6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 28 - Feb 3 - Wk 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 28 - Feb 3 - Wk 5

Welcome to week 5 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hi! I had to take 2 days off due to life, not by choice. Back at it this morning with PPW 15. Hoping to do some more moves before bed. I am struggling with feeling okay about missing planned workouts. I tend to get upset or anxious. But I need to focus on my long term goals which is to do my best each day and be healthy.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, I am glad that you are feeling ok about missed planned workouts. No guilt, it never helps us.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      JohannaRegina Yes, it is very painful and I am thankful for this forum. People who aren't part of the T-Tapp sisterhood find it hard to understand. I only met her once. Many of us never met her. Yet, she was a friend.

Anna Lee thank you.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Solioquy, I also met Teresa once and felt so relaxed and happy around her, it was very natural. I found out about her death when I was at work and had to cry. It was difficult explaining to people that "someone I knew died". We are lucky to have come across Teresa and her workouts!

I did a few HD's and will try and do some moves before bed tonight (which isn't until 11:30/12).
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, I am glad that you could do the HDs.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      A few HDs always help me feel better.

Continuing with my gym/T-Tapp routine and one Pilates session a week. Feeling good, except, I am beginning to skip or delay my period on this keto diet, which I don't like at all, so I am starting to add carbs as of today. I think probably just cutting out a lot of grainy carbs alone is a positive change, but going SO low on any and all carbs does not support a female body enough. Even when I was at my skinniest at 120 pounds on a very unbalanced HIGH carb, low fat diet, did I not skip periods, but I am after 2 months of keto. I will listen to my body.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know some people who feel good low carb but some don't. It was a complete disaster for me. I hope you can figure out what works well for you.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Soliloquy, I do well on "high carbs", but generally I eat "healthy" carbs and not much of a sweet tooth. Going low carb took some adjustment and experimentation. I am upping my carbs again now. Mostly I want to get carbs from veggies and some grains (love oatmeal). But I also really like higher fat, my skin is showing it.

In what way was low carb a total disaster for you?

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      JohannaRegina I was doing fine at first on low carb but then my hair started falling out and I lost my short term memory. I was in a mental fog all the time. It was awful. And I was so tired! I emailed Paul Jaminet (of the Perfect Health Diet) and he told me to add in rice and potatoes. I did and I immediately started feeling better. But it took me about a year to fully recover. I realized it is just not for me! Low fat diets are also really hard on my skin. High fat diets made me feel sluggish. I am just a middle-of-the road person, I guess. Moderation in everything for everything. I have type A blood and northern European heritage, mostly Scandinavian.

I did the PBS from More 2 this morning. I had planned to continue segments from TWSS, but I am too tired to do anything. I only slept 6 hours last night. That is extremely little for me, especially these days. I hope to get some extra rest this weekend and have four days of naps from Sat until Tue.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome on the PBS. Get some rest!! I totally forgot I wanted to look at TSS. Thank you for the reminder.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I slept about 9 1/2 hours last night. I believe that I could do the same next night.

Today, More 1 through Jazz Twist (that felt so nice), 3 sets HD's and a 20 minute walk on my break.
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work, Alisa!

Individual moves from HHMM Instructional, and watching CCF. I'm not ready to WO with this, but I am taking lots of notes.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Piper, which HHMM moves are your favourites?

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, Probably TTT is my favorite. However, lately, I have been favoring Plies.

Target Pop 3 full sequence tonight (AL, PT, and DD). Yowza, it's been a long time since I've done DD 3 times in one week. Ouch! Feels good to work my muscles and sweat in such a short time.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      You keep me reminding that I have that DVD, but so far, I haven't done it...

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Each of the three moves is very intense, when you keep form. When I started it, I did the instructional for just one move at a time. So, if you try it, don't feel the need to do all three right away.

