shoulder pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder pain

i have had carpal tunnel surgery and elbow surgery years ago. now i have severe shoulder muscle pain outside each shoulder. hurts to raise my arms remove shirt. since t atpp is rehab what excercises can i do to help ease the pain and maybe repair this injury

What workouts do you have? MORE or Senior Fit would be best, and I'm learning towards MORE.

Butterflies are great, but you may need to lower your arms a bit to start with. Normally we start at shoulder height or slightly above. You can lower them a bit, but make sure they are equal and as much as possible in alignment with your shoulders laterally (not drifting forward or back).

Also key to rehabbing the shoulders is using your lats to lift ribs. Think of a string elevating your head tall to the ceiling while at the same time pulling in your tummy muscles so you don't arch the back.

There is a post somewhere about modifying Basic for rotator cuff that may be helpful. I'll see if I can find the link for you!

Here is a link to Butterflies on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXTRMmFLAY&t=156s

Think to use your lats to help lower and raise the arms. Also reach away from your core through your arms to help with muscle activation. Go slowly at first!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Here's the link to the post about modifications to various moves in Basic Workout and Total Workout for rotator cuff--or any shoulder--issues:

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...-modifications
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

thank you i will try these

Comment

I've been struggling with muscle activation too. Cheers for that youtube video recommendation.

Comment

Working...
          X