6 Weeks to a New You! Sept 10 - Sept 16- Wk 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Sept 10 - Sept 16- Wk 1

Come one, come all! It's time for a new "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!
    A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

After the summer holiday, an intense first week at school (last week, only one workout!) and our cat disappearing this past weekend, I need to find my track again. Yesterday, I started up again with SF Warm up. I am emotionally tired and I know that I will need SF once a week. My goal is to go back to EOD, a little lighter schedule this week and then my ordinary (HHMM, SF, SATI or PPW) from next week. I am also trying to go back to the no-bad-snack-detox that I started and gave me some results.

Looking forward to staying accountable with you all.

Comment

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      The 1st week of school is always hard.

I'm trying to stay off the chocolate. But I'm not doing very well. I think it has been less of it though.
    Today I did 3 HDs and the first part of BBFF again. I'm not sure how many minutes of it, probably about 7. By the time I get off the floor and over to the computer to stop it, she has gone on.
    We walked 2/3 of a mile.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      It is hard to stay away from chocolates. I've been eating less, too, I could not quit cold turkey.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      As I wrote in my first post of this thread, I need to restart the detox.

This week is a little lighter and PTL yesterday we found our cat after almost 3 days. I was doing the 5 sets of PBs from SF Level 1. While T-tapping, I got a first phone call that someone had seen my cat. I normally *never* stop T-tapping to answer the phone or so...Then I continued another set of PBS and the phone called again and this one they had found my cat in an almost deaf lady's house. Do I need to tell you that I didn't finish the 5th set? I ran there and got my cat and we are so relieved to have him back home with us!!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad your cat is back home. Every bit of T-Tapping counts! That must have been a surreal moment.

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, glad your cat is home. We had one go missing for 3 months. We thought he was gone forever. And sometimes they are. Our last one apparently is gone forever. We think maybe a coyote got him.

My goals for the next 6 weeks are
    - to keep learning from Beautiful Basics More 2 until the class expires
    - to increase wo stamina (More 2 split eod, alt with PBS, TTT, mini broom/step or F&F)
    - to try adding some wo from the Broom dvd
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

This afternoon, I did SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS and 2 sets of Plié (n°3-4) and Lat Pulls W from T-tapp Tuesday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8vdd2tndcg

As always, SF feels great in general, but especially for my neck and my brain.
      Last edited by Anna Lee; 09-11-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        hey, thanks for sharing the link. The move felt good last night and this morning after some housechores.

Hello, I am a new T-Tapper and new to the forums. I started T-Tapping on 8/21 and am simply amazed! I started with BWO+ then switched to MORE thinking that starting out, MORE might be better suited for me.

I just finished a 14-day BC with MORE and am now doing MORE EOD with HD's 2x/day and I will be adding BROOM to my MORE days and will be doing PBS, Step Away and HD's on off days...oh and walking my dogs (hopefully daily). Beginning

I measured when I started and have not measured since but I did take before pics and I took pics after completing BC. Although I had consumed a bit of alcohol during the 3 weeks since I started, I could see a difference in my back and also in my tummy.
      My goals for the 6 weeks:
      - Eliminate the alcohol during the week - being realistic, some weekend consumption will happen.
      - Focus on form and slow down the hoe downs
      - Start brushing

Looking forward to a consistent 6 weeks!!

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations on completing a 14 day BC! Welcome to the forum.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome here! I can understand that you are amazed. T-tapp has helped me so much! You seem to have your schedule made up. I hope you don't have any issues, but take it step by step. T-tapp is powerful and you may have read that "Less is More."

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the group.

School started today. So I guess I will work at making T-Tapp part of my routine again. I plan to slowly add it and work up to 5 days a week. I plan to do a workout today yet, even if it's short. When my 2 little ones inform me that my stomach is sort of fat, than it's time to get serious!! I am working on my posture, which has gotten really bad, namely stomach hanging out!

We are feeling rather stressed, as they are predicting snow tonight and on the weekend, and our crops are mostly in the field yet. DH said we were 1/7th done harvest!! It's pure mud right now. Well, at least I can get some things done inside. I got some lawn planted, but I didn't know what would happen if I planted more, it started germinating and than got 6 nights of frost. So I didn't. I will make some soap this week, so I have something fun to do. I have 15 lbs of tallow to render so I am starting that this afternoon.

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Bit by bit is great, you can do it!
        The comments from the little ones are harder to ignore

Aside from keeping up with my wo goals, I have been able to do chores this week that normally will cause me ridiculous pain for a few days. Hooray! Not that I love chores, lol. I still have to take care not push to the point of fatigue. I plan and chop down the housework in 10-15 minute bits, spread throughout the day and throughout the week. Resting, napping and/or T-Tapp in between. I'm just happy I am becoming more and more mobile and productive since I started T-Tapping... slowly, yes, but getting somewhere ...
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations on the improvement.

