Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 1- Jan 6 - Wk1

Happy New Year!!!!
    Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!

A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Today, More Level 1 Instructional through Box so about 24 minutes. I wasn't going to exercise because I have a sinus ick going on, but I am so glad I did. This session went so much easier than usual.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      You wouldn't think that sinus problems would be going on right now. But I know several people that have it.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah for an easier session than you thought, Alisa!!

My company left today, so I'm trying to get back on track. Nice to see 3 of the kids and 8 of the grands though.
    Today I did 7 minutes of BBFF, track 2. But I mostly didn't do the Lady bugs. Last time I tried this one I made my neck really sore and stiff. Apparently I do it wrong, or maybe I just need it really badly. But obviously not too much too soon. I also did a few HDs and BFs.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

Good Morning -

I'd love to jump in with you all. I have been familiar with T-Tapp for years and have many DVDs, but have never given it an honest shot. As we begin 2019 I am at my highest weight ever (200.8 bummer). I have always enjoyed weightlifting and running so tend to be skeptical that I can get real results without high intensity. As my body is getting older and heavier though, I am not as able to do the high intensity. So, I am wanting to commit myself to giving T-Tapp a fair shot. Several months ago I purchased Senior Fit because I kept hearing it mentioned here so I am beginning with it. I did it yesterday and today through the plie sequence and then did hoedowns.

I came onto the forum this morning to look for information on how exactly your foot is supposed to be positioned. Maybe someone here can help me. Are we supposed to be standing on the outside of the foot with the big toe off the ground and little pressure on the ball of the foot?

I hope you all have a great day!

Allison
      Child of the King
      Happy wife
      Blessed mom of 4
      In need of much grace homeschool mama and tutor

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome! I hope BlessedMama or ayj67 can help with the form question.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome! I also used to do a lot of high intensity exercise. Joint pain and injury made me stop and then the weight crept on. T-Tapp has been life changing for me because not only do I lose inches but my joints feel younger than ever. And I think you'll be surprised by the intensity you can get out of T-Tapp! The more I learn, the harder it gets!

Yes, the weight is distributed more to the outside of the foot and in the heels. I lift my big toe while applying some pressure to the ball of the foot. If you want to get very specific, there's a DVD called "Barefoot Basic" that really takes foot position to a whole new level. The great thing is that doing this with my feet has raised my fallen arches and done wonders for my AT and PF (from years of running).

Hopefully Trisch and Aurora can chime in with more details on the feet.

• ayj67
        ayj67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Foot positioning or weight distribution? First of all, toes forward is the outside edge of the foot parallel to the side wall, if you have a 12 inch tile, then trying lining up the outside edges of feet on the square tile. It depends on how wide your feet is, you might think there is a triangle formed by the inside edge of feet. Our standard weight distribution is on the heel and some outside edge of the feet with weight off the big toe and big ball joint (bunion joint). We have different lingual here and am not sure about ball of foot means sole of feet or heel?

Weight distribution off the big toe and weight on heel is the correct way to stand and distribute your standing stance weight. You will feel falling back and in order to ensure you are not, you lats and abs will work together to keep you erect.

The feet were shoulder width in standard Total and Basic, and a mitten hand or 2-4 inches apart as you have more flexibility in your ligament and it will activate the abs and hip more when your feet are positioned closer together, but it is less balanced and will challenge your core more. So, progressively, anywhere from shoulder width to 2 inches apart is fine for as long as you are not fall off and hurting.

Until you have the flexibiilty, do not force yourself to advance form. If shoulder width feels good and 8 inches apart is not, then stick with shoulder width.

When your toes are forward you are not pronating your knees and you will reverse plantar flasciitis. When you point the knee cap (patella) to little toes, you activate your inner thighs and reverse the overactive outer thigh and leg muscles.

Regarding toes off the ground or not, it is all depending on your foot health, as long as you are not pressing big toe, bunion joint, weight on knee cap, leaning forward, you are fine.

Happy New Year to you all!!!

I arrived to these forums exactly one year ago!! And I am happy to continue staying accountable and share with you all here. I am considering to do More to start this year. Right now, I am not at home but I brought my laptop and the More 1 and More 2 DVDs. Great choice!!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, I bought More 1 and 2 in January last year, but I never learnt them. And I bought More 3 during the Black Friday deals. It is a higher level so I will wait to start doing it. But I may try out the shorter workouts.

