6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 21- Jan 27 Wk 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 21- Jan 27 Wk 4

Welcome to week 4 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hi everybody!! I hope that you are all well, especially those of you that have been fighting colds and viruses. Every day, I have always ill students and colleagues around me. 1-2 pills of Paracetamol and Sterimar sea water seem to have helped me a couple of times to avoid anything... It has been my first winter for years that I haven't had any throat infection which is exceptional.

I have started my third week without bad snacks. To help me, I have some Himalayan salt a couple of days a week, some nice treats during the weekend. I have finally lost a couple of pounds, but I know that there is still a long way to be able to maintain and to continue sculpting. My first encouragements: a less bloated stomach and a waistline that is slowly, slowly decreasing.

In the morning, I continue to do a couple of moves. I have been enjoying to do SF Level 1: 5 sets of PBS, SF Tempo: 2 sets and HHMM. Yet, I wish to go through More 1 Instructional and try the More part from Broom 1.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      In fact, I don't have any salty cravings anymore...but from what you could read, I sure had!!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so happy that you haven't gotten a throat infection. And that you don't have salty cravings anymore. It's wonderful to be able to choose treats in moderation rather than feeling out of control.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you. I had almost started to despair that it would be possible not to have those cravings anymore.

Hi all,

I am jumping in here, maybe somewhat impolitely. I was following Trish's Holiday Thread but of course got too busy to continue, but I do want to stay in contact.

It is always so heart warming to see everybody here working on being aware and mindful and to take care of themselves and each other, I really appreciate it hearing from everybody and throwing in my own thoughts and experiences.

I am VERY good with drinking water due to following ketogenic eating since around Christmas which is making me naturally thirsty. I am getting a mineral water from Trader Joe's called "Gerolsteiner" which was recommended due to mineral content being higher than most other waters.

My T Tapping is consistent with PBS and Plies about 2-3 times a week (while in the gym), and AL here and there as well. I am reading Feldenkrais' book "The Potent Self" and today will be our second sessions of the Feldenkrais class. So amazing!!

Love you all,
    J

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      JohannaRegina, you are so welcome!! BTW, there is *no* impolite way to jump in here. Personally, I drink a lot of water too, mostle water with minerals and especially magnesium.

• JohannaRegina
      JohannaRegina commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Anna! Water is SO essential, or I should say hydration. I can instantly tell if I got too little electrolytes because of my leg cramps. I take salt, and other things, and they go away.

I haven't been very faithful with tapping for the last 10 days. Somehow I have to figure out how to fit it in, and what I can cut out of my life! I am thinking maybe I should get up extra early and do my moves before breakfast, but who wants to wake up to exercise?! Not me. Mornings are hard enough as it is.

We got our basement cleaned up and organized this week. My favorite part was finding a beautiful old lamp at the thrift store, and also a white shade. I covered it with old book pages and it looks so nice in the sitting room. Now I need to find another chair yet, for more seating. I also got several small quilts done and out of the way. I made a throw and quilted it freehand on our sewing club's long arm quilting machine. I really enjoyed that.

We have lots of snow, with more coming. Yesterday was -24 C, today its supposed to be -2 C.

Tomorrow night, we are having a houseful of company. I planned a chili bar. I'll make the chili and everyone is bringing toppings. We'll be about 30 people. Good thing our house can handle such a crowd. So today will be spent getting ready for that. Its a committee supper and my DH could either choose to go out somewhere, or have it here. We wanted it here so everyone wouldn't have to find babysitters. Besides, its awkward if we aren't used to being without children. We would have to drive 1.5 hrs anyways, if we wanted to eat out somewhere. Easier and more fun to have it here!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi northmum, I am glad that you got your basement cleaned up and organized. Enjoy your gathering tomorrow! Personally, I enjoy doing my moves as soon as I wake up, but I guess that my mornings are less busy than yours.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      The party sounds fun! Sorry you're having such a hard time fitting exercise in. I understand. It's been very hard for me since the holidays and I'm having a really hard time with that.

How is everyone?

I would like to start doing segements of More 1 and More 2 instructionals in the morning. Today, I did More 2 PBS + Plié. I felt that Plié was harder to do at that time of the day. I had a slight contraction during the day, but now I am feeling better.

