6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 10- Dec 16-Wk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 10- Dec 16-Wk 2

Welcome to week 2 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Happy new week to you all! I got some headache due to a situation at work. I did SF Warmup and SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS which helped some. I hope that it will get better very soon.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      My headache left as I was sleeping last night. I have tried many different moves against headache. A slow PBS with closed eyes has sometimes helped. I think that it depends on the reason of the headache/migraine.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you are feeling better.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am fine, Lisa, today just a little tired.

Yes, today is done . PPW 1& 2, for self care it will be 2 magnesium baths this week and a cup of tea before bedtime each night. Good thoughts and positive energy to everyone participating this week

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, did you do both PPW #1 and #2??! I have really started to enjoy PPW.

Today I did 3 moves from HHMM instructional. My form was off, so I needed to pause and restart a few times.
    Last edited by piper1; 12-11-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That happens to me too, even with moves I've learned. <3 Keep it up!

I am enjoying a calm moment this afternoon: IKEA Swedish ginger thins (cinnamon, ginger and cloves) with Christmas tea. I couldn't have them for the first Sunday of advent this year, but a kind colleague who lives close to an IKEA bought me a box this weekend. I will get three other boxes next week...In the morning, I did my three moves and I can still feel my muscles working from SF yesterday. I rediscovered the SF warmup which is great. I think that I will add Scarescrow to my sets of SF Tempo PBS next time...Trisch's idea in her most recent blog article.

I will see if I get in 2 sets of HD in a while...
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love scarecrow! It is wonderful for my back and shoulders.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh, you made me miss Ikea. Scarecrow on T-Tapp Tues does feel nice, but I have not fully learned it yet.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scarecrow Ski is a favorite of mine.

I've been lurking here ladies =D Your post motivates me to keep going even and trying on days that are challenging.

<3 <3 <3 <3
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad to see you! Take time off if you need to. T-Tapp will always wait for you.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, so good to see you again.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ladies! I do try to keep up with the Habit Former and the Festive Fitness calendar.

Today, I did BBFF2 and scarecrow. After my injury, I stopped tapping, including doing scarecrow. Wow, I had forgotten about this wonderful stretch. It feels so good! Thank you, Anna Lee for reminding us!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't done it yet, but I will try to get it in some day soon.

Holiday Workout #2 and Holiday Hoe Down Showdown. The Holiday Hoe Downs really help me meet my step goal.

Yesterday was so exhausting. I did the Holiday Hoe Down Showdown first thing in the morning and I'm so glad I did. I was utterly drained by evening.

Today we were snowed in and it was actually quite lovely! A friend came and plowed out driveway and road and I'm very grateful. But it would be really nice to be forced to stay home for three days!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. Nothing on the schedule for two weeks!

I've owned the CRT Video for a whole year and I've never watched it! My husband is out of town so I think I'll watch it tonight. No alarm clock tomorrow nothing, I'm so exited!
    Last edited by Soliloquy72; 12-12-2018, 09:24 PM. Reason: auto correct errors
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      How lovely with snow where there is an infrastructure to handle it. We may get some in February, maybe?
      I watched the CRT DVD these two last days. This morning, I did dry body brushing before my shower. I hope that someone will reply me if it is best to do it before or after. I have a brush for each context, though. I guess that I could swap.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anna Lee, per your question, I was told to dry brush before showering. This helps to stimulate skin and wash away the flaked skin. I was also told it is best to do in the morning, but I usually do it in the evening. For me, it is relaxing, and I don't feel rushed in the evenings. Mornings can be a bit hectic for us all!

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, so glad you have a free schedule, with time to relax and enjoy the Christmas season. It is a glorious time of the year!

Due to some professional issues, I am feeling wiped out today. I chose to rest after work. In the morning, I did dry body brushing, it was even cardio. I am planning on doing a workout tomorrow, but I don't know which one yet, maybe 1st part of HHMM Instructional. I started to use some Himalayan salt in water this evening. I will not overdo, but I hope that it can help me to deal with my salt snack cravings!

Comment

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good that you are listening to your body and resting, Anna Lee. It took me years to realize that tired means get some rest.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me a burnout about 6 1/2 years ago. And T-tapping, I need to learn to listen to it in another way. No overdoing...

This morning I did HHMM through TTT, but I didn't do all the reps for each move. I got in a few short ribs up walks. I find that I easily lose form/activation when walking and constantly need to recheck and reset. So frustrating! It has gotten better with consistency, but it has not yet become a "consistent habit". Until T Tapp, I never realized I was a terrible sloucher. Old habits are hard to break, but not impossible, and I am getting better!
    Last edited by piper1; 12-12-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah for your progress, Piper! I may do the first part of HHMM Instructional later today.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I did Using a Towel, Spinal Curl, Oil Wells until HD today! It felt great.

• piper1
      piper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, Anna Lee. The towel really kicks the moves up a notch.

I never got to watch CRT last night. Our power was out from 10 pm until 2 am so I just went to bed at 10:30. I'm so glad it came back so quickly. Sometimes we're without power for days.

Holiday Workout #1 done. I will try to watch CRT tonight.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

I did the Tush Trimers and the Hitchhikers on the Dashing to Holiday Fitness that Trisch sent out.
      Also walked a mile with DH today. That won't happen tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be bad and he is preparing for a colonoscopy Friday.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

Update: Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday LB Standing and Thursday Instruct #2. I forgot my magnesium bath on Wed, so today is scheduled, am doing well with the tea in the evening (really helps to unwind).

Comment

• piper1
          piper1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you will enjoy your magnesium bath! I love the way it dissolves away stress and aches.

Anna Lee, your post about Himalayan salt caught my attention and I thought this info might benefit you. We use Himalayan salt on our food, but we also and take Salt Sole. (Salt Sole is called, "the mother soup of all life forms"). To make it, all you need is filtered water, Himalayan salt and a glass jar, with a non metal lid. Just add 1 teaspoon to your morning water.
        Sole has many health benefits and has helped me tremendously. I hope this will be of benefit to you.

I have attached a link to an article, but there are many sites, on Google, for salt sole.

https://www.holistichealthherbalist....-to-make-sole/
        Last edited by piper1; 12-13-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Piper, thank you so much!!

• piper1
          piper1 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are so welcome, Anna Lee. I hope this will be helpful.

I really enjoyed the dry body brushing the 2nd day in a row. I did it before my shower and wow how energized I felt! I am so inspired to continue this now. I did HHMM workout Using a towel, Spinal Curl, Oil Wells until HD. It felt great!

This was my 2nd day without any salty snack craving thanks to the Himalayan salt. This may work out for me. I so hope it.

Today, I talked to my sister on the phone. She saw me T-tapping in February, but wasn't interested in it. Now, she told me that she is ready to try T-tapp!!! I am quite disappointed though that I didn't buy some extra DVDs when there were great deals in November and now in December. But I will think about which DVDs to buy to her. Maybe it would be good to buy her a digital one to start...? Wouldn't the Basic Super Set a good choice? She has no adrenal issues and no problems with HIIT.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenGem and Piper, thank you for your comments.
          I didn't buy any salty snacks for the weekend. So far so good for the 3rd day!

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Broom digital also has instructions and is short. How exciting that your sister wants to join you!

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lisa, I have thought about the Broom digital as well. We won't be able to T-tapp together unless we do a Gmail Hangout.
      Working...
      X