6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 24-Dec 30 -Wk 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 24-Dec 30 -Wk 4

Welcome to week 4of the 6 Weeks to a New You!
    Merry Christmas!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

This afternoon, I am back to SF Tempo. I did the 2 sets of PBS, PliƩ #4, Reach Pulls and Jazz Stretch. Such a lovely workout!! I am considering to start doing More 1 Instructional very soon.

Comment

Today will be More 1. I will try the workout and see how it goes. As well as getting back to keeping up with my 10k steps a day.
      Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
      T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
      Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
      Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee, I love what Trisch said, "the pause button is your friend", and I use it! More is slower paced, but I still need to slow it down.

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna Lee Yes, PBS from More 1 is really short. At first I thought I was missing something LOL

What do you mean by "I have compared the part when you turn your back to each side and on More 1 (4 min) it is very short and on More 2 (4.15 min), it is a little longer. But I certainly prefer that part in SF because it is very s-l-o-w. I guess that I should be able to take enough time to do it just as slow on More 1 or 2."

Do you mean TTTwist?

Alisa (I am doing the full More Level 1 Instructional today)

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Alisa, it it the part of PBS when you hold a towel at your back and turn your head to the right then to the left before tilting your head.

After taking 2 days off, I had to make myself WO today. But once I started, I enjoyed it. I only did the 3 towel moves from HHMM, but my arms were really tired by the time I finished. Keeping wrists and elbows aligned has been my challenge, and I am determined to overcome this!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like those 3 moves with a towel on HHMM.

I am so glad that our thread becomes active again. I will take time to read parts of my DVDs during my school break and of course move!

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too, Anna Lee. This thread keeps me motivated.

Today, I did HHMM through the towel moves. My balance is still "off" so I don't even attempt HDs when it is. I also got in 3 twenty minute, ribs up walks and did brushing last night.

Comment

Today I did More Level 1 Instructional through Box. I had an ahah moment during Jazz Twist - hello obliques. Once I realized you pull back with the one elbow while stretching the other arm forward I could really feel it. I need to work on Box though because I feel like I am not doing something right. I just don't feel much. I did try to squeeze my butt when straightening back up. Sometimes I feel it in my lower back muscles and some moves reps I do not. All in all, GREAT workout!
        Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
        Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
        Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I know I am missing something when I do box. Anyhow, OIP makes my ovaries and bladder hurt for 2-3 days following. Maybe I do it too hard? I don't feel like I do.

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          YAY on the a-ha! Yes, you are initiating this move with the shoulder that goes back--think archery. LOTS going on in that move!

OIP on Box makes your ovaries hurt? Or OIP in general? Think to "massage in" vs digging in. Then as you "tighten/release" think to zip up the abs from pubic bone to ribs (stem to stern! LOL!)

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          BlessedMama Anytime I do OIP. I think I am digging in too much. Tonight I did more like you said so we will see how it feels tomorrow (hopefully better).

Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't posted in ages. Life has been busy. Mostly I've been doing the Holiday Showdown. My husband and I are committing to stretching for the new year. Tonight we're starting with extended linear stretching. I got out of the habit of doing that.

I need to do a standing without soon. My neck is very tight. I got MORE 3 on DVD during the cyber sale. I'm exited to try that.

Haven't brushed in ages. I need to try and get back into that, too. But one thing at a time.

Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season.

We finally got a good amount of snow! Makes me so happy.
        Lisa. 46 years old.
        Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
        T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lisa, so nice to see you back!

I really enjoyed doing More 1 Instructional from PBS until The Box. I used the SF activation and it was hard. I think that I will be doing this Instructional in two parts, about 25 min. That is my sweet spot.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee

Like this BlessedMama ayj67 (needs to be what their handle is on the forum) Hugs!
          Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 01-01-2019, 10:56 PM.

• BlessedMama
          BlessedMama commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that's true! SF really ramps up activation by reining in the path of least resistance.

• ayj67
          ayj67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, path of least resistance mean the body will want to activate the least (aka slacking off the forms). When we do the instructional workout, or retreat series, or the Senior Fit type of slower workout, we cannot really use momentum to complete the move. The slow and deliberate makes us really use the muscles and observe the form and alignment. In addition, when you repeat the same movement in slow and meticulous way a few times a week over 4-6 weeks, you imprint the correct muscles activation to your brain. Then, even when you do it fast, you will still be able to perform the correct alignment and muscles movement.

