6 Weeks to a New You! Nov 5 - Nov 11- Wk 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Nov 5 - Nov 11- Wk 3

Welcome to week 3 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Yesterday I did BBFHH and ribs up walking. Today I did More FMHTY, ribs up walking and tonight I brushed.

Comment

This week, I may be alterning SF and Total Workout Super slow. I am trying something new, EOOD instead of EOD and some moves on the lighter days. Both workouts are powerful and I am testing how Less is More, once again. I would need to avoid snacking from today...

Comment

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes, SNACKING! Snacking and I go way back, and we have become such good friends. This is a friend I want to leave! I do well for a few days, then I fall.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, so far so good today...

Still taking it slow, no pain or other discomfort but my batteries will suddenly ran low. I still thinks its because there's lots to prepare and plan mentally.

Thanks Anna Lee for the healthy snack reminder, I'm running low on my supply like pumpkin puree and warming spices, so hard to find ceylon cinnamon and green cardamom in my area.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 11-06-2018, 12:59 PM.
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks piper1... I have been enjoying the brushing at night, it is a welcome treat!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Good that you are taking it slowly, GreenGem. Give yourself the time that you need. Have you read Trisch's article about detours? I am enclosing the link to it here. It comforted me during my last tough times with migraines...

https://beyouthfulnfit.com/are-you-camping-out/

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Anna Lee, thanks! So true, detours can be frustrating but I am learning to accept my limitations.

I need advice on which dvd to buy during the cyber sale. I am currently doing More level 1 and love this dvd. I also have More 2 that I am reading, and will incorporate in the coming days. I planned to buy More 3, for future use, but I see so many glowing reviews of HHMM, and I wonder if that would be a better choice. I am hypothyroid, postmenopausal, meniere's disease (affects balance) and have neck and pelvic injuries (Both doing well with More). Any thoughts; More 3 or HHMM? I know very little about either WO and any advice would be appreciated!

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, I am glad that they helped you.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Piper1, I did read the videos on my pc. Then I use my small phone when I wo with them because I use our bathroom mirrors to help check my forms. IMHO a small tablet is fine. HTH.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, GreenGem. That is exactly what I wanted to know!!

I decided to try More 2 and started with the Mini WOs. These little WOs really are the best! I had another busy day (working the polls is fun, tiring and lots of sitting!), and these were just perfect for my schedule. 3 short, effective WOs that I could easily fit in. I also did 2 fairly steady sets of HDs, 1 before and 1 after dinner. I felt like I need to do these because I had been sitting for so long.
      Last edited by piper1; 11-06-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Great work, Piper!

I am trying EOOD so another lighter day. Tomorrow, I am planning to do either parts of SF Tempo or of Total Workout Super Slow as a long workout.

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        I will be anxious to know how this goes as you work through this new schedule.

• piper1
        piper1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope this works out very well for you, Anna Lee.

Trying to stay consistent with at least 2 moves a day.

I am proud of you ladies! Stay strong!
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenGem, you are so diligent to do 2 moves a day. I remember my tough days when I had constat migraines and tried to keep up. It took me something, but I knew it was the best choice.

• AlisaJDrury
        AlisaJDrury commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so proud of you! I stink at this (doing at least two moves a day). I need to get there too.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ladies, the support I get here is awesome!

Today was a light day. I did PBS, TTT and HDs. Tonight I brushed and added some ribs up walking around the house.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Good combination of moves, Piper!

Yah!!! I did it, my very first whole HHMM workout, about 30 min. I have just checked when I started to learn this DVD that I bought in February if I remember well...I started to learn it in the beginning of the Challenge in April. I have always prefered doing half the Instructional and when I had a better stamina half of the HHMM workout itself. I have been on a EOD schedule for a very long time and as I received the TWSS last week, I thought about adding a day of rest. I felt mostly fine during these two lighter days, doing my morning moves: Stance, Clapaways and Spiderwoman. As it is quite cold, I could have added a PBS from More, maybe. So, I was quite eager to do a workout today considering a couple of combinations of moves. I finally opted for HHMM wo and I did it. I was tucking less during the HD but I was able to finish it all. Wow, I am so happy about this!! I am wondering if it could be better to do a long workout EOOD instead of a short one EOD. I still see no inch loss as I continue to snack too much. But I am enjoying every time I T-tapp so much. It has become a part of my health journey. I smiled a lot when Teresa said "Have a great day!" in the end.

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Piper, thank you!

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats, it must have felt really good

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        GreenGem, it was a great feeling. Honestly, I want to do everything possible in order not to overdo. I still feel the benefits from yesterday.

Yesterday and today, I did More 3B stepping. I am working on really activating during all those arm moves. I was gone Monday and Tuesday and couldn't fit workouts in.

It's gotten colder, -21 C for 2 nights already. DS and his friends have been working on the local skating rink. We have 8 inches of snow already. DH had to clear yard the other day.

Today, DD and I are baking bread. I am busy cleaning house these days and yesterday I cleaned out pantry. I had a few gluten free flours to use up, so I found a couple sandwich bread recipes to try. Than I am also baking some regular bread, using the organic flour that my uncle grows and makes.

Comment

I am feeling fine today, just the normal T-tapp soreness because I have been using my muscles. I am going to have two lighter days and then do maybe More 1 with full muscle activation on Sunday.

Happy Friday to everyone!

Comment

• piper1
          piper1 commented
          Editing a comment
          More 1 is great for activation. I have tried bits of More 2, and evidently I am not ready to graduate to that level. I didn't feel the degree of activation that I do on More 1.

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you are right. I have only done More 1 once like that and it was efficient. What will be interesting is that More 1 is a full workout with the basic moves.

• AlisaJDrury
          AlisaJDrury commented
          Editing a comment
          You ladies rock

Yesterday was a bit busy, but I did get in More and some ribs up walking. My calendar isn't so full today, but I, at least at the moment, don't feel like doing anything at all. I'm not overly tired, I simply don't want to "find" the energy to get going. I don't even want to walk, which is very rare for me. I don't feel depressed or even overly stressed. But I don't feel motivated to "move". It is early, so maybe this will change as the day proceeds. Anyone else ever have days like this?

Comment

• piper1
          piper1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ladies! I hope I am not like this tomorrow. I haven't gotten much done today, but I must admit, I have enjoyed it. I guess my body was telling me to take a break.

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Piper, how are you feeling today?

• piper1
          piper1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna Lee, I just noticed your question ,and thank you for asking. I felt much more energetic yesterday. I think I really just needed a rest day.

I am going to go right now and try Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch on the Floor. It will be super modified as I have no clue what I am doing LOL
        Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
        T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
        Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
        Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

At least I know that I can do a full workout (about 30 min) after two days off. I am already back on an EOD schedule! Today, I did the two sets of PBS from SF Tempo. It felt great!

Comment

• piper1
            piper1 commented
            Editing a comment
            YAY, Anna Lee! That is wonderful progress.
        Working...
        X