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Lois

Yesterday I had a bad session with the dentist. So I only got in a short walk.
      Today I did More 1 and 2/3 mile walk.
      I've decided not to do the BBFF for a while. I started having pain in my neck. I don't know for sure if it was the BBFF, but it might be something I'm doing wrong with it. I've wondered about the wisdom of the 'waterbug' move for me. Anyway I decided I'll go back to More 1 for a few days and see if it improves.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lois, so sorry about your neck pain. Could it be that you lifted your head too much when doing it? I did that when I couldn't do the moves well enough...

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you're probably right. It felt a little bad when I did that part. So I should have listened. Of course, if stopping BBFF doesn't make any difference, I'll have to look for another reason.

Yesterday, I purchased my very first digital workout, First Steps 1 & 2. It is similar to SF, so it was quite easy to follow along. I just need to watch the place of Teresa's hands on the legs, different and other tweaks. I had some normal headache and it totally left after the four moves that I did. I am so happy to have stopped resisting the 50% discount.

Comment

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe I'll have to look at the discount too.

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        You have today as well to phone T-tapp for the discount!

Since I did More 1 yesterday, I decided to take it easy today. I did 2 HDs and we walked 2/3 of a mile. Then the mosquitos started eating me, so we quit. They really like me.
      Lois

Comment

I finished another round of More 2 Instr this week. Splitting into 1/3 is my "sweet spot", but I tried to shorten my breaks/pauses this round. I love resetting often because my upper body still have the tendency to lean or hang forward if I am not mindful. Yesterday, I was able to complete the HD in the end w/o stopping.

I've been reading the Broom 1 dvd for a while now. I kept chickening out, I was worried about the length of wo and trigerring pain if I my form is off. I'm feeling good today though so I tried the More warm-up + Walking WO # 1. Wow! My neck feels longer, I hope it is! And no pain. I was able to apply the lessons learned from Beautiful Basics. Thanks Trisch for this guide: https://beyouthfulnfit.com/feature-f...ay-with-broom/)

The Core Focus videos been helping me the fill in a lot of blanks in my understanding. I have more and more appreciation of floor workouts so I started reading the first 7 minutes in BBFF Seq 2. The first move felt good before bed last night. Thanks Ayj67 for the suggestion, I'll be studying just one move every week.

After writing this, I realized my load seems a lot so I'll be watchful next week. Sundays are off as usual, apart from sneaky fit.
        Last edited by GreenGem; 09-15-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Piper here and I would like to join your group. I think this is just what I need to keep me motivated!

I began Tapping over a year ago using BWO and BBFF. I had good results both in inch loss and pain reduction, then life got in the way. Physical and emotional pain from a groin injury and death of my dear sister kept me away from Tapping for almost 7 months. I am ready to get back and recover the benefits I lost! I purchased More and have done the instruccional 3 times. More 1 was recommended by the office and they were correct. This is absolutely the best workout for me. Until I did it the first time, I didn't realize how out of shape and weak I had become.

I am 67 (soon to be 68) and a less to lose, short torso. Oh how I envy you long torso ladies! I have a wonderfully supportive husband and we have 5 almost perfect children and 1 perfect grandchild. I haven't measured yet but will in the morning. I have been putting this off because I don't want to know how many inches I have put back on. Reality can be so discouraging!

My goals
          * Continue instructional to improve form ..... and gain strength to Hold It, (especially KLT!)
          * Bootcamp- my goal is 7 days.
          * Reduce carbs!

Thank you, Anna Lee and GreenGem for inviting me over!
          Last edited by piper1; 09-16-2018, 11:03 AM. Reason: What was I thinking! I need to change my bootcamp goal to 4 days.   4 is an attainable, realistic goal for me, and I don't want to set myself up for failure with a goal of 7.   My old body is screamin

Comment

• GreenGem
            GreenGem commented
            Editing a comment
            glad you could join us! we're pretty flex, you can modify your goals as needed ... also, you don't have to worry about measuring if you are not up to it, many of do not measure often, particularly when the main focus is improving health ... cheers!

Hello Piper. Welcome to the group.

As Piper was doing, week one is the time when we usually introduce ourselves, even if we aren't new. I'm Lois 75, married with 5 grown kids and 18 grands. I live in eastern Oklahoma, which has gone back to Summer right now. I've been doing T-tapp for quite a while off and on. Unfortunately it was more off than on. But at least it keeps me doing something some of the time.
          Today I had a long meeting in the afternoon/evening. So I did PPW earlier. Since I haven't done it I watched the short instructional. Then I started on the 27 minute workout. But I just did the first half of it. I did the warmup half and then stopped. That was enough for today. Also did 1 HD.
          Lois

Comment

Working...
          X