EDIT: In another thread, Ayj suggested me to go through Total Super Slow. I will try it out in the morning and see if it is doable then. Otherwise, I may just do a PBS in the morning and then the segments from TSS in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-24-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

It's been a very stressful week with mental health issues with one of my children. I'm so thankful I got a same-day appointment for him yesterday and hopefully the new plan will help him. I feel drained, like I've been through a war, almost.

I did manage to get all the way through TFFS just now. I really needed it, physically and mentally. The "coat hanger pain" that I get was really bad and it's much better now.

Hope everyone is staying healthy. We got dumped with snow earlier in the week and it's so pretty. I'm very thankful. Snow always boosts my mood.
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• JohannaRegina
        JohannaRegina commented
        Editing a comment
        So sorry to hear about your kid! I hope the appointment helped. Glad to hear your pain improved after workout!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, I am so sorry that you have had such a stressful week. I am glad that you could do TFFS. I regularly feel that I need segments of SF, so I understand that feeling. How lovely with snow! But I am thankful that we haven't had any here, everything gets so out of order here.

I missed the gym on Monday. My mother-in-law had to go to the hospital, so the last few days have been a little screwy. But I wen to the gym yesterday and did PBS and Plies. I never realized till way later that Plies are really a butt lifting move, I always thought it works the thighs, but I think that is more secondary.

Doing a lot of cooking and trying different keto bread recipes. Fun!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, the Pliés have helped me to get rid of back fat. I have also gotten better proportioned quads so to say. My front quad muscles were more developped than the back ones before starting T-tapp. Just a simple question: what else do you do at the gym?

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Plies will work and build your entire body, from your fingers down to your feet, when you learn each new tweak.

• JohannaRegina
        JohannaRegina commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Anna! At the gym I do a little cardio for warm up (10 minutes brisk walking on treadmill) and a couple of weight machines for arms, legs, back. I have been working on my upper body strength, finally getting some shape back into my arms. I finish with stretching, PBS, Plies, Pilates moves on the floor.

The backdrop to my going to the gym is that I had lost a lot of weight during Lent 3 years ago and continued to maintain that for quite a while but only due to a rather unbalanced diet (very low fat, mostly vegetarian, probably low protein too, very high carb). One day I am bying clothes and I look at myself in the mirror and I look pathetic. Not butt left, and J do have a nice one when it’s in the right place. I just HAD to go to the gym and I have been going regularly since then, more or less a year now. One day I should post a picture of my face on low fat, high carb diet versus high fat, low carb which I am doing now. The difference is striking!

Hello everyone, I have missed you all! We are finally well. Fevers are gone, the grands went back to school yesterday, and the grown ups are back at work.

I had intestinal, which, thankfully, was light and only hung around a couple of days. One grand had strep infection, and everyone else had upper respiratory infections. Thankfully, no pneumonia set in, which was the doctor's concern.

Beddings changed, laundry done, rooms disinfected, new toothbrush heads bought and the germy ones thrown out. It has been a non stop day, and I feel tired tonight, or, as GreenGem says, "my batteries are running low".

I hope to get back on track with HHMM, but that might not be for a couple of days. Tomorrow, I have NO plans, and it feels great.
      Last edited by piper1; 01-25-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, so glad you've got that behind you. Yes, take a few days OFF!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        So nice to see you back, Piper! I have been wondering how you were. Take your time to get back. Everything has its time.

I somehow lost my Target Pop 3 dvd and then I remembered that I got a free one during the Cyber Sale last November. I was saving it to give to someone, when they were ready, but I'm so glad I still have it because it is such an awesome little 16 minute workout. (It's a shortened version of Tempo Lower Body floor that includes instructions).

Hoping to do PPW later.

I got to take my toddler skiing yesterday. It felt so good to be out on the snow, even if it was just the beginning beginner's hill.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I did watch the moves from Target Pop when I bought it in November, but I haven't done them. Would I need to do a PBS or OIP/Half frogs before doing them?

