No announcement yet.

6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 4 - Feb 10 - Wk 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am asking for a simple piece of advice: I may have bronchitis, at least it feels like that. A pneumonia should give me more coughing and higher fever I think. Is it fine not to do any T-tapping now? I could not finish the PBS last morning....

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      REST. I didn't do any T-Tapp when I was sick in December. I think I took a whole week off. I slept and listened to audio books.

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is fine not to do any T-tapping now. If your body is telling you that, you need to listen.
      When I had Pneumonia a couple of years ago I got antibiotics. But they didn't really do the job. I had to have the natural remedies also. And I'm still taking a fermented vegetable drink to keep the cough down. That seems to have worked as well as anything. But then I'm 76, so it takes longer.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lois, I think that I did nothing on like 2 days last week, but since then I realized that I need some moving.

Today I did OIP/HF and LB from CCF, and I felt every muscle working. So glad I got this dvd. My floor form has been terrible! What a difference it makes when you do a move with proper form / alignment.

I know the rule is OIP/HFs before Ladybug, but not sure of the crab claw rule. Is it ladybug before CC, or is it just OIP/HF before crab claw?

For now, I will stay with OIP/HF and LB. I can do those shoeless. Tuesday, I tried a couple of CC wearing some wide toed, flexible shoes (that didn't hurt my stubbed toe), and it worked out fine. But I would rather give my toe a little longer to heal before diving into this move.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you GreenGem and Anna Lee!

It is the right, big toe, Anna Lee, which is good because it is the 3 smaller, outside toes that are used in floor.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Crab claw MUST be done in sequence. I don't remember exactly what moves have to come first so I only do it in a workout, never by itself. BlessedMama or ayj67 could explain better.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, did you read my first comment of this post:

"Trisch replied that question of mine and she wrote OPI/HF then LB and then Crab Claws. I quote some other lines from her reply.

"On Crab Claws you are opened out the most you will be at the groin area and doing the other moves will help you warm up the hip flexors and guard against groin spasms. So keep that in mind the days that you want to focus on Crab Claws" Trisch

Sorry to continue my complaints...I may go to the doctor on Monday and see if she gives me some antibiotics. Unless this virus unfolds during the weekend, I believe that it will be necessary. I am using some of my time to watch T-tapp videos, so that is good. I have at least 2 naps a day...I should have thought about buying lemons when I was in the corner shop this morning. I will try to go back there soon...

I am almost totally determined not to go to see my family next week.

EDIT: I took my bike and covered my mouth well (due to the cold!!) to get those lemons!!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-08-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, I am seeing my dir on Monday. We will see if I need antibiotics or not.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      ::Hugs:: I wish you to feel better. Did you get lemons? Lemon water, tea with lemon and honey. Tony was REALLY sick and it was a virus so they didn't prescribe anything. We were in and out of the ER and Urgent Care during that...it was awful. If she hears fluid on your lungs, she will prescribe antibiotics. Let us know what happens.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, thank you! I bought more lemons, a pineapple and apple cider vinegar after a conversation with Ayj. Yesterday, the lady in the corner shop told me that I had better not have lemon in hot water because it destroys the benefits. I am so thankful that I don't have any fever anymore.

This year, I will track 2 data: waist circ at navel and weight. It would be nice if I can compare 2 lab results taken weeks apart, like last year, but that might not happen.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem and Anna Lee

I did all the measurements, but I am a weirdo and would like to see how everything changes, doesn't change. Plus I carry most of my weight between the points of just under the bottom of the ribs to my knees. If I can keep up with Tapping regularly after the challenge I will be able to compare labs when I have my physical in May.

The one area where my measurements were less when I measured this time was just under the bust. I have lost about 1 inch which I think can only be accounted to intermittent East/West Breathing. All other measurements went up.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee and AlisaJDrury I wish you the best with your goals! Imho, any loss in the middle (anywhere below the bust to the hips) makes the overall silhouette better. I have not given up on my hips and thighs though, just not focusing on them this challenge. =D

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I haven't given up on my thighs either, but there is a time for everything. Other priorities so to say, at least for me. Since I stopped having bad snacks all the 4-5 times a week, I have lost about 1 1/2 inch in my waist. These past days, I had a couple of treats, but not the same kind as before.

