, Greengem!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Anna Lee and Piper1. Today I ate too many baked goods, I comfort chowed =D all worth it, but I hope nothing became undone in one day.

This morning, I woke up quite late and did these moves from More 2: PBS, Plié and R/S (not the quick single ones). I needed a couple of extra breaks due to my breathing/cough, but it felt so good. I am continuing to take a short walk outside every day. We have sun so that helps a lot.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Anna Lee, you are doing great! For me, plie are the most strenuous move. I like them, but I often look for excuses NOT to do them.

Another session of CCF - OIP/HF and LB. I feel like this WO gets harder each time I do it.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      So, you must do it with full muscle activation which is great!!

Monday: Gym (cardio, weights, PBS, floor exercises)
    Tuesday: Pilates and Feldenkrais
    Wednesday: Gym (cardio, PBS, Plies, floor exercises)

My goal is to continue being consistent with taking my fish oil and eating clean, low carb. I vary my carb amounts, had some rice yesterday. Period finally came 2 and a half weeks "late". My OB nurse practitioner was not worried about the effect on low carb/Keto on hormones and really supportive and said it's a great anti inflammation way of eating and that hormones will get back in balance with time, as long as I feel good.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That is nice to hear. Diet and hormones can sometimes be confusing.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of PBS do you do? From which DVD? And as for your floor exercises, have you ever tried the T-tapp floor moves??

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem: Yes! They can be VERY confusing and tricky.

AnnaLee: I just do the PBS from the Basic Tempo version. I have several T Tapp floor DVD's and mostly worked with the Debulk one. I also like Awesome Legs. At the gym I often do Awesome Legs (the move) and Pilates stuff for abs.

Checking in - yesterday ended up being a day off. I just didn't have the energy to even lay on the floor and to TFFS. I did do the T-Tapp Tuesday finger fitness video.

Today, I did More 1. I felt so much more activation today, it was wonderful!

I am having an issue with the towel segment so feel free to comment if you have suggestions. The movement is giving me a tendonitis type pain in my right elbow (I am right handed). Trisch recommended that I be conscious to lead with my elbow and shoulder and have ribs up. I tried really hard today to be conscious of NOT leading with my wrist but I think gripping the towel and thumbs pointing out, I may be doing this anyhow. It may also be carpal tunnel starting so the gripping of the towel may be the problem. I am wondering if I should do it without the towel? Maybe my hands are too close together?
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you get some guidance with the towel portion.

Meanwhile, have you tried the finger moves from T-Tapp Tuesday. They feel good and can provide relief from the carpal tunnel pains.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem yes and they aren't helping but I do them anyhow because I believe I have some carpal tunnel starting (pain in hands, wrists and thumbs).

piper1 I am going to check that out right now. Thank you so much.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I hope that you find a way that will relieve your elbow. I really don't have any advice, though.

This morning, I did More 1 PBS until TTT and then I chose to watch/do More 1 Instr for the Lunges because that is a move that I haven't learnt to do thoroughly yet. I would like to watch and do TTT from TWSS and the More section from the Broom DVD, at least one of them, possibly tomorrow.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, More Broom Is another favorite of mine. I think you will like it.
      Last edited by piper1; 02-15-2019, 09:04 PM.

I am just REALLY enjoying this consistency and starting to REALLY enjoy Tapping everyday. I still have to talk myself into it, but it isn't as hard. I KNOW I NEED IT AND WILL FEEL BETTER!!

Today was TFFS Monday Moves w/ Trisch 5 & 6, which were two short Broom Walking classes. Fabulous!! I sweated, my arms got a workout and I lightly did the HDs at the end (half lift and VERY slow).
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I can identify with having to talk myself into working out. It happens to me more often than I care to admit. But, we are both getting it done, so it is OK!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we are @piper1

I will admit, it's pretty much every day LOL

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa and Piper, as time goes by, you will feel like doing it. I *never* thought that would happen to me, but one day it just happened. What I enjoy about T-tapp is that it is a method of "movement" and it has helped me to implement more daily movement for example going down to/up from the basement more often. Simple question: do you record your health benefits and improvements?

BBFF2 (Except for CC) yesterday and CCF OIP/HF and LB today. I can't do CC without shoes. I have been forgetting to note that I am not doing this move when doing BBFF2.
    Last edited by piper1; 02-15-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I only did LB move (not the DVD) from CCF. CCF is almost 80 minutes, and I could never do the entire WO (wish I could!). I only do short WOs - 20-30 minutes.
      You are correct, LB DVD is advanced......... and too advanced for me!
      Last edited by piper1; 02-16-2019, 08:52 AM.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, you are correct. I only do those moves from CCF.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      piper1 Oh LOL That would definitely be a long one. I have it but haven't looked at it...maybe one day I do like incorporating the floor workouts as well.
Working...
X