6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 8 - Jan 14 Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Jan 8 - Jan 14 Week 2

Come one, come all! It's week 2 of "6 Weeks to a New You" thread to begin!
    A lot can be accomplished in 6 weeks. You just have to decide what you want and go for it.

This is a place for you to check in and let us know your goals, and what you are doing to make them happen! If you are new (and even if you're not), let us know a bit about you and your goals. You do not have to converse if you do not want to, just commit to 6 weeks of consistency, and check in to let us know that you are taking time for YOU!

Take your measurements, and just get to it! I am looking forward to seeing all of my old 6 week friends and would love to meet new friends too!

Here are some suggestions:
    Introduce yourself
    Make your own goals and state them if you choose
    Take your measurements (email me for measurement chart)
    Do your workouts consistently
    Come and check in... give and get moral support!
    Share any AHA moments

And please, anyone who just did the last six weeks, if you have had some wonderful results, or AHA moments, please let us all know!

I start a new thread every Monday morning for the new week.

Also, I have a word document that has this 6 week calendar and a grid for measurements on the bottom. Keep all of your information on one page! If anyone would like a copy, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

(Penny for Donna)
    Penny Nelson
    Pure Northern Michigan

Hi! How are you all?
    I posted about Monday and Tuesday in last week's thread. Getting into the Arm sequence a little more. Last night and this morning, I did the PBS. I have ordered two sets of DVDs and one DVD: More 1 + 2, Step away the inches and Debulk sequences. I am very much looking forward to receiving them!

Ayj, I would like to tell you that all your advice from last week has helped me so much! I don't get any nausea and if I do, it is very light and leaves quickly. Thank you so much once again!!

Comment

• ayj67
      ayj67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Helena, no problem. We love to help. I am an auditor, I normally can analyse and figure issues out with very little clues, that is my gift.

Got into a "funk" yesterday and didn't end up doing anything. Going to kick the funk to the curb and get moving!!!

A Funny story from Friday---my friend came and I wanted us to do the last part of the Fascia Fitness Retreat as we have not gotten that far in the 2 or 3 months we have been meeting. So we did PBS, Oil wells, and then moved into TTAPP Twist. FIFTY minutes later!!! Good grief---Teresa just keeps going and going! Every time I thought it was the last kick out, nope, here comes another move!!!

I saw my friend on Sunday and she told me she was glad I pick what we do every Friday. It is always just what she needs. Shock! And here I thought I was being "bossy"!
    Jennifer
    Wife for 32 wonderful years
    Mom to 7
    Mamee to 5
    T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      How nice that you can get together with your friend and T-tapp!

Today I am looking at PBS, then the rest of BWO+ at four reps per move instead of eight....I am feeling very fatigued and my right arm is pretty sore this morning. It hurts off and on from a fall I took a while back.

We are also taking recycling in today. Sorting, loading and unloading two weeks worth (including packaging from the holidays) is certainly going to count as a workout. Its finally warmed up enough I feel like I can do it...even though we are getting some freezing drizzle type stuff this morning.

Comment

• Just7
      Just7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jwilloby--I just love that TTAPP meets us right where we are and we can still do "something" even when we are feeling badly. I hope your arm is feeling better.

I did a few moves on Monday. Yesterday I was gone all day. I found my TappCore DVD so I think I'll see what I can do off that one today. I can finally say I am about totally better and I actually feel like I could maybe do a workout again.

It's -30 C again. We finally got about 6 inches of snow again. The 2.5 feet we had earlier had nearly disappeared again. I think tomorrow night is supposed to be -35. DD has an appointment 1.5 hrs away tomorrow afternoon. Trying to decide if we should cancel or not. Our suburban is in the mechanic shop right now and our van is just not as nice for travelling. But we only got on since they had a cancellation. She will do a bit of vision therapy and this is the first appt. Otherwise we'll be waiting months!