Power was supposed to be out this morning so I quickly did my morning duties. Than I thought power was out, since DH had generator going, and did a few moves by memory. Lol than later, after I was dressed, I found out it was still on.

It's been cold all week. We did get more snow, and more coming, I think. School was cancelled Mon and Tues, but than they've had it the rest of the week.

I have been sewing and organizing and cleaning up. DH is working with doors, and getting ready to put up trim, before spring comes! DS built a nice bed frame and headboard for himself, as he is too short for his current bed. Than he is going to build my bookshelf, so I can finish in basement. We all love books in this house and can never have enough!

I am doing intermittent fasting, in hopes of shaking a bit more fat off! We'll see how it goes....

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      We have snow and WIND! It's really cold outside because of the wind chill. I normally enjoy doing my outdoor chores but I sure did rush today!

Hope you keep power! I just realized I better go take my shower in case the wind knocks out our power. We have water but not hot water when we use our generator.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh let me know how the IF goes, I am super curious. I have tried before, but can never get past 10-11 hours of fasting. I also need to get my diet together in general and go Keto, Paleo or just Clean, which is normally what I follow but fell off the diet wagon a year and a half ago and rolled down the hill into a huge gully of donuts and cookies ROFL but seriously, that is how I feel

It is sunny here, but windy and cold.

• northmom
      northmom commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol Alisa. I can just see the pile of cookies and donuts! Altho they don't tempt me at all. I will keep you posted on IF. I always had 14 hrs between supper and breakfast the next day, so a couple more hours aren't that hard. It does get rid of belly fat.

Anna, I hope you get well soon. Some of these things seem to hang on forever. Keep taking care of yourself and resting.

We have a friend at church who got the type A flu. One of her sons did also. And she is a nurse. So she had the flu shot and washes her hands often. Of course there is more chance of exposure also. Last year in Tulsa the hospitals were full with people with the flu. We didn't get it though. Thank goodness.

Today I did More 1.

I didn't enter the challenge. I'm trying to remember to do 'something' most days though.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lois, how nice to see you again! Thank you for your kind words. I also had the flu shot. I had been around ill people since Oct/Nov so this was a new record of how late I got ill...I don't know if you have read that I was into the More before getting ill??

Tonight, I did Chair, with Renee Mclaughlin, and it is was a good, strong WO. It is about 37 minutes, but there is a lot of talking. She includes all the More Chair moves, and adds several additional. There are 2 different WOs, and I did the first one. I'm glad I ran across this, and will add it to my rotation. This is a good routine, especially if you have a broken toe!
    https://www.healthcoachforsuccess.co...hair-workouts/
    Last edited by piper1; 02-08-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting videos.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, the WO is good, and she gives good instructions. I tend to bore easily doing the same WOs, and this will add a little variety, at least until the toe has healed.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      I did one of those once, I cannot remember which one, but it was nice.

The fever is finally down after about 6 days. I am so thankful for that. I will be continuing to take it easy this weekend. As my bronchial tubes aren't clear yet, I will only see if I can do my former morning moves again: stance/spiderwoman/clapaways/lat pulls. It may bee too much for a start.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sooooo happy your fever is down! Please, take it easy, Anna Lee. You don't want to risk a relapse.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so glad! Can you see a doctor over the weekend?

Yes, please REST.

I took a medicine to thin mucous when I had it so that coughing was more productive. Do you have something like that? In the US it's called guaifenesin or Mucinex. I know medicine can have different names in other countries.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Piper and Lisa.

This morning, I did the morning moves above even if I am coughing. It felt good to stretch my body and to clap away some toxins - hopefully! Now, I will continue to rest.

Lisa, yesterday morning, I bought a medicine to thin mucous. It should help a little.I am planning on going to the dr on Monday. Except the ER, I cannot see anyone this weekend.

I will admit that the thought about going to see my family swept through my brain, but it left quite fast too! During this school break (2 weeks), I only feel like staying home and chilling out with my husband and our cat.

I felt like a golden oldie so I did SATI tonight. I really focused on my stance/ tuck and I felt it so much more. I realize I wasn't tucking as much as I could, previously, while stepping. I finished with some back stretches.

