6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 26 - Mar 4 - Wk 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Feb 26 - Mar 4 - Wk 3

Welcome to week 3 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Happy 3rd Week Everyone!

I have better appreciation of PBS in More 1 after last week. With Trisch's Activation Tips, it is a workout by itself. Not letting go of the tummy while flat back is still a challenge but has gotten better. I am inching towards Track 1, that is still a long-term goal, but I am in no hurry.

Goal: Short workout everyday this week, PBS + 1 or 2 moves using More 1 Instructional and "read" Trisch's Activation Tips often.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......

So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing how even just one adjustment can make such a big difference.

Hello everybody!

GreenGem, nice that you feel that the PBS is going better.

This week, I will be concentrating on moves from the Senior Fit DVD (lots of good info from Ayj in another thread!) and alterning with More 1 or 2 plus SATI if I feel like having some change.

As I wrote in one of my posts some time ago, I am leaving to go to Sweden. I will probably go ice skating with my niece and my sister. But I *really* need to continue my morning PBS, and get in moves from the Senior Fit. Yesterday, I didn't do my morning PBS and I felt it in my neck. In the morning just before the PBS, I do loose moves with my shoulders and torso to get the water/collagene etc moving after the night.

I know that I will see and find some Swedish food, treats etc, and I want to enjoy that too, without overdoing if possible.

My decreasing of antideps is going really fine. Day 3 with 0 mg/ounce today, some headache that left thanks to the 30 min moves from the SF: 5 sets of PBS and 3 sets of Plié! Wow!

I hope to be able to check in now and then during this week in Sweden: 2/27 until 3/6 in the American way. the other day, I wrote it in the European way (27/2-6/3) and a friend thought that I would stay a couple of months in Sweden...

EDIT: I have a tiny beginning of a cold...hoping that it will leave as fast as last time and not get started.
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-26-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a wonderful trip!!!!! A vacation should be fun and relaxing so do whatever seems fun.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisa, thank you!

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thoroughly enjoy yourself!
      Its good you are able to taper off your antidep without major issues. This is something I’ve been reading about lately as a family member is getting ready to stop some meds. It seems a very slow taper is needed in order for many people to avoid terrible side effects- and doctors don’t always instruct patients to taper so slowly.

This morning I did the BBFF-sequence 3 at the beginning. I just did enough to get in the standing stretches to learn how and a little bit more on the floor (until my calves cramped up).
    This afternoon I did the OIP/HF and 2 HDs.
    Tomorrow will probably be less because I have places to be all day. Tues & Thurs are my days with more things out of the house. So MWF will be the days I do more.
    Lois
    Lois

Comment

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      Busy days make it hard! I accidentally discovered that doing OIP/HF at night close to bed time can actually be like a mindful meditation for me since I really focus on using those transverse abdominals.
      Might not be that way for everyone- but it was a pleasant surprise for me to realize this for myself.

Hoping to do 2-3 floor workouts this week and 1-2 standing or stepping this week. Off to do BBFCF right now. I've never gotten through the whole thing. We'll see what happens today. Toddler is a bit cranky.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m looking forward to expanding my T-Tapp aresenal. I’m still only doing BWO super slow or tempo with a few extra moves.
      I’m looking forward to doing floor workouts.
      I wish Teresa would have more digital offerings.

I'm hoping to get some workouts in this week--last week didn't go as well due to all the life interruptions. But it's a new week!

GreenGem, you commented over on Habit Formers about my daughter's birthday tea. I thought some pictures might show her creativity! She made all the food (well, she bought the bread for the sandwiches!) and she and her sisters did the decorations!

Oldest and youngest daughters! (#1 and #7!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	28235697_386787178459198_63781857872153644_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	25980

Macarons, raspberry lemon tarts, lime mini cheesecakes
    and pineapple cream cheese sandwiches.

Click image for larger version  Name:	28335860_386787228459193_6695162544872939926_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	25981

Decorations (and cupcakes!)
    My second daughter lettered the name
    cards.

Click image for larger version  Name:	28336229_386787371792512_2385927328301033522_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	25982

More decorations.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	28423184_386787308459185_539128381621221129_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	25983
    Last edited by BlessedMama; 02-27-2018, 12:04 AM.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, my almost 17 yr old (on the right in the pic) made them with a friend who cam to stay the week. She was not happy because the insides stuck to the wax paper when they were dry but that was on the inside. I can tell you they were better than ANY macarons like that I have ever had! She made scones and whipped cream, too. Glad you trained your boys! Our little guys were a bit grumpy they had to wait until after the party to get their share! LOL!