I am going to finish up a couple of baby quilt tops today, than I can go on to other things. DH got inspired (all on his own, too!!) to clean up storage room. We had a couple boxes of vinyl planking left from building house, so he laid that on floor in there. So that took one job off my list!

Comment

• Anna Lee
      Anna Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, -30°C, I haven't experienced that since I grew up in Sweden.

This afternoon, I did the BWO+ except the Box. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

I haven't posted in a few days. I came down with a cold Monday evening. Spent most of Tuesday napping. But I'm starting to get better today. I didn't nap any. Didn't do much either. I did a couple of HDs. I would have walked some, but DH reported that it was cold outside even though the temps were good. It was windy. He walked some and then came inside to finish walking.
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

• Just7
        Just7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Lois--I hope you recover your momentum quickly!

Still dealing with a bit of funk. Good thing mom and I had yoga yesterday with our young friend who is our instructor. I have not heard from my TTAPP friend, but I am just assuming that we are meeting at 9 this morning. If not, then I will put in a DVD and push play! I don't know what we will be doing today. I have half a mind to do BW0+. This is the one that she is dong on her own and I feel in need of completing a whole workout in 15 minutes or almost 30 if we do the Instruction 1. I love the Fascia Fitness Retreat one....but the whole thing is like an hour PLUS. Might be like 90 minutes long! I can't do that all in one shot in if we only do it once a week then it would take us a month to get through the whole thing.

Date night with the hubby tonight!
      Jennifer
      Wife for 32 wonderful years
      Mom to 7
      Mamee to 5
      T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Just in case any of you have noticed that I've been MIA...I haven't quit Tapping...nope! It certainly did slow down over Christmas, though. It's been a really busy time. Christmas and traveling and my son's wedding made this a rather hectic couple of months. Plus my LAST child moved out a couple weeks ago! The last unmarried one bought a house and moved into it. Making us actual Empty Nesters. how in the world did THAT happen???

I have been just a wee bit discouraged that my neck pain seems to keep increasing. I actually quit doing the neck part of the PBS because it's to the point where it only aggravates the pain. :/ Recently, I have been doing only PPW in order to not stress my neck, but I can tell that I'm losing some muscle tone, so today I tried BWO+ for the first time in a LONG time. I was very careful--tried to do everything I could to protect my neck--and though some of the moves hurt, it was good to do a real workout again. Just hoping that I don't end up with a whole bunch more pain as a result.

And now suddenly I have pretty much nothing on the calendar--such a change! So I'm looking forward to doing some deep cleaning and organizing this winter. Hopefully doing some redecorating of those empty upstairs bedrooms. Time to repaint that hot pink one, for sure!
        Ronda

Comment

• Anna Lee
          Anna Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Ronda, I am sorry that your neck pain is increasing while doing the PBS. Do you know how that can be...? I have arthosis in my neck and the PBS is relieving my pain.

• Just7
          Just7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ronda--great to hear from you! Such a busy season you have just come through. I hope you can find some quiet spaces and really enjoy the start of this new season. Praying that your neck pain is relieved!

This morning, I did the BWO+ and this afternoon, my DH & I had a 40 min walk (not T-tapp walking this time).
        Ladies, have a nice weekend!

Comment

I've done a bit of tapping here and there. School was cancelled Thursday and Friday because of the cold. - 40 on Thursday and -38 on Friday. That always throws a wrench in the gears to have unplanned holidays! Especially when it's too cold to go out at all! I did clean school yesterday and my house this morning, so that gives exercise. I've often wondered. We lived in a tiny house for 10 years. We moved to our big one. In old house, in the kitchen, basically everything was in reach. Now I have to walk to the fridge, to the sink, to the stove, to the pantry. Does one burn anymore calories? I walk 3 times as far to the bathroom and so on. LOL, I haven't noticed that it made a difference but I would have thought it would!

P.S. The temp is now -4 C! It was still -30 last night!
          Last edited by northmom; 01-13-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X