6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 12 - Mar 18 - Wk 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Mar 12 - Mar 18 - Wk 5

Welcome to week 5 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Hang on Ladies, let us have a consistent 5th Week!

Goals:
    - More 1 Instructional spread to 6-8 days, still figuring out better fatigue management.
    - Align body with T-Tapp moves as needed to manage pain & discomfort
    - Keep reading about Wahls + count veggie servings each day this week (strive for 5 c a day beside fruits) + minimizen or eliminate wheat
    - T-Tapp stance or alternative before meals or snack
    - Keep reading about PBS in F&F in 15min book and:
    ......Flatback Tips by Trisch 1 and 2 and 3
    ......PBS as a self-contained form lesson by Lannette
    ......Arms in PBS by Sherry
    - Daily outdoor time
    - Watercolor or another hobby at least once
    - Rest as needed
    Last edited by GreenGem; 03-13-2018, 11:43 AM.
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenGem, you can do it!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great goals!

During this week, I will try to go less online even if I know that it will be very hard for me. A partial internet detox may help me to do some other activities: thinking, reading, painting, drawing, maybe even some gardening (still looking for the virus)... So, I may check in less often, but I will of course continue T-tapping! I will be alterning my DVDs as I feel like doing it: Senior Fit, SATI and More 1/2.
    EDIT: And I forgot to tell you that I *have* started my snack detox plus I will be doing my four fav mornning moves (PBS R/S JT and TTT) on lighter days. I just started again today. It felt great and still does!

Have a great week!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 03-13-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes You Can, too!

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, my friend!

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you! I have to cut back on my online time, also. I was doing really well for awhile and then I was selling some things and had to check my email often to answer questions. It got me back into the habit of going online multiple times a day! I also started snacking again! Today is the day! Only fresh veggies as snacks.

I didn't do any exercise yesterday, well maybe some BFs. Today I did More 2. I started out to do the PBS on it and then switch to BBFF. But when it came time to switch I just kept doing More. My body just said no. My other plan was to work in the yard some today. But the weather didn't cooperate on that. But at least I did the More2.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Every bit counts towards consistency. You are an inspiration to newbies anf anyone struggling to fit in a w.o.

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      BFs are butterflys. It's just an arm movement. But it is supposed to help lower blood suger, as are HDs (hoedowns). But if I've finished a meal or had a high sugar snack I will sometimes do one or the other to help with blood sugar. I don't have diabietes (can't remember how to spell it). But I figure it should help, especially since I haven't stopped with the chocolate.
      Lois

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you listened to your body.

Well, well, I am here again. This morning, I did my four favourite morning moves. It felt great and I had lots of water before, during and after - great way to start the day.
    Last night, I didn't snack, I only had too much good cheese...guess I needed it...

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, well hello there =D Cheeses are one of my weaknesses.

So I am here, too, reading about PBS, then ending up clicking a link about something else. Lol, when there's so much to learn, it is sometimes hard to stop. Many times I'll end up clicking on a hidden gem, like last night. I do not have FB but I can see the video. I'm watching it again today. So great for newbies!!!

Teresa's Live Stream Video May 10, 2016 (Sound is on at about the 1:40 mark, video is about 20 minutes)
    - Plenty of focus on basics - alignment, posture, activation, etc.
    - The camera zooms in on what's she's talking (so helpful!)
    - She demontrates while barefoot, there's a lot to learn about the ankle, arch and toes.

More motivation from Teresa's Radio Interview. Another gem I found, that I just needed to hear today. I will start listening to her other interviews, once a week, for motivation.
    Last edited by GreenGem; 03-13-2018, 02:19 PM.
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...

Comment

Popping in. Even though I hardly ever make it here any more, I still think of this thread as my T-Tapp family. I have been doing abominably with consistency, but I'm still getting at least a workout a week, even if little else. How did I fall so miserably off the wagon, I wonder? The thing about T-Tapp is that, even when I'm not Tapping, it's still in my brain. After all these years, there's a constant rhetoric about posture and holding that tummy in, always playing in the background. I've been having some pain between my shoulder blades lately, and honestly, I've had to take it easy during workouts to make sure that I don't hurt it again. Not sure why, but even PBS, formerly my lifesaver, is aggravating it. Trying to be very gentle and not push.

