Challenge accountability thread Week 5 May 13-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge accountability thread Week 5 May 13-19

We are soon halfway through the Challenge! Week 5!

I am planning on doing lighter SF sessions (not go too far) and my 3-4 morning moves plus get in enough rest in between. I need to build up my stamina in a steady way as Ayj wrote and listening to my body as Trisch wrote in the other thread Challenge accountability Techniques and schedules...My huge struggle is to get back on track for the bad snack detox...

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      We can do it ladies!!! All things considerin we have been consistently working out every week!!! And we've made measurable health gains!!!

p.s. my lab report received more compliments than my physical appearance, lol.

Ok...LOL so my plan is to concentrate on More 1 this week and see if I can do the full instructional EOD, if not I will split it but try and be more consistent. I also need to get this bad snacking under control because I am sure it not helping.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 6 y.o. grandson and 2 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      So, having to dial it back a bit. Today was Core Focus with Trisch and OIP/HF/Elevator sequence from book DVD. I am good to let this rest right here.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Alisa, yah for More 1 yesterday and for Core Focus with Trisch and OIP/HF/elevator sequence today. I haven't done that one yet...As for your schedule, I think it sounds good but I am still a newbie !! Wise of you to have a total rest day if needed. Personally, I have a hard time getting in those kind of days. I am doing my 3-4 fav morning moves on lighter days. As for the ginger thins, I have more of them, but my motivation will be to give them to my students - I planned to buy a couple of boxes for that reason.

Day 2 without any bad snacks, so far so good...I hope that you are right about SF. I think that I had less sugar cravings when I did parts of that workout...

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Eliana, once you start understanding the concept, why things are happening and how much this helps, it is addicting. Good luck with the Ginger Thins. I have not had a "no bad snack day" yet this week...maybe today

Joining the bandwagon on avoiding some snacks, lol, I craved choc chip cookies after my period but it is time to go back to my GM on most days plan again.

Also, planning for a lower intensity wo week.
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, GreenGem, so we are at least three to stay accountable as for the snacking.

Eliana, Shhhh LOL we are in week 5 already?? Ugh! I wanted to be further along, but I LOVE that I have gotten to connect with two (and more) awesome ladies during this and find a WO that will work for me. I was hoping to be able to start a 10 or 14 day BC this week, but am willing to take it slow if needed. We will see how I feel tomorrow. I absolutely have to practice those HDs more often because I can feel it around my hip when I do them so I need to build that up.

We can do this!! As long as we are consistent, no matter what that is for each of us, we have success!!

Alisa
    Mother and Grandmother to a 6 y.o. grandson and 2 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Hooray indeed!
      In More 2, Berei does NOT let her head go down as much as Teresa for head rocks and oil wells. I'm guessing we're doing ok just going as far as we can.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 05-15-2018, 05:52 PM.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Eliana, Yes I am doing More 1. I feel like I need something "easy." (what an oxymoron LOL) In all honesty, I do not think a REAL BC will happen LOL but if I can just be consistent even on the semi off days to fit moves in, that is a BC for me. More 1 went pretty well. I am a little sore this afternoon but not as much as usual. The real test will be in the morning.

GreenGem, When I did More Instructional last week I tried to do the moves fully. I had to split it up between Monday and Tuesday and then had severe back pain the rest of the week (could be my lady parts ?). So this week, I am taking it easier and that has to be OK because if I am sore I do not want to do anything at all.

The parts where we bend, I am not quite flat back. Once I can feel a little discomfort, I back off a bit and do not go past that points. On OWs I do not rock passed where the discomfort is. Does that make sense?

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes a lot of sense! That's my strategy too, just within my comfy zone. No need to push beyond what we can do at the moment. Our best form and stamina will improve over time as we heal. Rest as needed, so important so you can back with your best.

Personally, I am worse on my completely off days - I bloat or have pains. So I try to spread my capacity to 6 days. Little bits each day is better for me than 3x week or eod. Sundays are off days just because, then it takes me 2 days after to make-up for the uptick of symptoms.

Oops, I realized I lost a "not" in my previous post, I will edit now.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 05-15-2018, 06:07 PM.

I felt so good to do parts of SF at 10ish in the morning. I got some headache that has now been translated into migraine. I did HDs, but it didn't help...My goal is to have a good healthy supper soon and try try try hard not to have any Swedish IKEA ginger thins...I may sit down and paint and draw instead of thinking about them...Wiser choice, right??

EDIT: I am wondering if the -25% of medicine can be the reason for my migraine. I also have a new daily rhythm as I am not on holiday anymore.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 05-15-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ayj, I think that it has a lot to do with changes in my daily life rhythm, dehydration...I don't know what kind of food that could trigger a migraine. But I will try out some of the foods that you mentioned next time. Thank you again for your input!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Eliana, Sugar and salt are two major ones that would cause migraines. I get headaches when I do not hydrate enough (half my body weight in water a day) or eat too much junk. The cayene makes sense too because it increases blood flow. Try water, 1/4 of a lemon squeezed in and a sprinkle or two of cayene. It will be a bit spicey but should help next time. Just some thoughts...XX

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Last night, I woke up with a migraine, I had a natural yoghurt with cayenne pepper and it helped!! Yah!

Sorry for the spammer that got by me! I was out grocery shopping and am just now getting caught up a little!

Anytime someone embeds links, you can mouse over it without clicking on it and it should show whether it's legit. I wouldn't trust anything from a "new" user, anyway, especially when they haven't introduced themselves at all. Just a precaution!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that was scary! =8-0

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I have not been paying good attention to my friends in the threads because I totally missed this Anytime someone starts a thread and it is not one of YOU ladies LOL I dismiss it...especially if it is sports related. I know we have guys here but they are usually talking fitness not sports

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      I also missed this...!

This morning, I cleaned the house and then I did the first part of the HHMM Instr Spinal Curl until the end of Oil Wells. It felt great! I feel that my stamina is more stabilized so I will continue to move but watch out to overdo. Today, I did more than I thought that I would be able to. Day 3 of the bad snack detox! It feels so good to be back on track, taking one day after the other. We have 4 1/2 weeks left of the Challenge!! You go, ladies!!
    Wishing you all a lovely day!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoopee!!! Rooting for you as always.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoohoo that you were able to do more than expected. I love it when I can do a little bit more and still feel ok.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, ladies!

I planned a slow week for wo because of other things going on. But I am bloating more, feeling more foggy and slumped. So last night, I "forced" myself to do full pbs, More 1 Broom while stepping on some parts and Berei Plie sample from First Step. I am glad I did. I woke up feeling fresher and bloating has subsided. Lesson learned.
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, I am so glad that you could do those moves and feel much better!

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      So awesome you were able to fit a workout in and feel better!!

We had waffles today (one of my two weekly treats) and I felt like doing SATI. I pushed quite hard, I will definitely take tomorrow off.
    Hoping you are all fine!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Well earned waffle and break
Working...
X