6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 4 - Feb 10 - Wk 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 4 - Feb 10 - Wk 6

Welcome to week 6 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Finally, I went to my doctor and she put me on a sick leave (exhaustion and a virus, low tension, fever). This week, I will be continuing to do my morning PBS from More 2 and try the short stepping workout to get out toxins. The tricky thing is the exhaustion and low tension. I will listen to my body whatever I do.

Happy first Challenge week to all of you who have joined it!!!!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I do drink lots and lots of water. I also have some lemon.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you feel better soon!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you. The low blood pressure is tough for me.

Today I wanted to try something from the digitals so I did Basic+ Instructional. I did skip TTTwist and the HDs as I am trying to figure out which move(s) are troublesome for me AFTER the workout. I think it may be the HDs though I think I am going to have to split up the moves though because I really need to figure this out so....on to a new plan!
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you enjoy the digital Basic+? I have heard so much about that one!

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not familiar with this digital, Alisa. Is it slower paced than the original BWO?

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee I LOVE the Digital Basic+. Definitely purchasing after the challenge. I did the instructional but it was really nice.

piper1 Digital Basic+ Instructional is nice. It has the new tweaks with stance so I liked that. There is also a slow version, which I did not try.

Today I did BBFF2, and will need to stick with floor for a few days, or until my stubbed toe heals. It is too painful standing in shoes, and I can do floor barefoot. I'm going to start participating in CCF instead of only watching. Should be interesting! I did try the beginning sequence of in-out (floor HDs?) and that is a tough one for me.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn't that great that we have a workout for each T-tapp situation?

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right, Anna Lee, there is a WO for almost any situation. Hate the pain of the stubbed toe (don't think it is broken), but I can still do floor moves. No excuses with T Tapp!

This morning, I woke up and chose to do the PBS and then the chair workout from More 2. I am feeling really tired, but it was totally doable. It was the first time that I did this short workout. Due to my fatigue, I didn't do full muscle activation, but I got my body moving. That was the most important. Now I am going to stay in bed most of the day.

EDIT: I slept 2 x 2 hours during the day today. I have been using some of my time to watch More 1 Instructional that I would like to do with my sister. I am going to see my family soon again. This afternoon, I also read some of my T-tapp documents from these forums. I know that my fascia would need some extending so to say. So, I put on my gym clothes and did the PBS from First Step 1. It was quite hard but it feels great now afterwards.

I may rent the digitals, we will see.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-05-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you, Anna Lee! So glad you are getting the needed rest.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! First step 1 eh? Awesome!!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      This PBS felt great!

I slept ten hours last night and I could've kept sleeping but I had to get up for an appointment.

I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. But I know I need to do the things that help me feel better.

I did a quick ppw15 this morning.

Going to do week one of Renee's Form Intensive now.

I also want to keep working on pretzel twist. Maybe not today, but I'm going to try and do it several times a week.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, Piper. So, I will start by learning Target Pop and thn do BBFF#3. I know that I will need to read and analyze it first too, like for #2. Some day when I am concentrating on floor workouts again.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, this morning, I watched Preztel Twist from the CRT (dry brushing) DVD and it is longer than the PT from Target Pop (not at all a thorough instructional like on the CRT DVD). I also watched BBFF #3. When I want to concentrate on these moves, I think that I will do 0.00-6/7 min from the BBFF #3, then do the PT from the CRT DVD that seems more like an Instructional and finish from 14 min until the end on BBFF #3. In that way, I will be able to learn it well.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, I didn't know there was a PT instructional on CRT. I just looked it up and see that it has DD, PT and floor HDs. Are there detailed instructions for each move?

Today, I worked out with CCF, starting with OIP, then LB, and CC. I didn't do all the reps, but I did some for each move. CCF takes these moves to another level of activation, and Wow, my muscles were feeling it. Great instructional, great WO!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, so you mean that you did the whole CC? Isn't it very long?? I regret not having bought the bundle in December, but I had already bought sooooo many DVDs...

