6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 3 - Dec 9 - Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Dec 3 - Dec 9 - Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!
    This 6 Weeks will only be 4 weeks to get us through December, the Holidays, and into the New Year!
    A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

All of the Calendar/Measurement charts have been emailed out. If you did not receive one, please email me at dms67@msn.com to request one. I had a few non-deliverable return emails.

Comment

I'm here! Looking forward to a holiday season with plenty of exercise!
      Lisa. 45 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

I am here too. Today, I am feeling exhausted and I do not know why. For the past three weeks, I have been doing lots of school prep and this past week was particularly busy. I just feel like sleeping, but I am not sure that it would be the best option at 3.43 pm...When I am feeling less tired, I wiil try to think about which workout(s) to concentrate on this week. I have no idea if I could even do a short More workout later today...
        EDIT: It was just a tiring and "off" day today. Tomorrow will be better!
        Last edited by Anna Lee; 12-03-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Alisa, thank you so much!!!! Yesterday's tomorrow *is* better! I gave myself the rest that I needed last afternoon (well I didn't work either). A good night's sleep of about 9 1/2 hours! This afternoon, I am considering to do either some parts of SF or 1/2 HHMM Instructional. Yes, I did my morning moves yesterday.

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you got some rest today and tomorrow is a great day!

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Much better!

I am here also!! Raring to go, but needed to take a break today due to back pain and fatigue. Maybe something is in the atmosphere today. I am guessing the back pain is from yesterday's workout or that my monthly is due tomorrow. I need to track this better to figure it out. If it is cycle related, I can push through.

My goals for this week is to work on TFFS with Trisch, some modified Holiday workouts and More 1 (probably just chair).
        Last edited by AlisaJDrury; 12-03-2018, 10:56 PM.
        Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
        Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
        Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

I will be joining here too! I have been doing really well with consistency for the last month, so this month I will continue.
          My goals are : inch lost around my waist, chest. and better, easier cycles (monthly).
          This week my plan is to focus on Lady Bug - either standing or floor @ day.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome, Clarika!! What do you enjoy in Ladybug?
            Last edited by Anna Lee; 12-05-2018, 03:42 AM.

• CLARIKATANNER
            CLARIKATANNER commented
            Editing a comment
            Anna Lee, the floor part mostly - if I really focus I can feel my abs working and not just my inner thighs. The standing portion - t-tapp twist: the double dips - with continued focus you can feel your whole torso being worked.

• Soliloquy72
            Soliloquy72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm trying to lose inches off my waist, too. I don't seem to get succeeding, though.

I am here, again, too. I lost 1.25 inches from last week. I hope it continues. I am aiming for PBS and 2 other moves every day, although I am not managing more than 4 days a week, yet. I am rotating thro BWO+ moves. I don't know how you all do it everyday! My life is so busy, just managing a household and making sure everyone has food and clean clothes!

We were in town 2 days last week. My uncle and aunt from MB came out here, so I told all my relatives they could come Sunday. I did the meat, and they brought all the rest. We were 35. Now my dad called this morning and they are coming for night. I am gone all day tomorrow, to our church sewing group. Thurs is parent teacher interviews. So life just flies by!

Comment

• okielois
            okielois commented
            Editing a comment
            If you read your schedule, you will see why you have trouble doing exercise every day.

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to see you again! Congrats to your inch loss. I do less household work...One day this week, I will need to get really really inspired to clean the house.

I'm trying to get more consistent, especially since we've been skipping the walks. We really are fair weather walkers.
          Today I did a couple of HDs, mostly after meals. And I did More 2 this evening. I hope I didn't do it so late that I can't go to sleep.
          Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lois, so glad to "see" you again! You can do it. I will do More 1 with full muscle activation when I am feeling a little stronger. And I have the More 3A/3B arriving any day.

FIRST OF ALL, IT IS GREAT TO SEE THIS THREAD ACTIVE!!

As I wrote in one reply, I will be doing parts of SF or 1/2 HHMM instructional today. I will edit this post when it is done. I thought about doing 2 x 2 sets of HD twice last week after some sweet snack. I also try to get in a Mitten Chop Stretch after the restroom, but it is hard to remember. It needs to become a habit.

Since September, I have wanted to learn more drawing skills. Finally I ended up analysing and thinking about *all* that I need to learn. I got tired to write down all the lists etc. I do believe that indirectly I put on myself some very unnecessary pressure. I know that there are areas where I need to have goals, but letting life happen is also important. So, now I am going with the flow, letting my time pass by.