You don't have to use Senior Fit to imprint the muscles activation, but take your time to do the instructional of your workout. Never skip instructional or form tips. They are not optional, they are essential.

I have been fitting in a few moves a few times a week. I slightly hurt my arm a couple weeks ago, so the arm moves are a bit difficult right now. I find if I do them very slow, it helps a lot. The DVD is too fast and makes it painful.

We've had a quiet Christmas. No long distance company, nor did we go away. We've done a bit of entertaining and our neighbors are coming for coffee this afternoon. We did our weekly cleaning today, so tomorrow we can relax.

Its about -20 C these days. We have quite a bit snow already. Who knows, it may be gone in a couple weeks. Weird thinking, but I do hope it goes down enough to plant my lawn. It was completely ready in fall, than the next day it snowed. It will be risky to seed in winter, but worth a try.

Comment

Today, HHMM towel moves and More 2 Chair. Does anyone else have trouble keeping wrist aligned with elbow in towel moves? I can't maintain this position, and as a result, my hands turn slightly inward.

Comment

• BlessedMama
            BlessedMama commented
            Editing a comment
            Often due to weak lats it's tough to keep the wrists strong. I answered your questions on the separate thread about this with some tips--see if those help!
            https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...179-hhmm-traps
            Last edited by BlessedMama; 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM.

• BlessedMama
            BlessedMama commented
            Editing a comment
            Another thought is to do the towel part that is after Spinal Stretch while seated, so you can focus more on lat activation than keeping lower body in alignment, since the chair will stabilize you. I'll put this on that thread about it as well.
            Last edited by BlessedMama; 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM.

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Trisch! Those tips were exactly what I needed. They made a huge difference. I was gripping and pulling the towel HARD! Also, just the simple tip of extending the thumb helps keep the wrists aligned. Thank you, again!

this week I am very late in posting, with Christmas and my cycle I did not w/o like I wanted, but I have done LB Standing twice, and today is PPW (1&2) with LB Floor. For the past couple of days I have been thinking about the next 6 weeks (I know it's early!) and have come to realise I do better with some movement about 6 days a week and I feel like I could do more intense w/o on two of those days?!
          It's a thought. I also have realised that my PMS symptoms are very sensitve to how I eat and how often I move, in the preceding month.Even how I feel emotionally (whether I am anxious, have negative thoughts, or want to cry at everything) is all influenced by my movement schedule. I don't think my husband has connected my w/o to my emotional state, he just notices when I am not myself.
          So these coming months will be an experiment of sorts.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Very interesting.

• Soliloquy72
            Soliloquy72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I start to fall apart if I go more than 3 days without a good workout. It's really important to my emotional health. I hope you can figure out what you need.

• BlessedMama
            BlessedMama commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a hard time staying consistent after Teresa's passing. When I started doing more in December, especially doing some of the Holiday Hoedowns, I was amazed how my mood lifted a bit--not that I didn't believe it would, but I realized just how depressed I had been! Movement is SO SO powerful!

The left part of my neck is hurting. Early in the morning as I woke up, I did a bad move while getting up, I think. I did PBS and Stepping wo from More 2. But this day has been hard because my mamma is hospitalized. I will need to travel to see from tomorrow until next Saturday. I will be bringing More 1 & More 2 and my laptop, but I am not sure how much I will be able to check in here.

To all of you, I wish you a nice end of 2018!!

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Piper!

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            My mamma is back home.

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Anna Lee, so happy for you that your mother is home, and I hope that she is recovering well.

So I did it! PPW (1&2) AND LB Floor.! I might need a nap this afternoon, and we'll see how my knees feel later.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            That was a lot for one day, Clarika...

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, I am amazed that anyone can do all that in one day. Good for you!!

I am focusing more on HHMM these days. I am postmenopausal, and recently diagnosed as hypothyroid. I had some hypo symptoms, but thought they were age related conditions. However, since starting HHMM, I (and my family) have noticed an increase in my stamina and I my sleep pattern has greatly improved. I do feel these things are the result of doing HHMM.

I tend to get bored doing the same routine, so I will add others, but plan to continue doing HHMM 2-3 times weekly.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            HHMM is one of my absolute favourites.
        Working...
        X