I still need to find the time to do More 3 A and B! Maybe on the weekend.
    Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

Another tiring day at work, but I started my day with my morning moves. I am sure that partly they are helping me to cope with everything. I need to sleep et recuperate all kind of energy. I am wiped out and not due to overdoing T-tapp...Another day with "only" morning moves and that is fine with me! I enjoy those moments so much. No arthosis ache in my neck.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-31-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, your morning moves are really a good WO. How long do they take? I might join you in doing them.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Consistency is the key, not quantity! It's great that you have a morning routine that you can stick with and it's helping you feel better. I'm sorry you are so tired.
        Last edited by Soliloquy72; 02-01-2019, 02:35 AM.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much, ladies.

Piper, right now, I altern between PBS from More 2, The Stance, LAt Pulls (I add Spiderwoman when Teresa talks and doesn't do anything special on the video) from HHMM Instr or PBS and the short Broom workout from More 2. I have just counted and either time of moving takes me 11-12 min. My water bottle, towel are close to the TV. I quickly put on my gym clothes and trainers.

Today, a little over half of HHMM instructional. It felt good.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        good for you!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Great work, Piper! You know that I enjoy that a lot

full sequence of Target Pop 3 again. DD is still very difficult but I'm going to keep at it. I used to do this workout pretty regularly and it made me stronger. I'm also learning to get more out of DD with each lift, thanks to Diva 10, so it is harder now than it used to be. But I can tell this move is very good for my pelvic alignment.

Also, I am seeing such great results in my son from ashwagandha (so hard to spell! that I started taking it. I hope it helps me feel better. It's an adaptogen that has many benefits but especially for the adrenals and other physical responses to stress. I have had waves of stress for almost 13 years. I hope it helps.

With my son, it stopped his bedwetting! We suspected it was related to his adrenals but he couldn't fill the saliva vials so we never knew what his cortisol levels were. This is huge, we were ready to take him to a urologist and start medication. I am so thankful we don't need to do that.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful news, Lisa. I haven't tried ashwagandha yet, but have been researching it for some time. Please keep us updated on the progress of using this herb.
        Last edited by piper1; 02-02-2019, 05:34 PM.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, what is Diva 10?

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        piper1 Diva10 is on BBFCF and the newer CRT Skin Brushing video. It's a sightly tweaked version of DD with only 10 reps.

I had a meltdown as I finished my work at noon today. I am totally wiped out!! I will probably follow my husband's advice and ask for a sick leave a couple of days from Monday. I will be continuing my daily moves and add what I can on some afternoons, but no pressure.

EDIT: It feels like I have caught my first cold this winter...I hope it will be very very short, rinsing my nose, paracetamol, lemon & honey, water...I am planning on doing my movements anyway. It could get out the toxins, probably the PBS and the short More 2 stepping workout.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-01-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, I believe it does. Thank you!

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you feel better soon.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Lisa. My cold hasn't gotten worse, so that is a relief. I am getting lots of rest this weekend.

I had to take yesterday completely off, my left hip and glut were really hurting...durn plies' LOL I will update this later to state what I did today...
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        So sorry about yout hip and glut aching, Alisa. Are you feeling any better today?

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally understand, Alisa! For the longest time, plies were my nemesis!

I did TappCore walking this morning. I felt like a stepping workout, and DD wanted the one with Buddy. She was feeling sorry for Buddy since Teresa is gone.

I have a rag quilt to work on for DD. She wants to have a nice quilt for her bed so she can make it pretty. She will be going to kindergarten in spring, our youngest. So hard to believe DH and I will be by ourselves during the day. 2 children at work and 3 at school!

its busily snowing. We're supposed to get up to 20 cm. Than its supposed to get really cold, like -35 C.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I have lots of good things about TappCore. Wow, it is getting really cold where you live.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so cute that she wants to make her room pretty! I love rag quilts. They are beautiful.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        We were supposed to get snow all night and all day. It's sunny! Did you get snow?
    Working...
    X