So today I did MORE, and though I am feeling some soreness, I'm hoping it's the good kind. There's no doubt that I have lost muscle tone over the past few months, and I'm determined not to go back to hip pads and bra pudge! Having tasted the sweetness of being without that, I am not going back!
      Ronda

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm rooting for you!

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ronda, you Can do it! Welcome back

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to see you!

Today was an 'off' day. So did a couple of HDs. This evening I did the OIP/HF dvd.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lois, I am considering to do the OIP/HF one day, but I don't know when...

Did PBS & then warm up on senior fit. Cramped up when rolling hips over... so I’m probably gonna need to really watch my form and Teresa next time.
      Love your determination green gem & eliana!! Makes me enthused to be here! I show I got almost 10,000 steps in today, but I wonder if it counted me rocking my baby.....??? I was outside but I didn’t think I’d walked around that much....??

Comment

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah for 10,100 steps! Lovely moves. Sorry about the cramps though. Had you drunk enough water before starting the warmup?? Just like GreenGem, I like to understand things and I am making my own T-tapp file. I have printed out *lots* of sheets from the threads that are very important to me. It has helped me to get help and right focus.

• sunshinegirl
        sunshinegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Drinking enough water, is a thought....??? I did the workout in the evening and I Must keep up my water intake for breastfeeding... So ???? I would have had over 64oz but maybe that was my problem. I Do need to be more consistent with taking magnesium.. maybe that would have helped too????

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was using a fitbit I found that it didn't count t-tapp exercise very well. Very frustrating to me at the time.

This morning, I did my four fav morning moves again and I used more of the Senior Fit activation and it got much harder. I was slightly nauseous so I had lots of water, did the kick kick and step step after each move (like in the SF). With my new snack detox, I can feel that I lack some salt...In the late morning, I did some organic workout: household tasks plus 30 min vacuuming plus mopping. It is my Wednesday task.

Comment

I just finished PBS, Warm-Up Senior Fit and went the the Intro on Senior Fit. Whew! I can totally see why Trainer Michelle told me it was the 'KILLER' workouts and highly recommended it! There's a Lot of activation going on! And Ive got some gaining to do!
        The good deals Teresa gives...Through the years I have bought quite a bit, and just received yet another discount coupon from my last purchase! Win-Win for her! But I do want to use the coupon, I do not have Turn Back Time yet. And Trisch commented that the digital Fascia Stretch was really good. Is there some others i should consider?

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Great moves! I know what you mean with the activation in the SF moves. Have I told you that so far, I haven't done so many moves from the SF DVD? I believe that it will take me months to discover the different combinations of moves. And the day when I do the whole 47 min Tempo workout, I really wonder if it will arrive...?

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you'll love Turn Back Time. It's one of my all-time favorites. Once you've gone through Senior Fit thoroughly, you can do Turn Back Time. It's everything I love about Senior Fit but it's 35 minutes. Plus it has a 25 minute floor workout that is similar to BBFF. I lost a lot of inches doing Turn Back Time standing. It also have my favorite version of PBS.

I also love Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch.

The coupon might not be good on digital products. If it's not, that might help you decide.

I am so thankful I don't get painful migraines anymore. First Steps 1 & 2, when they came out as a trial back in December of 2015, is what made them decrease a lot. But I realize I still get "migraine episodes" but with significantly less pain in my head. It's like a mild to moderate headache with migraine symptoms (noise & light sensitivity, nausea alternating with extreme hunger, and fatigue). I'm still kind of recovering from what I had over the weekend PLUS the intense hunger without the energy to cook had me eating pretty carb heavy over the weekend. I don't eat low carb but I don't eat high carb either, typically. So I feel kind of blah from how I ate over the weekend. I just threw caution to the wind and ate whatever I felt like.

Today is a new day. Water, green tea, healthy meals. I am starting to see bare patches in the lawn. Pretty soon I can plant peas, spinach, and kale.

