6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 7 - Jan 13 - Wk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 7 - Jan 13 - Wk 2

Welcome to week 2 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Today, I did the first half of HHMM instructional.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there piper1,you inspire me again. You seem to be doing great with your goals.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, Greengem, you are so sweet!

Hello everyone.

Hoping to do TFFS tonight. Still have this cold.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Just finished TFFS. I think that was one of Teresa's greatest. It's so amazing and all under 30 minutes. Doing this workout every other day is really changing my upper body. I don't mean in inches, although that may happen, but in my flexibility and posture. I have always been very tight in my upper body but I didn't fully realize it until recent years. No matter what I did I saw only minor improvement. I feel SO different now after doing this workout 3 times in the past week. I'm going to try and do it every other day while I'm sick since I don't feel up to anything very strenuous.
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        piper1 it is very different from BBFF. I love that workout also as it really targets my abs. TFFS has some ab work but I am always sore in my lats have such a huge increase in upper body flexibility. After I do TFFS, I feel like I've been to the chiropractor AND had a massage. It's so good. Since you love BBFF you'll pick up TFFS quickly although there were some moves that took me awhile to "get."

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Lisa. Looks like TFFS will be my next purchase.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        piper1 You will love it!!!

Hello! I am just starting out with ttapp. I am doing the basic workout plus super slow (digital). Anyone else doing this one? I would love to be consistent with it for 6 weeks and see what happens. Count me in!
      Last edited by jhoward; 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome, Jhoward!

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome! Keep at it, keep asking questions. We are always learning here.

• jhoward
        jhoward commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I do have a question. What can I do as I drive? I know I can lift my ribs, trying to figure out how to be sure I am activating my lats. Any tips?

Still on Jan 1 mode. Sloowly catching up on catching up. I am very very thankful that I survived Christmas and New Year without crashing. I've learned to manage my needs better without guilt, even if it means skipping some social events. When I do go out, people can see me looking healthy and makes a point to let me know.

T-Tapp exercises helped a lot with my health and Teresa & the T-Tapp community trained me to take care of myself better. I realized last night that I have been wearing my cheap non-supportive boots comfortably without my orthopedic inserts for more than a month. The F&F moves must have done some wonders to my feet.

I do better when I write my goals here and log my wo in Habit Former, so here goes:
      Veggies: 2-3 cups raw (able to eat raw again), 3+ cups cooked.
      GM: 3 days a week. MM: weekends, wheat and dairy ok but minimize on these days.
      WO: Keep Track A: Beautiful You BBFF, alternate with favorites (More moves/minis, F&F, T-Tapp Tues, etc.)
      I hope to go back to Track 1 when my routines are established.
      Walk outside or T-Tapp Broom or Mini Steps indoors: 10ish minutes, 2x week
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent goals, Greengem!

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Piper1!

Hi everybody! So good to see you and also to see new persons join this thread. Welcome!

I am popping in to write that I was so wrong to write that I had "no reason to stress" the other day. This school start is very very tiring; I can still feel the exhaustion from last week's trip and events. But I am glad to start my day with my morning moves and a PBS. It feels so good. Hopefully, I will be able to add some moves very soon. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. One day after the other.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-09-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to do it. What is great is that I don't feel any guilt for not doing more T-tapping right now.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good reflection.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, it is a relief to feel like that.

Piper, you are inspiring me to go back to HHMM. this morning, I got the idea to do a part of the Form Tips. I did about 11 min until the T-tapp Twist. I think that even if I want to learn More 1 thoroughly, doing some HHMM as I regain energy will be helping me.

Have a nice day, all of you!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you do BBFF and More on "lighter" days, Piper?
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-10-2019, 12:13 PM.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, for me, a More WO is a Full WO! It my be short, but (for me) it is not a light day WO. On light days, I do More mini WOs only. These are short but soooo effective, and not hard on my adrenals.
        I can't find the thread where Trisch discusses floor work being easy on adrenals, but I find that this is so true. I can do 2 - 3 days of HHMM, then my body says, "enough, time for BBFF". I think that BBFF is a perfect compliment to HHMM, or really, any standing WO.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, I totally agree that for example the whole More 1 is a full workout. Right now, I could not do it. In fact, I thought about the More short workouts. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Yes, I remember that floor workouts are easier on adrenals, so BBFF is also in my possible bucket. To start, maybe the first 7-8 min one day.

I think that from all that I have read and learnt about adrenal fatique, that moves, short workouts from the More DVDs and segments of HHMM will be great to get back to a normal pace. These days, I have more energy when I wake up so I try to benefit from those morning moves. Hopefully, I will be able to get enough rest this weekend. I wanted to do some HHMM this afternoon, but I am so sleepy. Yet, it isn't the right time to sleep at 5 pm...or maybe? I have slept very bad these last nights.

