Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBF - jazz elbows - OIP

Originally posted by sissy973 09-07-2015, 02:09 AM

I am not sure I have understood correctly. I tried to slow BBF down but still can't get it...

1. what is "jazz elbows"? Elbows not too close to the body?

2. in sequence 1 (6 min 10 s), in OIP, first I do the tucks with all the foot pressed with toes up and jazzed (BJ pressing?) and then I change to heels pressing and toes really up (so no BJ pressing)? Something like what is on the back of the DVD, only with jazz toes? Or it is always the same movement for all the tucks? I tried to transcript what Teresa says but I am still confused about what I am supposed to do...

3. in the kickouts at the end of the sequences, what does "flick it" mean? Teresa says "cick it, flick it" (or at least this is what I understand ....). Should I tap the foot on the floor after the kick?

Thank you in advance!

ayj67
    09-07-2015, 02:26 AM

You don't have Senior Fit... kind od difficult to explain... especially in Kindle. Why don't you do More 2 with Berei... the kick out is with the core curl ribs up, that kick out is similar to kicking a soccer (football). I will write a longer replt tomorrow after I check both the BBF and More 2.

T-Tapp Trainer in Training

sissy973
    09-07-2015, 03:38 AM

Well, I might try More 2 with Berei watching it on my pc, now that I have found how to slow down the video also on my pc! I am focusing on BBF (superslow) now, and I didn't think about More 2...

Thank you for your time!

sissy973
    09-07-2015, 04:04 AM

I think I will get Senior Fit at the next free international shipping sale, just for having the instructionals to watch!

bit
    09-07-2015, 08:01 AM

sissy973, how do you slow down the video on a pc? I'd love to be able to do that!

homefire
    09-07-2015, 12:19 PM

I was wondering that, too!
    ~Ronda~

BlessedMama
    09-07-2015, 01:16 PM

"Flick kicks" are kicking out but not a wimpy kick. You kick purposefully yet not all tight--at the Retreat Teresa said "Let those thighs jiggle"!

Jazz elbows means you press the elbows into the floor--not too close nor too far from the body--and then hands are straight up and "jazzed" or spread the fingers apart from each other. That will help you curl your core and activate the lats.

And yes on the toes for the tucks after OIP!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

ayj67
    09-08-2015, 12:59 AM

I am not sure about your question on Jazz Elbow... It is not too far and not too close to the body. The angle that the shoulder and elbow formed is around 45 to 50 degrees from the torso. Jazz hand is quite easy to understand to create more finger tip to lats activation. I think you will need to adjust how the angle and the distance, as various move is for the knee to touch the jazzed hands or you will use your jazzed elbow to prop yourself up from the cross cross sit up. No matter how far or how close, it has to create the lats activation, and your finger tip, to elbow to bicep and tricep and lats activation with the moves. Place your elbow where you can feel the most lats, bicep and tricep muscles activation.

Actually, when I jazz toes on the OIP in the brain body sequence, I do not press big ball joint, as it is not necessary (I am not standing Jazz toes for more stable footing). My weight placement on my foot was still more on the outside edge of my feet (maintain KLT as always). I feel more on my inner thigh this way. Jazz toes creates more NK connection from toes to hip to lats. If your question is about BJ (I think you mean big ball joint), I don't think we have to press it, I think not pressing is better. OIP stays pretty consistent, the Brain Body series will put more emphasis on Jazz hands, Mitten Hands, Jazz Toe, hand point, flex point (you learn those in CCF, different point and bending creates different and more NK flow and fascia stretch).

We did quite a bit more of hand and foot variation at Core Floor 2 in this retreat. The foot position similar to Barbie toes/half point (similar to how to bend the toes at Mary Poppin feet). As usual, pay attention to the core, hip, lats activation first. If you cannot manage the foot position yet, just pay attention to the core activation and do the best for pointing toes first, then flex the heel will be the next o master. When the hamstring are stretch and flexibility is improved, do your variation to bring even more NK flow and fascia stretch. Don't get all stressed out if you cannot do it all, these things are progressively more complicated and difficult as they are supposed to be.

Do you still need explanation on the Flick Kick. It is never a click. There is no special tapping other than the regular landing on your heel. Flick is the term that is use for just the joint is move. Like you use the finger to flick a bug off instead of crushing it. So, when you keep your core activation in T-Tapp stance, the kick out is just the flick at the knee joint.

sissy973
    09-08-2015, 01:29 AM

Bit, Homefire - Well, it depends on the player you use. I use a VLC player, which is free, while the Windows Media Player would be the one used if I just click Play on the DVD. I also have the VLC player on my smartphone and in fact I first found on my smartphone that I could slow down, or speed up, a video. Once you have downloaded it and opened your DVD, you will click on Playback menu, then select Speed and choose between the different options (Fast, Fast (fine), normal, slow (fine), slow). Slow goes directly to x 0.5 (so the DVD will take the double to finish). Slow (fine) goes to x 0.9, then 0.8 and so on. I like using 0.6 for BBF, especially sequence 1, if I have time (but I am one that need to go really slow). I think I could use even a slower speed for the stretch parts, but I haven’t tried, yet. No strange effects on the slowered voice on the pc, while I have it a little bit “funny”, more mechanical, on the smartphone.
    Hope this helps!

Trisch - thank you , I think
    thighs jiggle
    gives me the right image of the effect I should have.

Ayj - ok, I think Jazz elbows is clear. I hadn't heard that expression before, so I was not sure my interpretation was correct.
    Thank you too for the explanation on the Flick...
    flick a bug
    ... I never heard that term too, so I am happy I asked!

Don't worry, I am not stressing out at all! I know it is a never ending journey and I can feel (small) improvements day by day!

Comment

Working...
    X