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful photos! Talented children you have! That last photo- all pink and white- is magazine worthy. So pretty.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww little gents

I am so thankful! I just have to tell you that I feel so much stronger in my core and in my arms that carrying my 44 pound-suit-case up quite a number of steps here and it was *so* doable. It was heavy, but using my core, ribs up etc helped loads. My rucksack weighs about 19 pds. Regularly hunching my shoulders to relax them after the effort.

I posted in the Habit Formers thread and I copy it here as I don't know if everybody reads that thread... "I know that today's moves won't count (that is for the Habit Formers challenge) but in the morning, I was stretching my arms/back almost every hour, at 11ish I did 10 min++ stepping with the trolley, keeping mitten hands on its vertical handle, it is noon now and I will soon be doing another 10 min walking and more to come this afternoon... " But this totally counts for a smoother 12-hour-trip!!
    Last edited by Anna Lee; 02-27-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's wonderful!!!

• nj696
      nj696 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it when I have “real life” victories- like you did- related to my working out! It’s a great motivator to keep going.

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comments! I did continue, but I wrote about it in the HF thread.

Finished BBFCF yesterday! I'm glad I did it but I don't plan on doing it often. 30 minutes 5 days a week works better for me than 50 minutes EOD. Off to do HTF Tempo now.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

There was a time - about 6 months ago- where I was doing 2 or 3 different forms of exercise at the same time....just trying anything to get results. I had been mixing it all up trying BBG, Pilates, weight lifting, cardio for a couple years- with negligible positive results.
      But now....now I have T-Tapp. I started this 3 weeks ago telling myself that I wasn’t going to be one of the ones who saw a fast change. I couldn’t even let myself get my hopes up.
      Well, I have results. In 3 weeks I’ve lost over 10 inches. I’ve continued to lose after the boot camp. We are approaching vacation, so I tried on a couple swimsuits that I was not able to wear the past 2 summers- and- I’m very close to being able to wear them with confidence. But the wildest thing is my scale is not moving much. I started at 129/130lbs, and I’ve been at 127 for 1.5 weeks. Yet- I’m still losing inches. Clothes fit better. This is crazy! If I were to go by the scale- my target weight is 118/119 (I’m 5’2”) But I’m not sure that’s going to happen. My body shape is changing in a different way than when I exercised and got results in the past. My menopause belly with childbirth stretch marks is still my biggest trouble spot, but it is shrinking.
      I’m also dry brushing- which was so scratchy at first, but now I love it. It’s still too soon, but I’m looking forward to seeing the benefits of that.

Comment

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! You are obviously gaining muscle density--WOO-HOO! I lost 25 lbs my first year of T-Tapp, then gained 10 back the second year! But I continued to lose inches and sizes. A trainer here on the forums assured me that if I were still losing inches in spite of gaining weight, that was muscle! Obviously if I had a huge weight gain that would be different, but that wasn't the case. I went on to lose 8 sizes but only 30 lbs! Even now, with menopause doing its "thing", I weigh about 10-15 lbs less than my highest weight, but I'm 5-6 sizes smaller than I was then! Muscle density ROCKS!
        And if your clothes fit--THAT is the ultimate "measurement"!

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, and an interesting tidbit--Teresa worked in the modeling industry for 20 years and said they NEVER weighed the models! It was about how the clothes fit and hung for "display" on the models--not their weight! So if it's good enough for models to not weigh.....

• Anna Lee
        Anna Lee commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Trisch that your clothes fitting is the ultimate measurement!

Watercolor at a friend's house this morning. Then a group harp rehearsal this afternoon. I got a few moves here and there, mostly while driving. And I did 2 HDs this evening. Tomorrow I'll get in more moves.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

LOL! I really have been 'off' on schedule, i posted this last night to Week 2...
        It's been too long since i last posted!! Influenza walked through our door last week and hung around too long!! But everyone is better and I was able to get a good full workout in finally on Saturday! It felt so good! Then skipped Sunday and did Step Away the inches again yesterday. I did very little while the kids were sick but i would do maybe KLT going up the stairs or PBS or OIP/HF or even just Ribs Up & East/west breathing throughout the days. I might be dreaming but it seems to me I have slimmed some more.... I Need to measure!! I had kinda a bum day today, and landed up making cookies and of course nibbled my fair share and my day just kinda happened along with no workout.... Im happy to go to bed and wake up to a new day!