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, you don't have to. It never hurts to do PBS first but it's not necessary. Sometimes I add OIP/HF if I want it to be a bit longer. I was just thinking of challenging myself to do 10 days of OIP/HF and TP3.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        That could be a great bootcamp, indeed. Where I am at, I think that I need to learn one move after the other on TP3. A later project this year. I try to focus more this year. At least, I have DVDs for the coming years

I don't think that I have shared here that when Teresa passed away, I thought about her expression "Less is More". I am trying to implement it in other areas than T-tapp. These past years, housework has been very hard for me due to fatigue. I have started to give myself time and space to decide when to do what. For example, I will put on my gym clothes and do about 25 min vacuuming in the house, then I do my T-tapping. Or I will choose to do a task that I know will take about 5 min. Splitting up the tasks like this has been so good for me, just as I have learnt to do in T-tapping. I do not have to overdo cleaning my house for 2 hours in a row. All this written, I know that there are many ladies who have excellent cleaning/housework schedules and I admire them for being able to keep them. For me, it has never worked, it put too much pressure on me.

EDIT: I rarely have really sore muscles, but after yesterday's TWSS moves, I can feel many muscles still working and that is fine, of course. Total off day today. Back to my morning moves tomorrow.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-27-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I clean in short segments, too.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually clean in segments. I sort of let my energy level dictate the intensity of my house cleaning.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice to read, Lisa and Piper.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post here or bump the 61 Days for Teresa thread. Grieving comes in waves and I'm in a wave right now. About this time of year I get excited for the 60 Challenge, even though I never entered, officially. Today I saw a comment Teresa made on YouTube, only 8 months ago. I watched a T-Tapp Tuesday segment from last summer, seems so long ago and not that long ago, too. It just suddenly got hard to realize she's gone. Seeing her on my screen every day makes it seem like she's still here. When I do TFFS I think, "I want to ask Teresa why we do it this way."

I was thinking about how she didn't pass a baton, she passed many batons, to all of her trainers. She had far too much to pass to just one person.
      Last edited by Soliloquy72; 01-27-2019, 09:21 PM.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Passing many batons.* That is a perfect, and beautiful, way of describing Teresa's legacy.* Thank you for sharing, Lisa.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so thankful that she passed many batons to her trainers. Teresa was such an intelligent and wise lady.

I did get in most of HHMM yesterday, but I had to hit pause often. All those days of no tapping really set me back. Even beautifully, slow paced HHMM felt too fast. Tomorrow, I will do instructional, which is what I should have done yesterday.

I ordered CCF and it came last week. I spent some time watching it tonight, and saw the value of this instructional. This is going to help me tremendously. For now, I will continue to watch and take notes, because I really need to focus on HHMM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I also think that HHMM workout is mostly too fast for me. I have been able to do it a couple of times, but I really prefer doing 1/2 HHMM Instructional. In the morning, I do the Stance and Lat Pulls together with the PBS from More 2 first of all.

Can you remind me what CCF is? I also understand better the value of the instructionals.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Anna Lee, CCF is Critter Crunch Floor. It is an intense floor instructional filmed at the retreat. This is one that will require me to work on one move at a time because of all the activation tips. If you like floor WOs, this is a wonderful WO instructional. I believe it will greatly improve my performance when doing BBFF.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, I prefer HHMM instructional to the WO, also. I will do some moves from it today. For some reason, I always felt I needed to "graduate" from instructionals and progress to the WO. But, I do best with instructionals, and I'm sticking to them!

I continued with TWSS this afternoon, first doing the PBS from More 2, then JT, The box and Oil Wells from TWSS. It is really good and I got sweaty. I will be continuing this EOD. Quite a lot of tensions at work, so I am having some headache today. I hope that I will be relieved soon. The moves definitely helped me a little.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, I do hope the headache goes away, as well as the tension at work.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Piper. I needed to take a pain killer and it helped. When I started T-tapping, I thought that medicine was "banned". I know that isn't the case, but that I need to detox it later.

I just found the info about the Challenge for 2019. https://60daychallenge.t-tapp.com/
      Personally, I have chosen not to do it this year. I was thankful for the health benefits, but I put too much pressure on myself last year. I have found my personal pace now and that is enough. I will cheering on those of you who are going to do it!!

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely, we will be cheering you on!

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        Im in! Awaiting the announcement tomorrow!!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, I won't participate.

Part of HHMM instructional, and it felt nice. I do love this instructional.

Comment

Working...
      X