I'm tired. Hoping for a good night of sleep.

I received my verification email for The Challenge today! So relieved to know I did everything correctly.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah for SATI! I really like that stepping workout but I haven't done it for a while. Don't you think that the stepping on PPW helps to do SATI better?
      I hope that you are getting a good night's sleep.

Congrats on having entered the Challeng correctly!! There are so many details to think about. Now, you go!!

I am so much looking forward to feeling healed in order to be able to do my normal T-tapping. Besides my physical situation, I have some professional burnout too; I was reminded of that yesterday.... So, my plan is to do some really mindful SF segments on a regular basis as soon as I am feeling better in my bronchial tubes. I may start with the SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS that I enjoy a lot and add one move. I know that my brain needs this in order to regain some balance and keep me away from antideps. T-tapp will be the "medicine" for my life!!!

And, since the Challenge last year, Trisch and Ayj told me that HHMM is a good variety for more lymphatic pumping when I need to relax my brain in between. I believe that I will need the synergy of these two kinds of workouts for a while. So, More and TWSS may wait for a while. It is ok.

I think that I have started to learn two great "secrets" since I started T-tapping. Thank you, Trisch and Ayj for those lessons!! #1 Get to know and listen to my body better and #2 to get to know the different T-tapp workouts better. I am sure that I learnt #1 thanks to T-tapping itself too. I know that you are several who think and experience the same thing.

EDIT: I am planning on watching some T-tapp DVD later.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-09-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you are feeling somewhat better and hope you can get some moves in. SATI is also a good one for moving the lymph.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, SATI is a great stepping workout, but it would seem harder for me to do than some parts of HHMM right now. I know that I could do a shorter part of SATI too.

Today More 1 and Renee's hamstring stretch. I had to totally force myself to get up, change my clothes, put shoes on to exercise for a little bit. Then once I got started, it felt so good I wanted to do a segment of TFFS also, but Trisch BlessedMama was in my head saying "No no, remember, if you want to figure out what hurts you and holds you back from being consistent, you must rest it with one workout." I listened.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice from Trisch! This is the Way, Alisa. So happy for you. You can do it.

I am reading Fatigue to Fabulous by Trisch and it is a big help reminding me to be kind to myself and continue to not be frustrated with my recent detour. The whole week I put my effort on the Core Focus videos from Beautiful You, some chair HD, easy AL and kick-outs. I tried to do some mini or short wos, but my body kept saying "not yet".
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I think it is great that you do all those kinds of moves while waiting for more.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I've been struggling with that, too. I've been telling myself I shouldn't have entered the Challenge with my life in turmoil right now. But, doing a little bit when I can is important.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      <<Hugs>> Soliloquy72, You are such as strong person Lisa, inside and out. You are doing your best to get through your turmoil. Yes, every bit count. I hope the challenge will not add a load on your back. I hope it will just be one of your aids for self-care.

The other day, on FB, Ayj wrote that PPW is a pre-SF workout and then I read Trisch writing the same thing on.. I hadn't realized that the warmup was a precursor to SF. At the moment, I am feeling better, but I am still coughing a lot and I have difficulties breathing. I continue my natural remedies: acv, pineapple, cayenne, lemon...and something to thin the mucuous. We will see if I need antibiotics to get better. Hoping to get an appmt at the doctor's tomorrow morning.

EDIT: I just realized that this was week 6 so we will start a new period of 6 weeks now!!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-10-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope your appointment goes well. Congrats on inches lost!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you feel completely better very soon!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you!

I did Holiday Workout #1 today. I knew I needed to do a standing workout but it needed to be one I enjoy. And short. This was perfect. I really focused on keeping a strong tuck/curl and it showed in my heartrate! Great cardio even while standing.

I'm hoping to do some stretching later.

I have a very busy week. We're having a houseguest this coming weekend and I need to clean and get all the cooking done ahead of time because we'll be skiing 3 days in a row. Needing a hearty breakfast. And coming home hungry. And I pack our lunches. Gah, need to get busy!
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

I feel like I should comment on lots of the messages. But I willl content myself with reporting this evening.
      It was warmer outside, so DH and I walked 2/3 of a mile.
      I did More 1 and a couple of HDs.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

Working...
      X