My mother is much weaker and will get more help at home from Monday. I am going home on Saturday. Thankful for these days, but missing my husband a lot.

EDIT: I forgot to write that I am learning More now!
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-04-2019, 08:40 AM.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        What a great year 2018 has been =D

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed, GreenGem and there is more to come in 2019!!! Do you remember when we jumped in here in the very beginning of 2018??
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-04-2019, 08:47 AM.

Happy New Year!!!!

Fresh start. I am reviewing and trying to get back to Beautiful Basics BBFF today.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you, GreenGem!

Today I did HHMM, except the HDs. Good WO!

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        hoorway for the great wo!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you do the Instr or the workout?? I have only been able to do the whole HHMM workout once. I still enjoy doing the first part until Oil Wells of the HHMM Instr. It was some time ago though.
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 01-04-2019, 08:48 AM.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, I did the WO.

I got in PBS and the stepping wo from More 2. Great choices when you are not at home. My neck is feeling better, I needed some anti-flammatory pills.

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you still on holiday break? I agree, the pbs and the minis are a great travel wo. I hope you're neck continues to get better.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenGem, my holiday break finishes on Monday. My neck is still aching a little...

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season.

I have been SICK. I cannot remember the last time I was this sick, if ever! I am on day 7 and while I can move around and get some things done I am still very worn out. Exercise is out of the question today. Maybe tomorrow and I can some of the warm-ups.

I think the last T-Tapp I did was on Christmas day. I did the Holiday Showdown. The next day I noticed I had a little cold but nothing to slow me down. On Thursday, it hit me hard. Most of my kids had it just as a bad cold/cough but not as serious as me. Then, last night, my littlest one (almost 3) came down with a fever and cough. She still has a fever today. I hope she doesn't have it as long as I did. She's still nursing so at least she's getting my antibodies.

The weather is not cooperating around here. We have a beautiful blanket of snow but we'll get little spurts of warm weather and rain which creates a sheet of ice on top of the snow. Not fun for my kids to play in. And our driveway is really treacherous. I wish it would just drop below freezing and stay there!

Thankfully I did lots of laundry and cleaning before Christmas so the house isn't in too bad of shape from me being so sick. My husband and I had all kinds of plans for these 2 weeks. We were going to start painting a room that will be turned into a bedroom and take the kids skiing. We've all been camped out in the living room!
      Lisa. 46 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Definitely moving in the right direction.

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you are continuing to feel better, Lisa!

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I'm able to function at about 75%. Still have some symptoms and my husband is quite sick again. This is really a doozy!

Today and tomorrow will be off days, tomorrow travelling sneaky fits. I have a 13 hour long trip back home.

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, that is a long drive.* Praying for good weather and your safe return home.

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a very long drive! Where did you go?

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I am answering you by PM.

Today, BBFF 2. It felt good to take a break from standing and do a floor WO again.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that one.

Tonight I did Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch. I could feel myself getting more and more imbalanced and out of alignment. I decided I just needed to do it. It felt like I hadn't done a workout in ages but it had only been a week and a day! It felt so good and I'm so glad I did it.

My toddler is a little better today but still has a fever. Hoping that tomorrow she's much better. Thankfully she doesn't seem as sick as I was.

Monday is back to normal for us. While this wasn't what I had planned for this vacation, I can see that maybe I needed a lot of rest. I'm still taking it easy today. I do miss working up a sweat, though.
      Lisa. 46 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

Today, I did HHMM instructional through plies. That is as much as I felt I should do, and I was ready to stop! I'll do the second half tomorrow.

Comment

Started TFFS and my sick toddler needed me after only 6 minutes. Poor girl. I'm hoping she's much better tomorrow. No fever today that I could tell. But says she hurts and her eyes are red.
          Lisa. 46 years old.

Comment

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope she is better today, Lisa.

I am still quite tired after my long trip yesterday. I had thought about doing some T-tapp today, but I felt that my whole being needed to rest. Tomorrow, I will start again, probably with some moves in the morning if I can.

Comment

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So glad you are safely home. Please do get some needed rest.

• Soliloquy72
            Soliloquy72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you rested!
        Working...
        X