I would need to fit in some good weekly cleaning as moving. Maybe I could think about T-tapp daily fits to make it a kind of workout?...Any ideas?

Last Saturday, I went to an art opening show. I brought marinated mussels and even if they aren't crunchy at all, they seemed to satisfy my huge salty need. I drink lots of water every day, maybe too much? That could be the reason for my salty need, don't you think so?

EDIT: I have just finished HHMM Instr 1st part. I had forgotten how nice it is and how I am sweating doing it. I have received my package with DVDs, just Target Pop 3 missing.
          Last edited by Anna Lee; 12-04-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So glad you got your DVDs, Anna Lee. I hope the missing one shows up in tomorrow's mail. I doubt you are drinking too much water, but I am really not sure. Perhaps the salt craving is your body's signal to replace salt lost due to sweating?

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            I wrote to Jennifer at the T-tapp office, and I think that she will send me the Target Pop 3, hopefully. She hasn't replied me yet.

Today Holiday wo #4 (chair). This was really nice. The only thing is my arms are not as long as hers so when I put my palms on the chair, my arms are already straight so I have to go to knuckles to create more length. I hope this is ok.

I followed with Trisch's Bonus Focus 1 for TFFS - This was so AWESOME! BlessedMama I felt the cross stretch this time Yay!!
          Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
          T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
          Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
          Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Good work, Alisa!!

Did LB Standing portion: for some reason I was expecting to do Balance as well, but to my happy surprise, it was just the double dips (t-tapp twist) and the Advanced Hoedowns. It hit me every time that the focus required for working out really does not allow time for any other thoughts to cloud your mind.

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely brain/body connexions! I have never done any other workout like this.

Clarika, I guess that's why Teresa never put music with her exercises, except for some hoedown things.
          Today I did More 2 again. I did it earlier in the day as it did keep me awake last night. At least something did, and that's what I'm blaming.
          Also did a couple of extra HDs after meals.
          Lois
          Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            More 2 is on my moving list in my head. I need to do it before More 3A/3B that arrived yesterday.

AGGGG! Yesterday and today I posted to last weeks thread.... again!

Today, I did HHMM instructional, for the first time. I really like this WO, but also found it challenging. My arms were so tired after doing TTT and oil wells with the towel. I did my regular 15-20 minute ribs up walks throughout the day, and hope to get brushing done tonight.

Comment

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Anna Lee, my goal was to complete 1/2 of the instructional, which I did. However, a few hours later, I felt enough energy to do the second half. That was not a good idea, because today I feel overly fatigued. I was too anxious to make up for all the days I didn't Tapp, and today I am paying for it!!

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            So sorry that you overdid, Piper. Take enough rest. We do learn those lessons the hard way. You are getting to know you body better.

• BlessedMama
            BlessedMama commented
            Editing a comment
            piper, I have done that before with HHMM. Felt great and continued on only to crash the next day! But you're reading your body's cues and will know to stick to half for now. {{{HUGS}}}

Yesterday I did holiday workout #1, walking, and hoe downs.

Today I did holiday hoe down showdown. I wanted to do a holiday workout but some chickens got out and I had to chase one of them through the woods for a good 20 minutes. Chickens are so good at staying just out of reach without actually going very fast. I got all scratched up but I did catch her. Then I found one more but she was injured and she didn't try to get away from me. I put her right to bed. The injury looks superficial so I think she'll be okay. I think my labrador did it. My German Shepherd would never hurt the chickens. He's very well trained and actually helps to herd them back when they get out. Thankfully a coyote didn't get her as they must have escaped yesterday. I didn't click the gate shut yesterday.

Tomorrow I get to STAY HOME ALL DAY instead of running all over and never having a solid hour to myself.

I'm so very, very happy that the holiday workouts are back! I love them so much!!!

Holiday Workout #1 is 14.5 minutes
          Spinal Warm-Up
          Plies
          Lawn Mowers
          Oil Wells
          Clap Aways
          Lisa. 45 years old.
          Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
          T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• Anna Lee
            Anna Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Besides your workout, you got in some organic workout there chasing the chickens. I am glad that you caught them. Enjoy your day at home today!!

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope the chicken will heal quickly, and glad you get to stay home today. Enjoy!

I started my day with a PBS from my memory and then a little later my three morning moves. I think that I will leave one of my More DVDs in the DVD player and just put it on in the morning. My back will need the PBS, I believe. I think that Teresa did it every day.

Comment

Working...
          X