Comment

Some TappCore yesterday, all by myself. DH told me last night he needed to T-Tapp again. He hasn't much in the last week, due to schedules. So, hopefully this morning.

We've had our fair share of flu and sickness this winter, including chicken pox. Next ones will be breaking out in them shortly if they get them. It would only be the youngest 2 that haven't had them. I have battled something off and on since before Christmas.

We are supposed to get more snow and high winds tonight. DH ends up clearing our road so we can get out. The county got a large tractor in to push the snow banks back. If that all fills up with snow, well, we will be home for awhile! 70 km winds are predicted for tonight. Than down to -25 C again for a couple days.

I hope to keep finishing my projects, a small quilt top and some shams. Than I can clear my sewing counter off for once and for all. We ordered closet doors and DH wants to start painting those today. we are slowly finishing our house. Once closet doors are up, all that's left is all the trim and flooring for the basement. Oh,and our decks! Hopefully, we can do at least one deck this summer.

Comment

This morning, I did the SATI and it felt great! On Friday, my sister will maybe do a T-tapp workout with me. I would like her to watch some Youtube videos to understand the stance.

Comment

Just finished BBFF... doing it slow and stopping a fair bit to reset form.
              Some questions that keep rolling around in my head...
              Michelle told me when i did my 4 week challenge with her that she could tell i had spinal mis-alignment, which she could understand since i just had a baby. My pinky finger would spread out more and off from my others when jazzed........So what other ways can a person tell if they are mis-aligned? And BBFF probably is the Best workout to get re-aligned..??
              My 11 year old is so curved at the low back and rear area. And so i was having him stand along the wall and try to push his low back into the wall until there was no air space and he just couldn't do it. Also he walks normal but more on the ball of his feet with his toes up and very light touch of the heels as they hit the floor. What all could i do to help him now??? before he's set in stone?? I haven't had him to our family chiropractor yet, and i should get him in there. But in the meantime what could i do to help him? He seems to curl his mid back plenty too i think. Like slouch shoulder and let his mid back curl outward.. if that makes sense.
              And on these lovely stretch marks.... dry brushing removes pretty much all of them? I do use geraniam essential oil on them. I got an extra brush so i have one in each bathroom. Is there more i can do?
              I also bought alfalfa from Teresa... How many shall i start out with? and when will i know that I'm taking the amount thats just right for me?
              And her vitamin D... Do i take that 4,000iu each day? or how often?

Comment

There are many nuances to tell about misalignments. The pinky falling away from the hand shows an issue near the shoulder blade. Teresa caught that on me so I know that one well! Yes, BBFF or floorwork is best because the floor absolutely will not let you cheat! You might not be able to go as far, as low, as straight, etc but you will find your max and the floor will help. The fascia stretches at the beginning of each segment of BBFF are vital. If you do digital workouts, Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch is an expanded version and it's GREAT!

Sometimes a shoulder will pitch forward a bit or hunch a bit compared to the other, or you will see a hip turn a bit during some moves.

When your son is against the wall, are his feet out about 4-6 inches? And he may not be able to get his back flat, but the action of belly button up and back to spine to do his best will help. And he will get a "feel" for what "normal for him" is. So you could measure the airspace with his natural curve, then measure again when he brings belly button up and back to spine to tuck under and see the difference. That is his "norm". Have him close his eyes and think about what that feels like to help imprint it on his mind-to-muscle connection.

Have him work on shifting weight into the heels as much as he can. He still has a lot of growing ahead of him so he can relearn! He's young! Have your chiropractor check for scoliosis. The upper back sounds like a compensation for the lower.

My first Retreat I met a lady who told me she used to look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame! I could NOT believe it! She said T-Tapp helped her to straighten her body, but if she went even a few days without at least Primary Back Stretch, her body would start to twist back into that position. She was able to strengthen her muscles to pull her upright! AMAZING!

You also could check into Egoscue---they have clinics around the US and they do Skype sessions, too. One of my daughters is going to a clinic in Chicago and it's amazing what results they get with postural therapy!

Dry brushing helps the stretch marks, so do dead sea mineral salt baths and masks. Use a natural lotion/oil. Teresa's Skin Saver Body mixed with shea or mango butter is yummy!

Start with 6 Alfalfa daily. You can tell by how your skin starts responding as well as hormones, if you have PMS type symptoms.

I take a different vitamin D and I am taking 16-20,000 IU daily in the winter. I'm in northern IN and know my levels have been low in the past.

Hope that is helpful!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
                ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
                ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
                -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
                X