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, I could never do the entire CCF, and hats off to anyone who can!
      I tried / practiced a Few reps of OIP/HF, Ladybug and Crab Claws. But even doing just a couple each of these moves, I felt greater muscle activation than I ever felt doing BBFF, which tells me I have not been initiating the best form. CCF is an incredible instructional for floor, and will improve my results when doing BBFF 2. So glad I got this DVD.
      Last edited by piper1; 02-06-2019, 12:09 PM.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      If I buy anything this year, it will be the bundle of CC....

More 1, without HDs. I think it is the HDs that has been causing pain to my back and left hip. I am hoping if I can gain some strength there, that I will be able to do HDs by progressing slowly... one day.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      How's your sleuthing Alisa? I admire how you are following your intuition and body awareness to figure out whats not working for you right now. Your determination shines, you will get stronger there someday.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem Thank you! It has taken me a year to realize that the HDs were maybe hindering. I thought that it was just tight hip flexors. I am happy that now I know if I avoid the HDs I can get through the workout and have minimal pain the next day. Also, I have been doing Renee McLaughlin's Psoas release, hamstring stretch and she added a back flow recently that is DIVINE!! I watched the Back flow and thought yea right I cannot hang like that and be ok, but I CAN and I DID. A little tender on lifting up and walking but 20 min later I was GOOD!

I have been alternating More 1 with TFFS (in portions from Trisch's class) and this is working well for me. I need to try and build the strength in my hips, top thighs, glutes and hamstrings. May have to add back in the exercises from physical therapy.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That is awesome Alisa. You inspire to never give up!

Just finished day 1 of the pretzel twist challenge. Wow, it felt good. I don't think I ever fully got the full benefit of the torso twisting until today.

I got another local friend interested in T-Tapp . She was telling me how much trouble she wad having with her ankles and knees so I showed her a few T-Tapp tips for standing and walking and she told me her knees arw so much better.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      JohannaRegina I was low carb for about a year but after a few months I didn't restrict fruit or honey but I was completely starch free and lactose free. But I still was having symptoms. Now I just try to watch refined carbs and to have balanced macros-- protein, fat, and carb at every meal.

Everyone responds differently. I have a friend with T2 diabetes that actually has better numbers when she eats moderate carbs, not low carb.

In thinking of going dairy free for two weeks. I don't want to, though!

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      AnnaLee! Welcome to the club

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Soliloquy, yeah... the dairy thing. I try to limit my dairy to butter, goat cheese, sheep feta, and mozarella. Based on Blood Type diet recommendations (even though butter is not recommended for type A).

Lisa, your comment about having shown some T-tapp tips to your friend made me think of something. In December, I sent a video with T-tapp finger moves to one of my former colleagues. She has been having huge problems with her fingers for a long time and these moves are helping her.

This morning, I woke up and did my ordinary PBS from More 2. I continued with the short Broom workout but I couldn't continue when I came to the flat back. I am exhausted and will be resting today again. I need to be well for Monday when I have my 11-12 hour trip to the Northern Europe...

I am going to bring my More DVDs and give a SATI to my sister. She would like to discover T-tapp even if we won't have much time. I thought about lending her the "More than a seminar" DVD too.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry you're so tired. I hope you feel better soon.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you. I hope to see a change one of these days. I have fever and I am sweating a lot so some toxins must leave my body, though.

Today, TFFS Monday Moves with Trisch 1. That felt SOOO good. I have to work on one of the moves, but this will be good as an EOD with More 1 EOD.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I am so glad that you have found what you want to do during this Challenge.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-06-2019, 11:16 AM.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      TFFS is amazing!