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        wishing you better sleep at night and maybe some quick naps to tide you over till weekend.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you sleep well tonight, Anna Lee, and enjoy a much needed 3 days of rest.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much! I had a 1 hour nap this afternoon. My problem is that my mind is too active: all kinds of ideas are streaming. I think about interesting and important things for me (drawing stuff, cleaning strategy, school stuff, ideas about activities...etc). I wish to slow it down this weekend, so I will try not to plan too many things that I have written down. Get enough rest, do some T-tapp, have my quiet time, listen to music, maybe doodle in my new cheap sketchbook

Yesterday I did HHMM through TTT, but did not complete the last set of plies, the towel moves or HDs. But, I felt like I got in a good WO with full activation. There are days that I feel like I just can't do another TTT, plie, even OW, so I decrease the reps. As soon as I feel my activation slipping, I stop. Trisch taught me that!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Great lesson from Trisch, Piper!!
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-10-2019, 12:31 PM.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        yup, great words of wisdom to remember

I'm wading in the shallow end of the pool, I'm in but not swimming yet. At least that's the image I see of how I'm doing so far with my wo and food goals. I forgot I'm not supposed to put cheese on my lunch salad today, oh well. At least I drank black earlier and not latte.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greengem, I love the pool analogy! One day at a time, sweet lady. You are doing great!

I have been keeping up with a few moves, a few times a week. Hoedowns yesterday, which left me shaking and winded! I have done nothing yet today, as my friend was going to call first thing this morning. I haven't posted on here much, due to computer problems and it gets old to type everything on small phone keypad, but I sure do read everything!

It's cold, with lots of snow. -32 C 2 mornings ago. I didn't check this morning. DH is clearing all the snow off the yard and 6 yr old daughter is delighted with how big her snow pile is getting. Saturday it's supposed to be thawing temperatures again.

Christmas was quiet and low key. We entertained company a few times, and New Year's eve, my extended family gathered at our local skating rink. Than, DH and I celebrated our 21st anniversary last week and went away for a few days. It's the first time ever, since our oldest was born, that we haven't had children under the same roof as us for night. We went to a small resort town, 6 hrs away, and had a nice time.

Now, school started again this week, and it's back to the grind. I have been working on quilt tops, mostly using up scraps, for our church's charity project. I like working with scraps better than going and buying a bunch of coordinating fabric. I only work with new fabric, and it's so much fun to make something out of a pile of leftovers. We also want to put trim around our windows and doors this winter, now that we finally decided what we wanted. Another project is getting our basement more usable. We moved into our new house almost 4 years ago, and we have almost 4 times the space, as our little old trailer. So other than 4 bedrooms and a bathroom downstairs, we haven't made it into real usable space, as we had so much more room. We have a family/sitting room that I am working on. It needs bookshelves and some cozy seating. I have 2 bookshelves that I want to paint, the rest we need to decide on.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy anniversary, Northmom, to you and your DH! How wonderful that you were able to celebrate with a fews days alone.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to get your news. A belayed happy wedding anniversary!! Blessings for the years to come. Wow, -32°C that makes me think about my childhood/teenage years in Northern Europe. I have always admired the quilt making. You need to be very patient.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy anniversary!! It sure is cold there! My husband and I had our only night away from the children 4 years ago, before I got pregnant with our youngest. I am really looking forward to my oldest turning 18 so we can try again. So glad you had a nice time.

Have fun decorating your space! I grew up in an area where many people had rec rooms in the basement. They were wonderful for large parties. All the kids could do down in the basement and be loud while the adults stayed upstairs. I hope you enjoy all the projects.

BBFF today. Ahhhh, it feels so good!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        If I know BBFF #2, do you think that I need to read and analyse #1 and #3? I have read that it is best to continue with #3 after #1.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, Yes, it would be best to read and analyse 1 and 3 before trying. All three sequences have the beginning fascia stretch, but the workouts are very different.
        BBFF 2 is the easiest, and this is the one I usually do. Trisch said this is the best for adrenal fatigue can be done everyday.
        Sequence 1 is the hardest and longest.
        Sequence 3 is side lying moves, sort of a variation of Diva Derriere.
        I believe that Lisa does all 3 sequences, so I hope she will offer her take.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I agree, they're rather different. #1 and #2 have more similarities. #1 has a great, intense ab workout. It's my favorite of all 3. You will really feel it.

Have you done Target Pop 3? I think it would be beneficial to learn Diva Derriere and Pretzel Twist on Target Pop 3 before doing BBFF #3. Not necessary, though.

Segments of HHMM, More or BBFF as soon as possible, but still no guilt. My morning moves are lovely in the morning.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you, Anna Lee!

Took the day off. I have done a great deal of ribs up walking today, but no WO. My walking speed is almost back to normal from the accident (pelvic injury) and it feels great to see how much my step count has increased, on the activity tracker. Walking is my favorite daily activity. I pop in ear buds and listen to podcasts or music, and set aside all worries.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to take a lighter day. Congrats to increased step count!

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Anna Lee.
    Working...
    X