6 Weeks to a New You! Aug 6 - Aug 12- Wk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Aug 6 - Aug 12- Wk 2

Welcome to week 2 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hi! How is everybody doing?

In the end of last week, I got back on track after my trip to Sweden. I would like to do a workout EOD and PBS + Strengthening the Neck on the other days. As I stopped T-tapping, I noticed that some tensions came back in my neck and even some slight headache, but it is most certainly due to the heatwave. So, today I am planning on doing either a session of SF or of HHMM. I will do it in my basement in the late afternoon. I will try to remember to check in after having done it.

EDIT: Lovely moving, SF Tempo 2 sets of PBS and 4 sets of PliƩ. I hadn't done that combination since 10 May during the Challenge!! I felt some fascia relaxing or how do you say it.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 08-06-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you got home safely. I hope it was relaxing and fun!

Back problems today. We did walk 2/3 of a mile though. I did the OIP from the book CD and 2 HDs. We bought a new mattress. Maybe that will help the back.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lois, sorry about your back problems.

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope the new mattress helps.

We have had another very hot day, but this evening, it is getting windier and it is so nice to get some fresh air! I did a PBS today. I am planning on doing PPW #1 tomorrow. I may read it tonight.

Comment

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      I have PPW but I've never done it. Let me know how it goes. Maybe I'll try it.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I have already tried PPW #2 but it was too quick for me. I am sure that it is very good for those who don't have HIIT problems. My heart cannot take it when it is racing up too fast, no heart problems, but I always need to start out calmly. I do not have any severe heart pb which I am very grateful for. Then I did the 2nd part of PPW #1 which isn't a whole Track 1 workout though. Today, I will be doing PPW #1 all of it!! I will tell you how it went. Everybody says good things about it.

We got rain and a thunderstorm today. We got over an inch of rain. And it cooled off too.
    We got our whole mile walk in.
    And this evening I did the OIP and 2 HDs again.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah, you go, Lois!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      How wonderful for the rain! We need rain so badly. There's two wildfires in my area.

I dug out SITTM last week and I did it again today. It really suits my mood right now. I've also been doing a lot of walking outside when it's cool. We're in a heat wave right now, too. Thursday and Friday are expected to be around 104F/40C. Saturday it should cool off again, though, with a high of 78F/25C. And it is cool at night and in the morning. But we had to keep our windows closed last night because of smoke.

I'm going to do some T-Tapp Tuesday now.

My kids' therapist is moving away and yesterday was their last appointment with her. She's a real gem, one in a million. They'll get a replacement but, sometimes you just know it will never be the same again. I'm pretty emotional about it but we're moving on.
    Lisa. 45 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
    Current favorites: 2016 Retreat Review Monday Workout & BBFF. I miss the holiday workouts!
    Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lisa, SITTM, isn't that one of the walking workouts...? We had those temperatures this past week and since yesterday it is about 78F/25C. How do you do when you choose to do some T-tapp Tuesday? do you make a couple of moves in any order?

Organic cleaning: in the morning, general cleaning, vacuuming and mopping in about 1 1/2 hour and in the late afternoon, 9 windows + panes washed in 1 1/2 hour! Yah, feeling great!!

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah! feels so good to clean your house!

Back problems Monday. Not so bad yesterday. And today was even better. Still taking it easy though. We didn't finish our walk because of schedule. But I did More 1 Chair and also a HD.

Anna Lee, part of my house got cleaned today. But it wasn't me that did it. I have a cleaning person about once a week. I've been trying to clean up some 'piles' (pilling it higher and deeper). But since the back problems started, that has stopped. Fortunately it doesn't hurt greatly. Just enough to remind me that I don't want to do "that".
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lois, I am glad that your back is feeling better. I continued to clean the windows and panes today -such a feeling of satisfaction. Now, I am about to do some T-tapping, considering BBFF #2 or SATI...

Today I de-frosted the upright freezer in the garage. (You can tell it's old if it needs defrosting.)It has needed doing for weeks. But I didn't feel like it or my schedule wasn't good to do it. Today was the day and it got done. Yay.
    Unfortunately DH has Diverticulitis. So he feels really bad. He also had a skin cancer removed above his eye earlier in the week. So both his head and his gut hurt. He's taking antibiotics now, so his gut is somewhat better.
    We walked about 2/3 of a mile. And I did More 1 Chair again. Also a couple of HDs during the day. That one seems to be my 'go to' if I don't feel like doing something longer.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

Did half an hour of RRMW today. And did a bunch of housework. The air quality if really bad here so I only took a very short walk. I felt like going running but it's a bad idea with this much smoke in the air.
      Lisa. 45 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
      Current favorites: 2016 Retreat Review Monday Workout & BBFF. I miss the holiday workouts!
      Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

Yesterday, Sat. I felt really good. I did More 1. Also worked outside for a little while. And we walked a mile.

I told you this Friday. "Unfortunately DH has Diverticulitis. So he feels really bad. He also had a skin cancer removed above his eye earlier in the week. So both his head and his gut hurt. He's taking antibiotics now, so his gut is somewhat better." By Sat night he was feeling really bad. I got my dil from next door to check him out. She is a nurse. She told him to go to the emergency room. He felt bad enough that he agreed. So we spent Sat night in the emergency room until 4 in the morning. Turns out he has a kidney stone on top of all the other problems. He says some people are just lucky.

So today, Sun we missed church and spent the day resting up. I did walk in the evening. But DH was "taking a nap until bedtime" in the recliner. (That's one of my Dad's sayings.). He's awake right now though. So I'm going in to ask how things are going. He hardly ever complains. You have to ask.
        Lois
        Lois

Comment

Working...
        X