Today, lat pulls with Berei, while sitting, and More 2 chair. I had planned to practice more of CCF, but it was a busy day, and time got away from me. It is days like these that make me really appreciate More mini WOs; short but oh so effective.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, I believe all arm moves can be done seated, as can some torso moves. In searching for Trisch's comments on converting standing moves to chair, I found these by master trainers Renee and Kayla.
      https://www.healthcoachforsuccess.co...hair-workouts/
      https://kaylahoward.com/stand-ttapp

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      You are awesome, Piper1!
      I miss working out with Berei. I have to get those vids back into my rotations.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Berei is incredible! She is about 20 years older, and moves like she is 20 years younger.

I like doing PPW15 first thing in the morning. It doesn't require much mental focus for me and then I don't feel yucky if I can't get anything else done.

I practiced the stance again today. My heart rate gets up to 130-140 when I really focus!
    Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, I would say that the Stance is the standing position in most T-tapp standing moves. Check out the Stance in the beginning of the HHMM Instructional, just after "Introduction".

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      So true, the PPW wos are not mentally draining.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      piper1 yes, the basic T-Tapp stance for all standing moves. I bought Trainer Renee's class "Form Intensive" and the first class is an 18 minute lesson on The Stance. I thought I would breeze through it, having been Tapping for so long. I will never stop learning with T-Tapp! Going back to the basics is really good for me.

I tried to do my PBS from More 2 this morning, but I couldn't do more than the beginning. It is my 4th/5th day with fever now...about 100.4°F. I have no idea how to travel on Monday. I have no cancelling assurance, but if I am feeling like this on Monday, there is no way I could go.

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      HUGS and prayers, Anna Lee!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, GreenGem and Trisch!!!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so sorry. I wonder if it's the same virus that's been going around my town way over here. We had a low fever for 4-5 days, terrible cough, and deep fatigue. I hope you feel better soon. I think there's a good chance you'll be very tired on Monday but no longer sick or contagious.

Back to T-Tapping a bit more consistently and making extra effort to fill up my plates with raw veggies. I'm just so happy I can tolerate them better now. I've extended my intermittent fasting hours to 14.

For the 60 Day Challenge, I bought a dress (haven't worn one in two years!) as a gauge for my "improvements" and as a prize in the end. The dress is very forgiving and wearable now without losing any inches. However, I would not have gotten one if not for T-Tapp. Even through my detours, my belly never grew back and my calves never bulked up to the way it was before T-Tapp. And each month, I am grateful I do not have to deal with PMS cramps, sore boobs and debilitating migraines. That said, a slimmer middle is all I want before summer comes.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem you are IF? I would love to be able to do that, I just cannot seem to get past 11 hours. I probably could push it to 12 but would be starving. What kind of "diet" (eating plan) do you follow? I need to do something because the sugar and baked goods have been taking over really bad. I have been looking at Keto and Paleo. I like them both, but there are components that I don't like that I am not sure which direction to go.

I am so happy about your dress. I am planning on picking up some LulaRoe outfits this week as a pre-payment "prize" LOL I have one of their skirts that is so cute, but SO tight I cannot wear it so that will be my goal to wear that comfortably and not be able to buy the Large because I know it will be way to big LOL

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Soliloquy72. We will get through this. Sometimes the stress season seems never ending, but I know there's an end somewhere.
      I'm glad somebody else understands stress gains. Keeping tabs on the (+) keeps the stress at bay as well. I do notice as soon as I am back to a reasonable rhythm, those inches are the ones that melts the fastest.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      AlisaJDrury the dress is our carrot dangling in front of us =D This is fun! I hope we are able to wear our prizes with pride after the challenge.
      I started slowly with the IF. At the height of my health struggle, I'd end up eating at night to catch up on meals I missed when I fall asleep during the day. It took years to regulate the sleeping and eating pattern to make a clear break of 8 hours. Then I slowly extend to 9, then 10, 12 and now 14 hours. I do take breaks from the IF. I follow the GM/MM plan as much as I can, minimize wheat and dairy, and load up on veggies. I eat baked goods and put sugar on my latte on MM days.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 02-10-2019, 01:12 AM.
Working...
X