Calf tightness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calf tightness

I have been working with BWO+, but I get incredible tightness down the sides of my calves and into my ankles. I have been trying to walk as well and cannot get very far before the tightness causes me to stop. I've been sedentary quite a while and I imagine the muscles have shortened from lack of use. I'm stretching, but not seeing the progress that is leading to mobility. Even as I type this I am aware of a tightness down the sides of my lower legs. Any suggestions?

Hi Daylily,

The foot exercises help me release the tightness in the foot to knee area, check these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFoLoOut3lQ

(middle of w.o. sequence, if I remember correctly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LLUhTwXjnk

Also, have you tried foam rolling or using balls for self-masage? I have tried glass or firm plastic bottles, with warm water, too. I learned from my physical therapist. Here's a guide.

I hope you find relief and get more suggestions.

HTH!
    Last edited by GreenGem; 03-11-2018, 10:27 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

Another tip to try--shift weight into your heels before pushing knees out. That will stabilize your ankles and put less pressure on your calves. It will also activate your entire let if you think to turn out the leg from ankles to knees to hips vs just pushing knees out.

Kick out often--after each move, between each set of Plies and between sides of moves. That will help as you build muscle strength and endurance.

One more thing--be sure you activate core vs just tucking tailbone under. Think belly button UP and back to spine, then tighten the buns. Watch that your toes aren't "scrunching" and gripping inside your shoes--they try to "help" the core out! Weight in heels will help correct that and help remind you to tuck using core.

Let me know if that helps!
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

You can also use magnesium gel or lotion and rub your calves and ankles before your workout or after to help. Sometimes muscle cramping is a sign of low magnesium. I also rub my lower legs down before a workout when I'm dealing with muscle tightness due to inconsistency with my moves. HTH!
        ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
        -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

I have very tight calf muscles, too. The above suggestions have helped me. I don't know if you have any floor workouts but I often do a loosening/lymph moving move that is on most of the floor workouts.

Lie on your back, legs straight up, lower back pushed in the floor. Alternate flexing and pointing your feet several times. Then rotate your feet several times in each direction.

I also do trigger point therapy at home. I have a kit that I bought but golf balls and a rolling pin will work. You can find videos on YouTube for massaging your legs with golf balls and/or a rolling pin. Breathe VERY DEEPLY while you're doing it. I have tendonitis and bound fascia in both calves so it was very painful for me the first time but I had such amazing relief that first time I did it that I kept at it. It really helps. Just do it gently at first and build up to a pressure that feels best to you.
          Lisa. 45 years old.
          Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
          T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Oh, and if I miss my ReMag I can feel it in my calves! I have to take 2 capfuls a day.
            Lisa. 45 years old.
            Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
            T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

These are all GREAT suggestions, everyone. thank you. I'm going to give them a try and let you know how I fare.

Comment

Working...
              X