Yesterday I did TBT standing and floor. Today I did HTF Tempo. It amazes me how my heart rate can get up during a floor workout. T-Tapp on the floor really is cardio conditioning as well.
        Lisa. 45 years old.
        Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
        T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!
        Current favorites: Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch & Hit the Floor Tempo. I miss the holiday workouts!
        Living in the Selkirk mountains.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lisa, I also have a tendency to get headache or migraines. T-tapp has helped in a general way, even if me decreasing the antideps has made me more sensitive to them again. Are First Steps digital workouts? It is always nice to read about your floor workout experiences. As you may remember, I haven't bought any yet, concentrating on the ones that I have. I also think that if I ordered some new ones now, I would not be able to focus as much as I would like if I do join the 60 day challenge.

• Soliloquy72
          Soliloquy72 commented
          Editing a comment
          First Steps 1 & 2
          First Steps 3 & 4

Those two workouts are only available as digital I believe.

First Steps Fascia Fitness (FSFF) is available both as digital and DVD. It's a very advanced workout, though, and it's not recommended that anyone jump to that without at least mastering Senior Fit first, preferable Senior Fit and also one of the other First Steps. I love FSFF but I can only do it when I feel mentally prepared. It requires so much focus. My body could do the whole hour but my brain poops out after 30 minutes.

I think it's a great idea to focus on the workouts that you have. You have your whole life ahead of you to move through the other ones!

Sometimes your day just takes a 'left turn' when you were planning something else. I went to the Dr today expecting to get my regular blood work (because I take thyroid meds) and get a regular checkup. Instead he heard me coughing while he was still in the hall and we did the cough instead. I've had this since last spring when I had the Pneumonia. It had become 'normal' to me. I ended up going for x-rays for the chest and sinuses. The diagnosis was Sinusitis. Now I'm on an antibiotic and a cough suppressant.

By the time I finally got home I was feeling bad. I don't know if it was because of the fasting, the stress, or just mentally that I wasn't well. Maybe it was a combination.

I only did some BFs. And DH & I walked 2 rounds up our street. That's 2/3 of a mile. But I was going really slow by the time we stopped. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
        Lois
        Lois

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lois, sorry about your coughing. Good that you could walk for a while yesterday.

<3 Reading your posts motivates me <3 You all have been able to fit in workout or a few moves. Hooray!!!!

I almost took a day off from w.o. completely, but was able to do 3 moves. My little peas wanted to w.o. Teresa and Michael, and the new one with Berei, so I sorta went with the motions too.

Our TappCore 1/2 arrived! My little peas will have to manage to w.o on their own, since I have my own track to follow. Their enthusiasm is the reason I want to share information about the TappCore program with their teachers. Fingers crossed =D
        Last edited by GreenGem; 03-15-2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenGem, how nice that your children want to do T-tapping!

I've done workouts 3 days this week. I didn't get any done yesterday, as I went to visit my friend with the broken hip. I wonder if I will ever get to the place where I actually feel better, having done a workout. I've been feeling worse after T Tapping again, mainly shaky. I was to the point where I felt the same after, as I did before. Well, at least I'm not laid up with a broken hip!

I'm going to hopefully finish another quilt top this morning, which I made out of a pile of scraps from church's sewing room. Than this afternoon, I am meeting with quilting club and we are all going to take some training on using our new long arm quilting machine. It makes me a bit nervous, but I do have a queensize quilt that needs quilting.

The sun is brightly shining, and snow has been melting. We're supposed to get more snow and temps down to -20 C again. Yes, the season of mud is right around the corner.

Comment

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          <<hugs>> I hope you find your good sweet spot again. Congrats on your new tool, I get a bit nervous with new stuff, too, but I hope it helps with your quilting.

• okielois
          okielois commented
          Editing a comment
          You aren't doing a workout before you eat and getting low blood sugar shakes, are you?

• northmom
          northmom commented
          Editing a comment
          I generally never work out on an empty stomach. I also take a good dose of ReMag every day. I'm guessing it's a stage I'm passing through, as it was better for awhile.
      Working...
      X